Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Danniballoon
    • Mar 2018

Large Rifco balloons outside looner circles

I was just wondering if anyone has ever seen the larger shaped balloons such as giant dolls and GL500/700/1200 balloons used outside looner circles?
    I have never seen them used for other purposes, ie. promotions, nightclubs, etc. It would be great to see them used elsewhere and even watch random people interacting with them.
  • SAF
    • Nov 2019

Re: Large Rifco balloons outside looner circles

I was thinking the same thing. I would think maybe see them in Europe

Comment

• Bubblyzzz
      • Jul 2017

I saw some of the figure balloons filled with helium in Switzerland during the celebration that coincides with Carnivale. I was in Lucerne at the time. This was several years ago.

Comment

• LoonerJeff

I haven't seen any larger/figurine balloons in public either, which leads me to think they're kept in production solely from the looner crowd. I swear the Cattex 36" and 32" longnecks were made specifically for looners. I do wonder why the Q24 went out of production though, considering it may be the most loved balloon among looners. I think maybe they didn't like the association to a fetish community. Back when it was still around, if you ever googled "Qualatex 24" you would get all kinds of picks I imagine most people found quite shocking lol

Comment

• Seidenki
          • Dec 2016

GL500s or similar do appear in party shops with prints on them as "banner balloons". The giant dolls, again printed, turn up sometimes in large party stores with themed decorations, usually Halloween.

Comment

• Balloon_Aficionado
            • Nov 2019

Originally posted by LoonerJeff
            I haven't seen any larger/figurine balloons in public either, which leads me to think they're kept in production solely from the looner crowd. I swear the Cattex 36" and 32" longnecks were made specifically for looners. I do wonder why the Q24 went out of production though, considering it may be the most loved balloon among looners. I think maybe they didn't like the association to a fetish community. Back when it was still around, if you ever googled "Qualatex 24" you would get all kinds of picks I imagine most people found quite shocking lol
            I believe the owner of Cattex is aware of looners and caters to us with things like the long neck balloons as mentioned in this article.

Qualatex seems to be a larger company with their focus on much higher volume sales. The 24" wasn't a big seller with decorators (who consume a lot more balloons than the fetish community) so they cut the product line. I don't believe they did it to spite the fetish community, I think they just don't care about us.

Comment

• LoonerHoax
              • May 2020

Originally posted by Balloon_Aficionado
              I believe the owner of Cattex is aware of looners and caters to us with things like the long neck balloons as mentioned in this article.

Qualatex seems to be a larger company with their focus on much higher volume sales. The 24" wasn't a big seller with decorators (who consume a lot more balloons than the fetish community) so they cut the product line. I don't believe they did it to spite the fetish community, I think they just don't care about us.
              Qualatex did indeed stop production of the Q24 due to the line not being cost effective anymore. Rising latex and helium costs at the time were a major contributing factor. I have talked in length with the local distributor I use for the little bit of balloon decorating I do and have confirmed this with her. She has gotten a small shipment the last couple years of "Love/Valentine's Day" prints in the 5ct bags. I usually buy 5 - 10 of these every year.

To comment on the OP, the largest balloons I have seen in public are the occasional 60"/72" cloudbuster. The 36" are a little more common but seeing any helium balloons on display is getting extremely rare in my area.

Comment

• Danniballoon
                • Mar 2018

Originally posted by Balloon_Aficionado
                I believe the owner of Cattex is aware of looners and caters to us with things like the long neck balloons as mentioned in
                The RCR wide neck balloons were designed by a looner, specifically for looners :-)

Comment

Working...
                😀
                😂
                🥰
                😘
                🤢
                😎
                😞
                😡
                👍
                👎