Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • charles chambles
    • Jul 2017

Blow to pop technique

Can anyone share their blow to pop technique? Specifically the grip? I notice some models never let air escape from the balloon and others struggle by letting air leak/squeak out. Are there any videos out there on how to hold the ballon properly for the best B2p?

Thanks!
  • Qualatex16
    • Jul 2021

Re: Blow to pop technique

personally I don't hold the mouthpiece at all...my hands hold the balloon and I press it firmly against my mouth. No air escaping with that technique, at some point there is just no mouthpiece left, only a neck with an opening.

Comment

• balloonPatcher
      • Jun 2020

Although I am a non-popper, I enjoy watching these youtube channels. Hundreds of B2P's with many different types of balloons.

Another youtube channel with hundreds of B2P's is Blown2bits.

Enjoy

Comment

• geoff
        • Oct 2021

Originally posted by charles chambles
        Can anyone share their blow to pop technique? Specifically the grip? I notice some models never let air escape from the balloon and others struggle by letting air leak/squeak out. Are there any videos out there on how to hold the ballon properly for the best B2p?

Thanks!
        Hi I bought a mouth piece with a valve built in from Germany no air loss you can blow up to the mouth piece opf the balloon, Great for bursting the balloon.

Comment

• Nopops4me
          • Jun 2015

Blon2bits has gone a bit quiet lately. You could try NightOwl

Comment

• SusieDK
            • Dec 2017

Hi,

I never really thought so much about how I do it, but as I never have much trouble with ‘wasting air’, I paid some attention to how I do it.
            When I start blowing I put the mouthpiece between my lips as I think is the way most people do, but after the balloon gets bigger (when the neck starts to form), I just hold the balloon against my lips instead - the same as you do when you blow into a trumpet. The balloon is easier to ‘control’ this way - at least to me it is.
            I also sometimes blow them while only holdning them by the sides, this is a little harder as you need to push the balloon towards your lips, but it is really cool - and quite a bit more thrilling.

Both ways allows you to blow the balloon all the way until it bursts. I think most will find the first way to be the easiest though.

You can simply try out what works best for you.

Thank you for reading my posting - and have fun. ��

Sincerely
            Susie
            Last edited by SusieDK; 30-03-2022, 14:42.

Comment

• Sl33juhrLooner
              • Jan 2019

Option one here too, but only for the big balloons, TT24 I use the second technique, the mouthpiece is just to big when they're fully inflated.

Must say, a belbal is also fun to blow to pop by holding on to it's sides. The neck can get enormous that way

Originally posted by SusieDK
              Hi,

I never really thought so much about how I do it, but as I never have much trouble with ‘wasting air’, I paid some attention to how I do it.
              When I start blowing I put the mouthpiece between my lips as I think is the way most people do, but after the balloon gets bigger (when the neck starts to form), I just hold the balloon against my lips instead - the same as you do when you blow into a trumpet. The balloon is easier to ‘control’ this way - at least to me it is.
              I also sometimes blow them while only holdning them by the sides, this is a little harder as you need to push the balloon towards your lips, but it is really cool - and quite a bit more thrilling.

Both ways allows you to blow the balloon all the way until it bursts. I think most will find the first way to be the easiest though.

Thank you forreading my posting - and have fun. 🤗

Sincerely
              Susie

Comment

• Loonatic
                Balloons + Feet
                • Apr 2016

Really love the idea of blowing like this but always afraid to get snapped in the face. I'm already a bit skittish with B2P and generally have to shield my face quite a bit (which takes away from the enjoyment).

Have you ever had issues with the balloon snapping back and hurting you when popping like this?

Originally posted by SusieDK
                Hi,

Thank you for reading my posting - and have fun. ��

Sincerely
                Susie

Comment

• srob2
                  • Dec 2017

I enjoy seeing both hands on the sides of the balloon. Once you grab a balloon this way, it is difficult to put your hands back around the mouthpiece to tie it off, especially if you inflated the neck. If you see someone do this, you just know they intend to blow until it bursts.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  😂
                  🥰
                  😘
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😞
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎