Old 30-11-2018, 09:01 PM

Beachballer is on a distinguished road
Default How to stretch a beachball
Can someone help me on stretching a beachball without popping it? Thanks
Old 30-11-2018, 11:41 PM

craggy2012 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: How to stretch a beachball
Under a shower head running hot water is one method. You can keep turning the ball so it expands evenly.
Old 20-12-2018, 03:31 AM

SuTeKh is on a distinguished road
The hot shower trick works well. I stretched a 20' bestway beach ball to about 26 to 28 inches this way. Would squeeze it under the hot water then inflate it more and so on. Another way i like to do it is turn the ball infront of a heater to equally warm it up then add some more air then i would sit on it with about half my weight to stretch it out then add more air to it. Had one get a pin sized hole in the seam so be careful when doing so but i patched the hole and its good now. Only paid 50 cents for each ball and the quality is pretty good i must say
Old 20-12-2018, 04:13 AM

A small (handheld) steam cleaner can be used too. Blow the ball up first, then insert the steam cleaners nozzle into the pinch valve to administer steam and warm and slowly stretch the ball from within.
Old 20-12-2018, 04:25 AM

Thumbs up Re: How to stretch a beachball
A few years ago I was over in Switzerland for the summer Airshow season and whilst most nights folks would be downstairs in the bar till the early hours passing mac books or tablets of their days Aviation photography about over copious amounts of draught Rugenbrau...... I’d be feigning an early night n heading off to my room for project ‘Beach Ball’ where I’d be unbeknown to my fellow photographer’s- slaving away in my hotel bathroom turning a Bestway Splash n Play 48incher into a monster!
Attached Images:
Old 20-12-2018, 04:43 AM

The only anoying thing was the narrow bathroom door. Each night when I was finished I’d have to deflate this ever swelling beach ball down considerably just to get the thing into the other room, then re inflate it again. After three nights (on and off) I’d gotten the ball to something between an inflated 60 and a 72inch ball but the vinyl by now was paper thin in places and oddly the red hot water I’d been running off for hours at a go (not the sort of thing I’d be doing back home with my own hot water) had leeched a lot of the balls plasticiser out turning it from soft, sticky vinyl to this totally different really thin crinkly cellophane feeling material. It also changed its aroma from a pleasant sweet smell to this odd pungent vile smell that made the room stink. If you’d been out for the day it hit you when you walked back in so who knows what the room staff made of it when they came in to make my room up each day!

But here’s the end result including it wedged under the sink from where I’d been riding it!
Attached Images: