Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wildheart
    • Apr 2015

New game idea

I was coming up with ideas for a new game while on a walk today (after popping some balloons in the woods I thought I’d post some of my ideas on here to see what you guys think.

It would be done in the same program as loonquest 2 (link if you haven’t played it, it’s a 2D RPG like looner game: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qnf...w?usp=drivesdk )

Instead of a completely linear story, you’d progress at your own pace. You have to earn money to do different activities. You’d use the money to buy balloons, accessories (balloon or inflatable related), fuel for the car (to go to new places, and upgrades (more on that later)

To earn money there’d be lots of different jobs and activities, such as working in a party shop, clearing up balloons after events and making balloon displays. You’d get payed depending how well you do. (Keep popping balloons while making a display and you’ll get a penalty) some of these activities would have mini games too.

I may make some 3D renders to use as graphics. I’ll have sound effects like in the first two games. I actually recorded some stuff today for it.

As for the main story, you and your best friend absolutely love balloons and want to go on different adventures together. At some stage you’ll build a little secret spot and get to upgrade it over time. The upgrades will be things like: carpet (so you can ride balloons without them popping easily), a helium tank, pumps, decorations and maybe more.

What do you guys think? Let me know if you have ideas or want to help. Right now it’s in the planning stage, but once I begin work, it shouldn’t take too long.

I have to do planning, graphics, sound design, story writing, world building and scripting all the events. Do let me know if you think you can help with any of that. Pixel art and sound recording are the things that I could use a hand with. I’ll post updates here.
    How big will it go? Only one way to find out...
    My website: loonerstories.weebly.com
  • Benga
    • Sep 2015

Re: New game idea

I would like to help with world building and story ideas. As you may remember, I had some ideas for game elements during the Loonquest 2 era. Maybe some of these could be adapted to this new project, or maybe all different ones could be used and adapted. Either way, I am eager to help as desired.

Comment

• wildheart
      • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Benga
      I would like to help with world building and story ideas. As you may remember, I had some ideas for game elements during the Loonquest 2 era. Maybe some of these could be adapted to this new project, or maybe all different ones could be used and adapted. Either way, I am eager to help as desired.
      Yes, I remember. I’ll see if I can use them for this new game. I certainly need ideas for characters. Once I’ve got the characters and setting done, the story can be worked on.

As for the world building, you can certainly suggest some locations. You’d only be able to help with putting everything together if you have the program I use (RPG maker mv) it doesn’t take too long though. Just need to make some custom assets.

Comment

• wildheart
        • Apr 2015

So I’ve finally got around to starting this new game. I’ve got some people on board to help, but could certainly do with more people. Development is being discussed on discord. If you want to help, this is the server link https://discord.gg/ZBMFj9e

Comment

Working...
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡
        👍