Tuf-Tex (*)
    Qualatex
    Belbal
    Rifco
    Cattex
    Czarmak and Feger
    Sempertex
    Suzuki

* So far, Unique and Tuf-Tex are the only brands from the list that I've tried.

Brands not found on Balloons United that I've tried:

Way to Celebrate (Walmart)
    DG Sports
    some grocery store brand (wasn't too impressed with that one)

Questions I have for those who've experimented with any of the other brands:

1. How soft are they?
    2. How durable are they?
    3. Are they available in general rounded shape?
    4. Do they usually have pronounced drip points?
  • LoonerHoax
    • May 2020

Re: Balloon Brands: Let's Get A List Going

I have used different sizes and shapes from all the brands you have listed. Mainly bought from Balloons United. I tend to do a lot of sitting/riding and usually end up popping the balloons about 30-40% of the time. It depends on my mood and where I am at while playing. I also prefer a firmer balloon.

Unique. Most of my experience with Unique was with their 16" balloons. I used to be able to buy these in 72 count bags from a local shop but they no longer carry them. They would get to rated size and beyond very easily. They would also soften relatively quickly. Color seemed to make a big difference as well. I purchased a couple of the 26" from BU but they didn't inspire much confidence. They never really seemed to firm up even when pushed beyond their rated size.

Tuf-Tex. Honestly one of my favorite balloon brands. Not very good for longevity in storage but always firm and great for riding. Unless they have been oxidized and deflated. They stay squishy until burst. The 17" are a great size. Nice and round, long necks when pushed and easily exceed their rated size. 24" are a lot of fun. Got bigger than the Q24 and are more round. The only 36" of these I have used were ones acquired from car lots so they were oxidized and were super squishy all the way to pop.

Qualatex. Overall very high quality. Defects in the balloons are very rare unless they are older and haven't been stored properly. 5"/11" are fun when I just want something to blow up quick and pop. 16" are a good size for me for sitting and riding. 18" stuffers get big and seem to stay firm. 24" are a great ride and will take even more of a beating when double stuffed. 36" will get very big and never seem to get a neck on them. Even when I have done the neck prep, they only seem to neck when I bounce on them hard. Geo's are great for what they look like they are good for. Especially fun when using one while riding on another balloon.

Belbal. 14" get really long necks but don't seem to hold up to sitting very well. The 24" (B250) is probably my favorite round balloon right now. Gets big but even when it is firm, it still feels soft.

Rifco. The omniloon and pillar are great for laying on. Get very large after multiple inflation's but still stay firm and strong.

Cattex. 32" long necks are kind of a flat round due to being a paddle shape. Necks get huge (duh) and they stay very soft. The giant figurines are all fun in my book. So far I think the elephants are the weakest when it comes to be fully inflated and still being able to get a good ride. Mouse heads are a fun ride as are the ducks. The airships I don't really have enough room to play with, but they all seem to stay pretty soft. Wife complains about the smell.

C&F. Only balloon of theirs that I have purchased is the giant rabbit. My absolute favorite figurine balloon to play with right now. Stays firm and seems like it wants to be inflated well beyond it's rated size. Does not soften up.

Sempertex. 24" blown up to their rated size soften up nicely and are still great to sit on. 36" star print from BU gets big and the ones I have stay soft and are very durable. Blown up beyond their rated size they still stay soft and don't seem to pop very easily.

Suzuki. 18" peacock have the most natural latex smell out of any balloon I have owned. Surgical glove level of latex smell. They have what look like weak spots when inflating but that is just where the outer color layer had an issue with the dip process (these are a double dipped balloon). They get to their rates size easily and stay soft. Push them and they seem to pop a little too easily.

Hope that helps a little bit. I know I didn't quite touch on #3/4 but those are items that I personally don't pay attention to with my balloons.

Comment

• BYGavia
      • Dec 2017

I don’t pay much attention to the drop points either, but I know that I do not see drip points on Qualatex balloons that I own.

Comment

• Tightshine
        • Jun 2013

I can add the Olympic 45". They get huge but stay relatively soft and seem to be durable.
        At least the few I have tried were. --> more testing is needed! The form reminds me of the Belbal 36" just bigger (drip point check) but they smell kinda strange. It is not bad. I would say almost sweet.

Comment

• SweetBouncer
          • Mar 2020

If I can add something, it turns out that Olympic is not a balloon brand, but a type inside a Russian brand. called Веселая Затея or Cheerful Idea.
          This is the web, https://zatey.ru/, but it is in Russian and the currency in rubles.

Comment

• tebe2hu
            • Jan 2017

I'd like to add the Tilco and Tilly (not the same!) that I tried back in 2000, during my first visit to USA. From West to East: next the also great Vesela Zateya (Olympic) and the good-old Bakovka, I blew ad popped tons during my students years in the Soviet Union. Also, worth to mention Melloc that together with Belbal was my regular balloon in Belgium. Finally, the Italian GEMAR. I prefer their bigger ones, the 28" and 36" versions.

Fellas, I have a question. Can someone tell me who is the manufactorer of the Party City's famous 24" balloons? Maybe someone sells in Europe too.

Comment

• BYGavia
              • Dec 2017

Originally posted by tebe2hu
              Fellas, I have a question. Can someone tell me who is the manufactorer of the Party City's famous 24" balloons? Maybe someone sells in Europe too.
              Those are Amscan brand, which, from what I gather, is owned by Party City.

Comment

• t17forLife
                • May 2015

Originally posted by BlueYoshi
                Those are Amscan brand, which, from what I gather, is owned by Party City.
                Allegedly they're manufactured by a company called Everts

Comment

• DJ Looner
                  • Apr 2020

BubbleXL.com has a great selection of large balloons and they make one of the best for climb in balloons with an extra wide neck and thicker latex.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  😂
                  🥰
                  😘
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😞
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎