Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • b0f0s0f
    • Nov 2016

Deprived as a child

I was just thinking about something and was curious if anyone else felt the same.

Short backstory, I developed my fetish in the typical way. Extremely phobic from the age of 3 onwards, experienced some unexplainable impulses to be around or handle balloons as I got older (maybe through elementary school or so), and upon hitting puberty I had a full blown (ha!) fetish.
    It wasn't until I was around the age of 16 or 17 that I went and bought some balloons and practiced inflating them and getting more comfortable with handling them.

To cut to the chase, because of the above I vehemently avoided balloons throughout my entire childhood, never really handling a single one until I was in high school. Now I'm in my mid 20s, and I feel like a child when it comes to playing with balloons. I feel like, because I never had the typical experience of playing with them as a young kid, I'm now (as an adult) about where you'd expect a 6 year old to be in terms of liking balloons. This is entirely detached from my fetish, I'm talking just in terms of enjoying blowing up and playing with balloons and finding them interesting. I still don't fully understand the nature of them, I vividly remember being very surprised to find out that a tight balloon feels almost like aluminum foil (I don't know what I expected them to feel like, but it wasn't that), and the pressure vs. strain relationship at various level of inflation is still unfamiliar to me.

Anyone else relate to this?

It's a little embarrassing in particular because I'm someone who is very aware of how I appear to other people (fairly aloof and intimidating) and loving balloons like a 6 year old is in extreme opposition with my self image :P
  • Bubble Boy :-P

Re: Deprived as a child

I can relate in a certain way....
    Whilst I did have a lot of balloons growing up they were mostly mylar/foil & I CRAVED rubber balloons. When I hit my 20s I was FINALLY in a financial situation to where i could by my own balloons to my hearts content, without others knowing I know for sure I completely revert back to my child like state when I get my balloons. To me they are miracles....something that is so small that can grow so big...going from a flaccid, pathetic little thing into something so round & beautiful....so delicate yet strong...so easily destroyed...God, I love it...

Comment

Working...
    😀
    😂
    🥰
    😘
    🤢
    😎
    😞
    😡
    👍
    👎