Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Danniballoon
    • Mar 2018

Reusing display balloons

I always think it's a shame when large display balloons aren't reused. It makes sense, as the user recoups some of their cost and the buyer gets them at a reasonable price. Even smaller balloons can be reused, provided they have been inflated hygienically, with a pump. I once got some Qualatex 36's that had been used at a kids party. They were in perfect condition and barely oxidized. You can pay up to £5 each for them in the UK. It also gives me a bit of a buzz, like I rescued them :-)

More recently, I got about 26, 5.5 ft and 4 ft cloudbusters that had been used in an art installation. They have an awesome oxidised latex smell with them, (despite been partly chloroprene). I just love rolling about in them and feeling them against me. It gives me such a nice feeling that I managed to 'rescue' them before anyone pops them
  • Nopops4me
    • Jun 2015

Re: Reusing display balloons

Good idea to rescue/reuse as we seem to be asked to save the planet and reuse or recycle everything. Is there going to be a time when some bug or something gets at the trees that the latex juice comes from and the trees die off. That would be a disaster.

Comment

• PBK
      • Mar 2019

I'm the same. I love to rescue balloons and there's a special attachment to the balloons if they were blown up by someone else and rescued from popping.
      I too got cloudbusters once. A Petland store had a grand opening and they had tethered cloudbusters flying above the front entrance as well as a balloon arch over the main doors. I knew the lady that was contracted to do the decorating and once the grand opening was over, she was also responsible for cleaning up the balloon display. She cut the plastic clips she used to seal the cloudbusters and deflated them. I got them later from here for a Starbucks coffee.
      Custom printed balloons are my absolute favorite but they're always a challenge to get. Especially unused.

Comment

• 7balloon
        One of the First Online
        • Dec 2018

Rescue balloons are always an added attraction for me. Love to find and get them.

Comment

• balloonPatcher
          • Jun 2020

I would love to rescue a broken 60 or 72 inch non-chloroprene balloon by patching it
          back together.

Comment

• Danniballoon
            • Mar 2018

Keep a lookout in the local free ads. I've seen a few used balloon arches been given away, recently

Comment

• Danniballoon
              • Mar 2018

Last edited by Danniballoon; 08-02-2021, 14:30.

Comment

• Danniballoon
                • Mar 2018

The moment it makes it all worthwhile, after the hassle of trying to save them and negotiating a deal on them to save them. Stripping naked and launching yourself on to the soft and welcoming rubber and experiencing an intense moment of satisfaction and relief, when you finally get to ride it and pump out your frustrations all over it. The thought of saving it from being in a public place and people who would have loved to pop it, makes it all the more intense... A 4 foot rescued balloon that was one of several used in a mall display
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Danniballoon; 16-03-2021, 12:09.

Comment

• 7balloon
                  One of the First Online
                  • Dec 2018

Getting balloons used for decoration is my ultimate. I will have more fun with those than any others!

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  😂
                  🥰
                  😘
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😞
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎