Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nopops4me
    • Jun 2015

Sore fingers

I always seem to get sore fingers after half tying or fully tying off a number (20 or so) of my latex balloons. Some youtube videos show guys & gals blowing up and tying balloons by the hundreds and in some cases thousands to make a balloon room. Anyone got any ideas how to tie off the necks without getting sore fingers??
    Thanks in advance for your sugestions
  • Danman1987
    • Nov 2012

Re: Sore fingers

You can get a piece of PVC pipe and saw a piece of that in half so you get like a C-shape. When the balloon is inflated you take the balloon at the underside of the pipe and twist the neck around it and tie it of.

Comment

• ShredFox
      • Mar 2019

Maybe you could try a new way of tying the knot, there are different ways to do so. I find that the way shown in this video, which was new to me when I first saw it, protects one's fingers pretty well, but I think this doesn't work as well if you want to tie larger balloons. It also takes a bit to get used to.

Comment

• RareWhisper
        • Mar 2020

i personally like using fruit/veg ties

Comment

• 7balloon
          • Dec 2018

Congratulations! The reason you are feeling sore fingers is that you are probably rubbing them against tight rubber. Tying off 100 balloons that still have a lot of stretch in the neck is easy. Not so easy if you have such a tight balloon that you really have to stretch the ring to tie it.

Annnnnnnnd... bandaids. Before you start tying, but some bandaids on your tying fingers. Have a bunch, becuase the rolling rubber as you tie will peal them off. But you'll figure it out. But on bandaids before you tie and you can zip through a few hundred with 20 or so bandaids and not feel like you put your fingers in a furnace.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍
          👎