X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sueco
    • Jan 2018

New years Eve 2018

Hi everyone!
    Anyone here that lives in London or has been in London during new year?
    Wondering if there are any places decorating or giving a way balloons? Restaurants? Balloon-drops?
    Must be suitable for family.
  • Sueco
    • Jan 2018

Re: New years Eve 2018

Originally posted by Sueco
    Hi everyone!
    Anyone here that lives in London or has been in London during new year?
    Wondering if there are any places decorating or giving a way balloons? Restaurants? Balloon-drops?
    Must be suitable for family.
    Nobody knows of anything?! New years eve is upon us!

Comment

• BalloonBoyUK
      Banned
      • Dec 2018

Hi Sueco,

There aren't many places - family-friendly - that offer what you are looking for, I'm afraid.

Most of the major restaurants, do free latex balloons as giveaways for children, but they're cheap rubber balloons, of around 9 to 11 inches in size only, and will be air-filled. One or two may do helium balloons, but the vast majority don't.

In terms of balloon-drops, again, I'm afraid London doesn't do many of these. About the only places that will, will be nightclubs and discos, but you'll need to be over 18 to attend, as 99% of them will be serving alcohol, and so, aren't family-friendly. Plus, tickets are expensive (£20-£50 per person), and they often use cheap-ish balloons, as most will end-up popped at Midnight.

If I'm honest, you'd be better-off buying some balloons for your hotel room/wherever you are staying at over New Year's.

The UK doesn't really do big balloon decorating events, like they do in the USA, I'm afraid. Mostly because it's time-consuming to set-up, too expensive, and offers littlre financial/customer reward to the business that does it.

Sorry that this won't be the news you want to hear.

Comment

• craggy2012
        • Jan 2012

Probably best off arranging your own drop somewhere to be honest. A lot of venues in the UK won’t host them purely over potential liability issues arising from those members of the public attending that are allergic to latex

Comment

• Sueco
          • Jan 2018

Originally posted by BalloonBoyUK
          Hi Sueco,

There aren't many places - family-friendly - that offer what you are looking for, I'm afraid.

Most of the major restaurants, do free latex balloons as giveaways for children, but they're cheap rubber balloons, of around 9 to 11 inches in size only, and will be air-filled. One or two may do helium balloons, but the vast majority don't.

In terms of balloon-drops, again, I'm afraid London doesn't do many of these. About the only places that will, will be nightclubs and discos, but you'll need to be over 18 to attend, as 99% of them will be serving alcohol, and so, aren't family-friendly. Plus, tickets are expensive (£20-£50 per person), and they often use cheap-ish balloons, as most will end-up popped at Midnight.

If I'm honest, you'd be better-off buying some balloons for your hotel room/wherever you are staying at over New Year's.

The UK doesn't really do big balloon decorating events, like they do in the USA, I'm afraid. Mostly because it's time-consuming to set-up, too expensive, and offers littlre financial/customer reward to the business that does it.

Sorry that this won't be the news you want to hear.
          Thanks for your reply! I will be bringing my own balloons to the hotel instead of looking for a place.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍
          👎