Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Benjy
    • Mar 2018

UK Macdonalds balloons

Noticed at the weekend when passing that the local branch of Maccy's were going a bit mad with the balloons... and possibly a closet looner on their staff- I noticed the ones being given out at the weekend were huge, easily over a foot, possibly getting on for "16, and very tightly inflated, air-filled on sticks.

I only mention it because generally the balloons (when they've been there at all) have been relatively small in the past, or possibly a different brand of balloons altogether, as they'd been 8"-"10 in previous visits.

Also interesting to note the amount of popped ones lying around nearby too, again more than usual. Maybe a bigger balloon was just too tempting to burst, or just too inconvenient for people to carry around all day. I witnessed one stomp-to-pop by two people, after the person with the balloon had been struggling to carry it with all the shopping and so on.

Anyone else noticed similar at Macdonalds?
  • wildheart
    • Apr 2015

Re: UK Macdonalds balloons

Never any that big. Seen some very tight 12 inches, but that’s it. I do love the crystal coloured ones.
    How big will it go? Only one way to find out...
    My website: loonerstories.weebly.com

Comment

• Seasidelad
      • Sep 2018

I wish they were rolling them out to all restaurants much prefered the larger ones they used to have. The biggest I have seen recently was in the Birmingham area but they weren’t as big as 16’s. My local restaurants all have the small ones look like 9 inches.

Comment

• WannabePopper
        • Oct 2018

Funny you should post this, as I distinctly remember displays with some large balloons at the MDs near my secondary school in North London!

This was about 20 years ago, being a teenager, I already had a balloon fetish by then. I'd say the balloons were 16 inches - impressively large and quite unusual back then. They were arranged in a "flower cluster" arrangement with one balloon in the center upright and maybe five or six balloons circling it on their sides. Hope that makes sense to people!

They were hanging up high above the counter out of reach of customers -as I doubt they would have lasted long with teenagers! The balloon clusters were all reds then all yellows next to eachother - MD's colors.

I remember, even then, thinking how great it would be if I got the clusters down and had the local girls do a sit-to-pop race. If I am being honest, I was so full of hormones back then and the balloons were so shiny and big that it is as hard not to get an erection in there.

Comment

• Vicci
          Blown to bits
          • Oct 2009

My local one (I say local, it's 15 miles away) only has the smaller ones when I've gone in, but they're always necked so the staff obviously think they should be bigger!

I used to have loads of McDonalds balloons - I bought a box full a number of year ago, but they're mostly gone now. Not been able to get any more
          Vicci x

Comment

• snh61
            • Sep 2017

McDonalds in our damned country only carry small cheap pastel loons. Not even nice.

But those crystal ones used elsewhere I've seen on videos are pretty exciting!

Comment

• gerbil366@outlook.com
              • Dec 2020

Back in the 90’s Mac Donald’s balloons used to be really big I always grabbed a couple every time I was in but nowadays they just have the really small ones which I don’t bother with now

Comment

• Shaxx
                • Jun 2017

Our nearest McDonalds has not had any balloons for a long time, when they did they weren't very big but usually an extra inflation got them to a slightly better size.

A couple of years ago they had a Ronald House charity day and there were some red balloons for that event that were significantly bigger than their usual ones, unfortunately I have not seen the Ronald house balloons since.

I definitely remember McDonalds balloons being bigger in the 90s.
                Last edited by Shaxx; 30-12-2020, 17:52.

Comment

• gerbil366@outlook.com
                  • Dec 2020

The last time I saw maccy d balloons that big was in Waltham cross they were on display on sticks , I felt tempted to grab a couple but had a friend with me so couldn’t

Comment

• PBK
                    • Mar 2019

Haven't seen any at any of our McDonalds' since this fucking pandemic broke out.

Comment

• Nopops4me
                      • Jun 2015

Probably find PBK that McDonalds along with others have stopped handing out balloons because the balloons usually have a valve. These get pulled out and the helium sucked out, passing it to others in the group. The saliva could transfer covid. They don't want to take any risk.

Comment

Working...