Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ShredFox
    • Mar 2019

Re: there seems to be a balloon shortage

That's a great and informative post by BusterBill!

So there you have it, it's not just us poppers that cause a latex shortage. :P

Comment

• Qbubbleballoon (:
      • Apr 2021

Thank you for the information BusterBill! Most...informative, lol!
      Very much appreciated as it has become quite difficult securing particular balloons. I made an effort to stock up on my most beloved balloons; mainly tt17s and tt24s but it was difficult finding a vendor that still had them in stock but my perseverance paid off. What I find most disheartening is the number of balloons discontinued by qualatex! It was a mad rush for me to get as many of these discontinued balloons before all the stock was depleted. And man is my wallet hurting, but well worth it. Basically I was shocked to find out that the geo blossom and geo donut will no longer be produced. I had no idea! As well as every latex heart from 12 inch to 36! The 36 inch qualatex heart was one of my absolute favorite balloon! It necked out beautifully like the old q24 but with the bonus of the two big humps. It's featured at the end of the episode, " How its made: balloons " which shows just how big the q36 heart can truly swell! Super durable to play with. (Sorry I don't know how to post a link ) I bought 50 last week knowing it'll the last time, I could cry but definitely the best 200 bucks I ever spent. I will use them very sparingly, most def! I also bought 4 of the 25 packs of crystal sapphire blue geo donuts which should last me for years if I'm careful. Get 'em while you can!

Comment

• zhilman
        • Dec 2018

Originally posted by Qbubbleballoon (:
        Thank you for the information BusterBill! Most...informative, lol!
        Very much appreciated as it has become quite difficult securing particular balloons. I made an effort to stock up on my most beloved balloons; mainly tt17s and tt24s but it was difficult finding a vendor that still had them in stock but my perseverance paid off. What I find most disheartening is the number of balloons discontinued by qualatex! It was a mad rush for me to get as many of these discontinued balloons before all the stock was depleted. And man is my wallet hurting, but well worth it. Basically I was shocked to find out that the geo blossom and geo donut will no longer be produced. I had no idea! As well as every latex heart from 12 inch to 36! The 36 inch qualatex heart was one of my absolute favorite balloon! It necked out beautifully like the old q24 but with the bonus of the two big humps. It's featured at the end of the episode, " How its made: balloons " which shows just how big the q36 heart can truly swell! Super durable to play with. (Sorry I don't know how to post a link ) I bought 50 last week knowing it'll the last time, I could cry but definitely the best 200 bucks I ever spent. I will use them very sparingly, most def! I also bought 4 of the 25 packs of crystal sapphire blue geo donuts which should last me for years if I'm careful. Get 'em while you can!

Noooooo! I love my geos soo much! Fortunately I have around 18+ piece in my stash. But I’m craving for some crystals but yeah, I’ll never get one maybe huhu. Guess I have to use them sparingly and store them very carefully then. Huhu

Comment

• Nopops4me
          • Jun 2015

It probably stands to reason that if there is going to be a permanent latex shortage (trees not growing) Qualatex and the like are only going to produce the sizes that Decorators, Photoshoot & outlets that supply to the general public (i.e. for kids birthday parties & adult celebrations) would want. The size & type that looners adore will be the ones that cease to be made. After all, geo donuts & blossoms are not going to be very popular with the general public. We all know what the male contributors of the forum buy them for . If that's your thing, then get them now. Balloon Ace don't have any crystal geo's left and only plain ones in white & yellow. They are going fast.
          Perhaps B/A can confirm this, unless they know different and are just waiting for a new supply.

Comment

• LoonerHoax
            • May 2020

Grab up the 36" Qualatex hearts while you can. They have been discontinued.

Comment

• t17forLife
              • May 2015

What I want to know is what the hell is going on with Tuftex? Not only are their products nearly nowhere to be seen (there used to be a ton of eBay and amazon listings, now there are hardly any. Plus nobody seems to have any 17" or 24").

Their website underwent some rebranding - the new site looks more like an indie tech startup than that of a manufacturing company.

Anyone got some information?

Comment

• racinett
                • Aug 2016

ya, tuftex seems to have rebranded for the wedding business. There are balloons available here in canada but not the crystal assorted....only bags of 50 of single colors.

It sounds like they are still about 3 months away from starting up making crystal balloons again. It appears that people like the wedding colors so they are focusing on what sells. Just glad to see they still make the 17"....though would be nice to get the 14" again.

Anyone know a good place to get the 15" paddle mexican balloons? for a good price

Comment

• PBK
                  • Mar 2019

Originally posted by racinett
                  ya, tuftex seems to have rebranded for the wedding business. There are balloons available here in canada but not the crystal assorted....only bags of 50 of single colors.

It sounds like they are still about 3 months away from starting up making crystal balloons again. It appears that people like the wedding colors so they are focusing on what sells. Just glad to see they still make the 17"....though would be nice to get the 14" again.

Anyone know a good place to get the 15" paddle mexican balloons? for a good price
                  Funny, I thought Tuf-Tex had a good thing going specifically catering to the car dealer and promoter business.
                  I hope their quality doesn't suffer.....

Comment

• PBK
                    • Mar 2019

Anybody know if Tuf-Tex still sells their 60" and 72" balloons?

Comment

• seattlelurker
                      • Oct 2017

I agree, there certainly seems to be a shortage of the Tuftex 24's that I love, although I've been mainly chalking it up to the general supply chain shortage. Luckily I've stocked up in the past and am sitting on about 500 balloons, which should last me a while!

I'd say that if there is any upside, it has made me try out new colors, and new vendors. I've been ordering in bulk (like 150-300 at a time) from HICO Distributing, also used Balloonsfast.com and LABalloons.com. HICO is great, and their stock seems to actually be truthfully represented online. As long as you're into buying bags of 25 at a time, highly recommend them.

I am looking forward to my (favorite) crystals hopefully coming back in stock, but still having fun in the meantime!

Comment

• Asclepio
                        • Sep 2018

Yep. The problem is that Tuftex is only focusing on their most popular colors (wedding and desert colors) since the raw materials are not so easy to find since this pandemic, the factory is giving more priority to the top sellers.
                        Probably this should change when the things come back to the normal.
                        Also in terms of quality I have an official distributor from tuftex near my house and I have been using the new colors from the brand the last months, they still feels very strong and safe for overinflation. And the long term life seems to be improved.
                        A looner looking for fun, against violence or people with hightened moral idealism…. I just care about loons, so don’t ruin the fun.

Comment

• seattlelurker
                          • Oct 2017

Agreed, I have been enjoying the new colors. Quality still seems very good overall (although I've found a couple of colors that seem to be more "stiff" or prone to defects), and the newer latex formulation definitely seems to be better for long-term keeping (where Tuftex always suffered before).

I love to overinflate the 24" balloons (usually blowing to pop), and I highly recommend the "Evergreen" and "Willow" colors (along with their standard red). On a second full inflation they'll get very, VERY big, while still getting nice and tight right before they pop. The "Willow" color also is very soft and smooth, and feels great while stretching and getting tighter. I really love to overinflate them.

I do hope that I can get ahold of their crystals again (crystal green and purple used to be major favorites), but I'm certainly not suffering TOO much with the new colors!

Comment

• uberlok
                            • Jan 2020

Anyone know what is happening with globos payaso 16 inch? It is no longer on their 2022 catalog.

Comment

• john1bl
                              • Jan 2014

They are still in the cataloge, BUT there is a note that indicated that there is a min quanity to order.

Comment

• uberlok
                                • Jan 2020

Originally posted by john1bl
                                They are still in the cataloge, BUT there is a note that indicated that there is a min quanity to order.
                                Let's hope they don't end production on it. Unique 16'' is a classic on the looner community. As was the Q24, and we lost that one sadly.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎