Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Helium Lover
    • Aug 2017

Softest/Thinnest balloon

Does anyone know which 12in balloons are the softest? I got some from an event that had custom prints on and they were very thin balloons that also became very soft after 2 inflation and few to like an 18in. They definitely was a cheaper quality balloon and I think that’s what made it so soft.
  • Meililoon
    aka lyckr
    • Sep 2014

Re: Softest/Thinnest balloon

You'll most likely find that cheap balloons are thinner more often. I can't give you any brand names though.
    Out of the more traditional looner brands, I would have to guess 11" Tuf-Tex. I don't have much experience with this size, but if their larger sizes are anything to go by, they should get nice and soft after the first inflation. You might also have some luck with 12" Unique.

Comment

• lincy
      • Apr 2019

I think there is no 12in balloons are the softest
      Helium Tank

Comment

• stormbubble
        • Nov 2017

Yes, get the cheapest balloon you can find and usually really soft. Like generic name brand or a brand you have never heard of.

Comment

• wildheart
          • Apr 2015

Unique 12” are pretty soft. Unless you overinflate them.
          How big will it go? Only one way to find out...
          My website: loonerstories.weebly.com

Comment

• softsquishyballoon
            • Feb 2020

Yeah, it sounds like those of us who like soft balloons are sort of in the minority. I think many find soft to be an undesirable quality, as it's generally a sign that the balloon has started to oxidize. I was a bit surprised to find that out.

Although, you could maybe purchase a big balloon and underinflate it. You might have to wait two weeks to do even that, though. Unless you like super squishy and barely inflated.
            Last edited by softsquishyballoon; 08-03-2020, 22:26. Reason: addition

Comment

• 7balloon
              • Dec 2018

Okay, so age affects the natural properties of latex, the tree sap we all worship.

So Age is your thing. I have balloons that are 23 years old. Rescued from a college sorority party. They are so soft, only one of three inflates to anything you can use.

But That third one is a trip. The softest thing you've ever felt. My favorites right now are the 12 year old guy ones. 14" beyond soft and thin. Just like wine. If you get a stash of really good balloons, age them. Store them in a ziplock for a few years.

totally worth it.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢
              😎
              😞
              😡
              👍