Was there a single thing or point in your life that switched you onto balloons?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • loonlun
    • Mar 2021

Re: Was there a single thing or point in your life that switched you onto balloons?

As far back as I can remember I always liked having balloons around, and when I was alone with them that I really liked pressing them against myself. Like a lot of others have already said, sometime before puberty I discovered that balloons gave me a funny sensation that I liked but also didn't understand until I was older.

I once felt ashamed for what I'd do with balloons, and even wrote a letter to future me wondering if I'd ever stopped or "gotten better." Around puberty I discovered websites with people talking about this stuff and realized I wasn't alone. I'm glad that I grew up in an era with the internet and discovered that what I had going on was a fetish and that fetishes are surprisingly normal things to happen to people. I've now completely accepted this part of myself.
    Last edited by loonlun; 11-05-2021, 01:36.

Comment

• JCB
      • Feb 2021

Re: Was there a single thing or point in your life that switched you onto balloons?

Loonerlun coming to terms with & accepting fetish for what it is & realizing that there are many others who share the same fetish is an uplifting relief & release. Balloons do it for me I'm glad & certainly not ashamed of it nor should anyone else

Comment

• loonlun
        • Mar 2021

Absolutely, JCB. I think it's one piece of the puzzle and I'm fortunate that I have accepting close friends, mostly accepting former and current partners, and have been able to find communities like this one.

I realize afterwards I might have overshared about the moment I became solidly a looner as far as details goes.

Comment

• frankfrank
          Empathetic Harmonizer
          • Feb 2018

^ No, loonlun, you didn't overshare. It's so precious that you could come here and talk to us so frankly, and certainly a lot of us relate well to your story. So wonderful to read, too, that you've fully accepted it. There ARE some very distinctive advantages to being alive in these modern times (not to mention antibiotics, access to incredible repositories and libraries, modern transportation, etc.). In 1960, you would have stood alone, man.

I never fail to be fascinated how often people with our fetish had it spawned out of fear of popping. (I'm one of those in an apparent DEEP minority that did not have that as a component or agent of my fetish, as it formed.) Is there anything else analogous to this at all, in human psychology, where *FEAR* of something was entirely repurposed into something that is enjoyed tremendously? I can only think of extreme outdoors recreation (from, perhaps, skiing up to near-unimaginable things), MAYBE, coming out of the primal fear of falling. It would be interesting seeing something, probably at the level of a college Doctoral Thesis, explaining just how this kind of thing works.
          Last edited by frankfrank; 02-04-2021, 06:03.
          People who don't know the difference between BURRO and BURROW, can't tell their ass from a hole in the ground.

There's been a lot of thefts of helium-filled balloons recently. More so than in the past, so they're going up. I think inflation is to blame.

"Some people without brains do an awful lot of talking." - The Scarecrow, WIZARD OF OZ, 1939

Comment

• izzyrob
            • Oct 2018

A lot of fetishism is born out of the “taboo” — which includes things we’re afraid of. Someone who is afraid of being punished as a child could develop a spanking fetish for example. There’s a lot of interesting research about the causes of fetishes out there and when you look into it the whole balloon thing makes quite a lot of sense in the context of the greater world of fetishes, especially those of us who had an early fear of popping.

Comment

• Qbubbleballoon (:
              • Apr 2021

Originally posted by AJK64
              I always enjoyed balloons since I was very young. Loved playing with them and eventually bursting them. As I got older I found that seeing other guys playing with balloons really fascinated me. I would watch and wonder if they liked them as much as me. In my early teens I found that cuddling a balloon was comforting. I loved seeing them bulge in my arms and would see how much they could take before exploding.

One big incident though completely activated my fetish. I had a best friend I met aged around 12 or so who I slowly realized I found a attractive. One night at his 14th birthday party after everyone left, it was just me and him with a room half full of big balloons. He asked if I wanted to help him bust them. We had before this time been very touchy feely friends...always hugging and we shared a bed at sleepovers. While we were bursting the balloons things got pretty physical and we ended up kissing. From that moment on balloons became a big turn on.
              Awwww!

Comment

• 7balloon
                One of the First Online
                • Dec 2018

For me sex is balloons. One of my very first clear memories is of holding a way too tight balloon against my boner. A lot of my early memories is of boinking balloons confused and happy and then extastic. Thinking of balloons has been a part of every orgasm I have ever had. Balloons being squished, fucking them, them being ripped apart or poked with a pin. How the balloons are played with changes about every six to nine months...but it's always about balloons. I can't cum without having a balloon or thinking about one.

And this focus happened when I was seven. And has been a part of me since then.

I appreciate the question and all the responses. It got me thinking about that first time, and what the fuck happened? Why? But at the same time balloons make me happy. Makes my dick happy.

Comment

• PopWatcher
                  • Jan 2023

When I was about 7 or 8, my friend (similar age) invited me to his house to see his dad bursting a load of balloons from a birthday party. We stood and watched as his dad popped them by sitting on them and stubbing his cigarette into them. Then he gave us each a bunch and said we could pop them. That memory has always stuck with me and I enjoyed watching the demise of all the poor balloons, especially by the very masculine dad.

Comment

• Ladyloonerlover
                    • Mar 2014

I couldn't inflate them for the longest time. Then once I finally inflated my 1st one at 13 I was hooked.

Comment

• Scooter
                      • May 2022

For me it was less one specific moment, and more a couple of small steps, similar to Susie.

I've always had an interest in balloons, but that's pretty normal for a kid. After a certain event I've shared on this board before, I realized balloons could pop. It made me a little wary at first, and of course over time that wariness becomes fear. Only made worse by future experiences with balloons being with other kids.

But at some point I realized that I actually did not mind them, I just minded the bursting. And I could trust myself not to do that. But it's hard to explain that when you're so young, so outside of a couple experiences I never got to play with balloons growing up. It kinda became a Holy Grail of sorts in my mind. "When I'm older (with money and a car), I'm going to get some balloons in secret" was something I continued to hold on to. Not a big enough deal to call it an obsession, but I very much remember having it in my head since middle school.

Now, regarding the actual fetish, I did that kinda backwards. One night I was up late and got curious if other people were afraid of balloons. I would watch videos and read testimonies of others in the same plight, and it was reassuring. Then at some point I realized I liked seeing and hearing others, particularly women, interact and talk about balloons. So I grew to look that up. By now I realized that women interacting with balloons did something for me, but I was still too nervous to actually go out and get some balloons myself. If I saw balloons in real life (not being messed with), I would internally admire them and get a nervous excitement. It was only in college I fully admitted to myself I had a fetish for balloons.

Even though I (obviously) have my own balloons that I play with, to this day one of the main appeals is just... hearing girls talk about balloons. I love roleplay videos or videos where they're simply chatty.

Comment

• Slugamano
                        • Jul 2016

In my early childhood I had two bad experiences with popping balloons so I think that was the beginning of my phobia.

Several years later, in my teens, I tried to overcome that so I started to inflate and pop balloons on different ways: putting them below a duvet and pop with a long needle; then pushing them against sharp objects, then jumping onto them and finally the great success: the very first intentional B2P…

After that I always tried to obtain balloons (that time it was rather expensive, compared to my pocket money) and popping them when I was alone at home.

Ones my stepfather caught me on popping a balloon in the bathroom; he told nothing but after that I always found some new balloons in my drawer.

Comment

• Whale Rider
                          • Nov 2022

dont know Balloons and Inflatables gave me a hard on and that sticked....

Comment

• Regular Guy
                            • Aug 2015

I definately can't tell.

I hardly can tell what caused my phobia and I absolutely cannot tell what switched me onto balloons.
                            Can't remember anything that could have started that...

Comment

• AgroTurtle
                              • Jun 2021

Always liked balloons growing up as a kid but as I got older they became rarer and rarer. I was always "curious" when playing with them and it was when I was about 11-12 that I watched the my strange addiction for balloons and part of me realised that I related somewhat to the guy in the video. I managed to find some old balloons and blew them up and played with them. It had been a long time since I had played with any and I think that's what made me like them so much again.

Comment

• Viper
                                Back me up, Vito!
                                • Jun 2021

Balloons always gave me a strange sensation, right from a young age. Just seeing someone blow up a balloon; the sight of it, the sound as the air rushed in. Just seeing it get bigger and bigger, it would almost give me goosebumps and sometimes I'd even shutter just a bit. I never really knew why though. But then when I finally got the chance to play with balloons myself and after orgasming after blowing up a balloon multiple times, that's when I knew. I think I was in 6th grade by this time. Getting an uninflated balloon in my hands and then blowing up the balloon myself would give me butterflies in my stomach, it was a great feeling. I could control just how I wanted to do it. If I wanted to go slow and easy, or if I wanted to blow aggressively to hear that great sound. Yet strangely, the same type of sound using a pump or tank does nothing for me. Has to be mouth blown.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎