Old 29-06-2020, 03:50 AM

heaviest is on a distinguished road
Default Re: swim rings
More fun with swim rings at the pool. The woman I've called Tall Girl, who I'm told weighs just over 600 pounds, and a woman my partner's size, about 450 pounds, were there. The smaller woman was a champ at dropping onto a 47 inch ring and landing it without falling off. She'd stand on the top stair and put the thing behind her and just drop into it. She didn't really fit in the hole, but got partially into it enough to hook her butt into it and sit almost normally, with the part under her thighs submerged. When she got bored floating like that she'd lean forward slowly, sinking one side while the other side popped out of the water, until she'd slide out of it, and then she'd take the thing to the stairs and drop into it again. She could also land reliably face down, by falling far enough forward that she'd hook her belly into the hole.

Tall girl tried the butt drops and had substantially more trouble staying on it. It was way more unstable, and she didn't come close to fitting in the hole, so she was more on top of it and not so much in it, and it sunk a lot more and spilled her a lot. But she did manage to float, with her legs far under water and just a part of the tube under her back not fully submerged. And I got to see her drop on the thing several times, briefly submerging it completely. I also looked from underneath with goggles on. The tube under her legs was flattened against her skin like it is when a heavy person sits on it out of the water. Pretty cool to see in the water. So much of it was flattened that I thought it had leaked and would be partially deflated when she got off it, but it was just stretched normally and still mostly inflated.

I also floated in the rings, and when I leaned forward to submerge one side as much as I could, basically sitting on the ring rather than in the hole, it felt really tight against my butt and legs, like it would burst. But it didn't. Tall girl didn't get to see herself dropping onto the things, but was impressed when I did it. "OMG I m musta sunk the thing even more, didn't I?!" She then did some gratuitously hard butt drops, and mostly fell off.

Last edited by heaviest; 29-06-2020 at 03:56 AM.
Old 30-06-2020, 02:10 PM

heaviest is on a distinguished road
Default Re: swim rings
One more day with a brief period of private pool access before I head home. Mostly a working visit, and it's ironically too hot for gathering at the pool. And just a couple people with me. Tall girl is just over 600 pounds, there's another woman of about my partner's size, and a guy who says he's exactly the person his 500+ rated float is made for, Mr "not a lot more than that".

The high quality pool float is a rainbow-bottom 45-inch tube rated for 500+ pounds. He's super proud of it, but I prefer flimsier floats LOL. It's large-ish, so it's probably 45 inches inflated. It does, indeed, float him just fine. Tall girl doesn't really fit in it, but it floats her, too. The weight rating means it likely won't burst, but a ring even that size still looks overloaded with that much weight on it, so it's still fun to see even if it's unlikely to pop. We have popped one of these before, though. Thick vinyl, not very stretchy, reinforced inner seam. If it was mine I'd sit on it outside the pool to make it interesting. If it was mine I'd want to get two of us on it.

But my rings (I have two) are un-rated cheap things and Tall Girl knows I'd totally love to see her pop them. We drop into them and they take the abuse just fine. I watch her sit on it, one side loaded more heavily than the other, from under water with goggles again. Flattened under her legs a surprising amount, and bulging under her back. We've done all this before and I won't be able to keep her interested. What she hadn't already done, though, is drop into the water with one leg through the tube. The whole thing goes under water briefly, and about the third time she does this she is able to stay in it. Basically, sitting with the tube between her legs, just about submerging the thing. From under water it looks like she has so much of it flattened that it must have popped. But nope, she got out of it and it's stretched to hell but still holding air.

We add air, she gets one leg into it and floats in it with one side squashed and under water again and the other side bulging out of the water. She squirms and twists the thing, and her skin makes popping noises against the wet vinyl. Then...pow! It's a lot like the other popping noises she's been making, but this one's louder and she screams, and it's definitely leaking air this time. The bulging side deflates and the whole thing goes under water.

The other ring, and the heavy duty one, survive the fairly short pool session.

Those Intex inflatable chairs are still here and apparently abandoned, so we're able to use those. They are basically a 48 inch ring with a bulge sticking out of them to lean on, and they have vinyl covering the hole. There's a small hole in that piece of vinyl so that it doesn't trap air. They hold me just fine but I wonder how durable that vinyl over the hole is. It stretches a lot with me on it. Tall girl's butt is wider so she doesn't load it so much. I sit to one side, on the tube, so 450 pound girl can join me on the other side. She's freaked out about popping it but it holds us. 500 pound guy and tall girl try to both get on the other chair, but they have less patience than I'd like and they don't figure out how to balance. I can't see what I and 450 pound girl look like on a 48 inch tube, but those other two make the thing look tiny. I wish she'd just sit on him, but they instead give up and she takes that chair. Drops into it really hard and the other woman kinda screams and laughs, but the chair doesn't pop.

I asked who the chairs belonged to and was told they were abandoned and that I should take them with me, so I did. There's a third that was almost completely deflated. The one I was on with the other woman seemed really soft when we got off of it but I've tested it and it is not leaking. The third chair does have a leak.

Last edited by heaviest; 30-06-2020 at 02:25 PM.