How big do you blow up your balloons before it starts to worry you?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zhilman
    • Dec 2018

Re: How big do you blow up your balloons before it starts to worry you?

Originally posted by NEKOCC
    When I blow up a balloon, I will press the balloon's body gently. When I feel the balloon is hard enough, it is the time to stop inflating. Basically just grow up a short neck.
    I like to cuddle them snugly so I prefer a soft but big and necked balloon. It's hard to balance "blow balloons as big as they can" and "make them soft but small"
    I have the same thought too! I just feel the balloon. But I have one weird feeling, by smell I know when to stop blowing. Too much stretched balloons have that characteristic smell for me.

Comment

• balloonPatcher
      • Jun 2020

Originally posted by PBK
      Depends on the balloon. Tuf tex's I can really push and neck out and I'm a non-popper.
      I really hate the bang when a balloon being blown up suddenly pops.
      Punchballs I love to push but they get so unpredictable once the neck starts to grow. Sometimes they can be pushed, sometimes they pop one puff later. Sometimes you can tie them off and they'll pop spontaneously within an hour. It's really random.
      I have that happen to my punch balloons too. I remember the old thick Woolworth punch balls. I would start at forty puffs and over a few days they would stretch to 80 puffs. Anything past 80 there could be a random burst. Sometimes they would leave a large welt on my leg. The closest that I have found to the old punch balls are the black breathbags.I glue the inflation nozzle of another giant balloon onto the breath bag so that I can inflate it.
      The 6 liter breath bags inflate huge to about 34 " . They are very tough and I inflate/deflate them dozens of times before the rubber gets too weak and pops. A latex soccer bladder inflates nicely. I remove the valve and replace it with an inflation nozzle. I get it to about 22".

Comment

• Common Loon
        • Aug 2020

Originally posted by zhilman
        Too much stretched balloons have that characteristic smell for me.
        That's interesting, I've heard others say this before too but I haven't noticed it myself yet. (Maybe I'm not actually blowing mine big enough?)

I wonder if it has something to do with SusieDK's physics description of what's happening in a balloon when it's blown up to that point... the stresses are so great that the polymer chains in the rubber begin snapping at the microscopic level, one by one, giving off a tiny bit of that sulfurous smell.

Comment

• meidolooner
          • Aug 2020

For me, it depends on what kind of balloon I am inflating. I have different trust levels with different brands. I trust Sempertex to not pop the most and Belbal the least.

Sempertex are absolutely amazing for overinflation. I can take a brand new 12" one and blow it until it gets a very long neck without any fear kicking in. I've never had these Sempertex 12" balloons pop actually, not ever. And I used quite a lot of them. The only issue I have with them and Sempertex balloons in general is that they don't have pretty shapes, the neck is just too thin and the bigger balloons aren't even perfectly round.

Belbal 12" are really scary. They are so tight on first inflation I start panicking as soon as the neck starts inflating and stop right there. I think I even leave them a bit underinflated because of that perhaps. People say they get big necks but I've always been too afraid to see for myself. I once had a Belbal pop on me during mouth inflation too before it even started to get a neck.
          I like to work my lungs, huff and puff~~

Comment

• wildheart
            • Apr 2015

Belbal 12 get nice necks. They are very tight but I’ve never had a fresh one pop unexpectedly. If you preinflate the neck, you can get them really big without much risk. Q11’s are by far the tightest though.
            How big will it go? Only one way to find out...
            My website: loonerstories.weebly.com

Comment

• BusterBill
              Founder, Balloon Buddies
              • Nov 2016

Like so many others have said, I like to blow balloons to the max, right up to the point where they get a full, tight neck. Sometimes they burst when I'm trying to get the most out of them, but that's okay. It's startling but not life changing. And it give me an erotic rush.

Comment

• Bubblyzzz
                • Jul 2017

I like inflating slowly, so it's more of a surprise and rush too.

Comment

• Blowitbig
                  • Jan 2016

I usually blow my balloons up to a point of firmness and not much bigger ,although I love big tight balloons im afraid of a balloon busting in my face, but i do enjoy watching someone else blow up a big balloon with a neck
                  The bigger the better

Comment

• Yuldel
                    • Oct 2020

Not much... I prefer inflatables because there is no risk of a loud pop...

Comment

• Seidenki
                      • Dec 2016

I rarely neck my balloons. My favourites are Unique 16s and TufTex 17s. I usually take them to the point where a neck is just about starting. Even though I know they can both got a lot further, that's firm enough for me.

Comment

• Daddy
                        • Sep 2020

I blow them up to approaching max volume, then I let out air, probably 20% of max volume so that they can take all the abuse I intend to give.

Comment

• MattoLooner
                          • Feb 2015

Oh i missed this conversation, so interesting. I blow my balloons up to the point where they're firm enough and i feel comfortable with their size, and let some air out for the eventual humping they're gonna get.

I'd love to be able to a bit more daring with my balloons though, especially i'd like to experience balloons like the longnecks and the GLs inflated at the proper size

Comment

• Blowitbig
                            • Jan 2016

I love tt17 inch balloons, i like to inflate my balloons up to approximately 85 percent so it dosent bust when i get on it
                            The bigger the better

Comment

• temporary123
                              • Sep 2017

With ear plugs I'm not phobic at all, so full neck and bulging body all the time. It doesn't matter what I'm going to do with it, but I don't pop them intentionally.

Without hearing protection it's rated size + small pre-streched neck. I check for defects and stop sooner if the balloon gets tight and shiny.

Comment

• Loon3r
                                • Mar 2020

I always use hearing protection so I'm not as afraid when I blow, I also have only tried Qualatex so far so I always get necks on my balloons.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎