X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Seasider
    • Jan 2016

Balloons in new york

Hi all

Will be in New York for 3 weeks in February for work and wondered if anyone knew of any decent places where I can buy some balloons before I travel back to the uk. I’ve heard of balloon salon and was thinking about a visit there but wondered if somewhere like party city was worth a visit?

Appreciate any feedback
  • cerratahi
    • Aug 2018

Re: Balloons in new york

NYC resident here. For the most part I've only ordered balloons online, so I'm also really curious to read answers to this question

Comment

• LoonerPlanet
      • Nov 2018

Balloon Saloon is worth a visit, just to soak up the latex-filled atmosphere. However, they prefer to sell helium-filled balloons. The one time I purchased un-inflated balloons from them, it was quite expensive. If you are going to be in NYC for 3 weeks, why not order balloons online from a US source? Look at bargainballoons, ballooncountry, Brodys balloons, and saveonballoons. You can get balloons delivered in 3 days at good prices. Saveonballoons will even sell you 17" and 24" Tuftex by the piece. Oh, and take an extra suitcase to bring home all those balloons!

Comment

• Seasider
        • Jan 2016

Many thanks for that info -I suppose I am thinking of getting some balloons that maybe harder to get in the uk. I always found tuftex expensive to buy but that has been partly solved by the new balloon website balloon ace. Will def take a look at balloon salon!!

Comment

• Nopops4me
          • Jun 2015

Yeah, I find BalloonAce brilliant for those of us in the UK

Comment

• Seasidelad
            • Sep 2018

Balloon saloon was the store I was thinking of but never been myself. It always amazed me that it has so many inflatables outside when it is a city store.

Comment

• LoonerPlanet
              • Nov 2018

I've attached a photo that I took of the store. I wish that I could have taken a photo inside. It is a small store, but was filled with balloons. The smell of latex was quite prominent. They were inflating 16" balloons while I was there. I could see jars full of big balloons waiting to be blown up. It is a Looner's dream store, except for the prices.
              Attached Files

Comment

• Blowitbig
                • Jan 2016

Those balloons are beautiful , thanks for the pic
                The bigger the better

Comment

• iguessimalooner
                  • Dec 2017

I'm not very familiar with NY geography but "Havin' A Party" is around the NYC metropolitan area, they have all types of brands and they're really nice. Also ships, and have an Instagram!
                  Texas y'all.

Comment

• Seasider
                    • Jan 2016

Thanks for this - I am going to visit both places just to experience it. I do appreciate all of the replies to my original question. I will try and post some photos - do you think they are aware of the looner community?

Comment

• Asclepio
                      • Sep 2018

Believe me, I follow these guys on instagram and they have everything (well maybe not cattex, but if you are into tuftex, belbal, gemar, and sempertex, yo are in the best place)
                      A looner looking for fun, against violence or people with hightened moral idealism…. I just care about loons, so don’t ruin the fun.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      😂
                      🥰
                      😘
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😞
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎