Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Alan
    • Dec 2014

Balloons in Martial Arts

At our Tae Kwondo club the members are university students and I love it when big round tight balloons are used as targets for kicks. The bang is so loud due to the big training hall. The balloons we use seem like Sempertex crystal round 30 or 36” (I’m guessing the size). It’s fun to watch the female members pop them with kicks. Especially the innocent looking study hard ones who surprise you by taking their aggression out on the poor balloons.
    There’s a great Korean Tae Kwondo artist on Instagram who is scarily good with kicks and she always demonstrates on balloons!!
  • niklooner
    • May 2018

Re: Balloons in Martial Arts

Wow that's amazing! Who is this artist?
    I love to see balloons bursted with kicks!

Comment

• Loonatic
      Balloons + Feet
      • Apr 2016

Haha nice to find other people who like martial arts and loons, never heard of a school actually using them though!

I also train TKD(ITF), I've seen that trend on tiktok and have wanted to try it but haven't found a spot to try �� looks super fun though!

Comment

• lucid
        • Sep 2016

That's super awesome! I've practiced Shaolin Kung Fu for about 7 years and went on to get involved with Muay Thai and American style boxing. Unfortunately none of the schools I went 2 used balloons but one of my favorite things to do is be made to hold one of my balloons close to my chest and have my GF try to pop them with punches, flips or slaps and be made to kneel down if that doesn't work and then she starts kicking it until it pops. They can take waaaay more abuse in this way than you'd think. The more into it she gets and harder she's trying, the hotter it is lol. It's amazing!

Comment

• BalloonFun
          • Apr 2022

Lately, I have seen quite a few really awesome videos on YouTube, as well as a couple of things on TV, where a person (almost always a lady) stands in front of a pole with balloons attached to it in a vertical line. She would high kick and pop every single balloon in succession -- usually starts about waist level and goes up way high! Every balloon gets busted so quickly - it's so amazing to watch!

Comment

• Alan
            • Dec 2014

My bad.. loons are not used for every practice, but occasionally.. this is to tighten the flex and aim of the kick rather than blindly having no aim.. it’s to help mainly white belts get an idea of coordination. Otherwise you’re right: that would be expensive, but our master is Asian so that’s maybe where they are purchased?? They may be a Chinese brand, but Sempertex was how they seemed to me. They’re maybe a bit weaker lol.
            The artist is “bangitsjiang” on Instagram �� she is amazing!! And her technique is so inspiring

Comment

• Loonatic
              Balloons + Feet
              • Apr 2016

Originally posted by Alan
              My bad.. loons are not used for every practice, but occasionally.. this is to tighten the flex and aim of the kick rather than blindly having no aim.. it’s to help mainly white belts get an idea of coordination. Otherwise you’re right: that would be expensive, but our master is Asian so that’s maybe where they are purchased?? They may be a Chinese brand, but Sempertex was how they seemed to me. They’re maybe a bit weaker lol.
              The artist is “bangitsjiang” on Instagram �� she is amazing!! And her technique is so inspiring
              makes for good control practice for sure! Her videos are even more impressive when you know what's going on —*not only does she have to have enough power to actually pop the balloon but enough control to stop her kick before making contact with the wall it's attached it to otherwise that's a world of hurt lol.

Thanks for sharing her page, I couldn't remember her name on TT

Comment

Working...
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢
              😎
              😞
              😡
              👍