Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wildheart
    • Apr 2015

Re: LoonQuest 2 (new game)

Yeah that could be useful. I’ll find or record some more sounds for it too.
    How big will it go? Only one way to find out...
    My website: loonerstories.weebly.com

Comment

• ChillinHaze
      • Sep 2016

What kind of reference materials would you need to add other inflatables? Just pictures, or full fledged ref sheets?

Talking about sounds, I do have some recorded that might be handy.
      Just say the word and I'll dig them out.

Comment

• wildheart
        • Apr 2015

Photos are fine as I’m only doing 2d sprites. I would only need full reference sheets if I was making a 3D model to scale. (I actually did a basic model to trace when making the current inflatables in the game) this game obviously doesn’t support 3D models though. I am thinking about making a 3D render though. Then I could have larger pictures. I could have a “battle” screen with a balloon/inflatable and the characters. Much like I did in my first game.

What sort of sounds did you have recorded? Can do basic stuff myself, although I don’t have a production level mic or anything.

Comment

• ChillinHaze
          • Sep 2016

The sounds I have are longer sequences of riding a toy and one is inflation.

Shouldn't be hard to split them into smaller snippets to make sounds for multiple use.

Comment

• wildheart
            • Apr 2015

Just recorded a bit myself. Quality is fine. I’ll let you know if I need more. Working on a pool scene now. I’ve added equip-able water wings so far.

Comment

• Benga
              • Sep 2015

Are you taking general gameplay suggestions for a Loonquest 3, if there is one?

Comment

• wildheart
                • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Benga
                Are you taking general gameplay suggestions for a Loonquest 3, if there is one?
                Of course. Not sure if I’ll make another anytime soon. I will be adding more content to the latest one though. I want to have lots of stuff to do after completing the main quest.

Comment

• Benga
                  • Sep 2015

My main thought for an alternate take on this game would be setting up character traits at the beginning. You could have, say, 5 character profiles to choose from: lustful popper, slight phobic but curious, extreme phobic, "more interested in Meg sexually than in her balloons," or a generic woman that is midway between all of these. And each character would have certain traits that could be enhanced (or lost, perhaps) over time: A bullying meter, a mischief meter, an empathy meter, a horny meter, a "loud bang tolerance" meter and a fear meter. Maybe the phobics have shoes that can run really fast away from a bang, or maybe ear plugs with a certain amount of noise resistance until or unless they get worn down to being useless. Maybe some characters have the ability to tell the player to turn the volume up one notch on his/her computer, upon completion of a task. Maybe the lustful popper has a certain kind of pump. Or maybe if the mischief meter on a character gets high enough, she is able to "hide" the earplugs of all characters around her, or lock the door to trap victims.

Example: Your character (Kim) is an extreme phobic. She will gain health points the longer she is able to avoid a bang, and lose them when she can't. Her sneakers have 4 uses in them, but can be replenished if she completes a certain quest, though the quest will be dangerously full of balloon traps. Her bullying meter is 20/100, since she doesn't want to bully other NPC's, but if it is the difference between her getting the brunt of a bang and another character in her place, she'll take that option. She does get horny for Meg, but will always encourage Meg to kiss her rather than scare her. Her "bang tolerance" is 15/100, since even quiet balloons popping are frightening, but if she builds up enough tolerance, this number could rise (or if she gets scared enough, it could fall). Kim has the ability to put in ear plugs, though they cost her. She can also ask for more "about-to-pop" warnings during games. she also has a hose in order to blow to pop from across the room when she is too scared.

OR

Your character ("Heather") is a lustful popper. Her meters will rise based upon her blow-to-pop count and her ability to scare others. Her bullying meter starts at 75/100 and can increase if she completes certain side quests. Her empathy meter starts at 20/100, but she'd like to get that down to 0 to be an even more effective sadist. She likes Meg, but only as a partner in crime scaring the phobic. Heather can make balloons exceed their rated size by more puffs, so that the bang is louder and scarier. She is better at lying to scared NPC's about her intentions, with 3 extra "deception crystals" in her purse. If a scared character tries to run, Heather will run after her, gaining points both for re-trapping the character, but also for increasing the trauma of the eventual bang.

Side quests, in this case, would be aimed at enhancing your character, and choosing the right (or wrong) intended line of dialogue could also affect their scores. Will your character just be straight ahead in her lust for the bang, or will she bait-and-switch her way to it, or will she just sit silently while others are doing what she secretly wants? Each strategy could result in a payoff of meter changes and new items and even new exclusive locations. And/or your character could "gamble" some of her stats on those mini-games (like the blindfold "tell me when to stop" game). And if your overall score reaches a certain level by the end of the day (suitable enough avoidance for phobics, or suitable enough sexual stimuli for the "likes Meg more than balloons" character, or suitable enough destruction of others for the bully character), then you get the Certified Bully / Phobic / Well-Adjusted Normal Woman badge at the end. If you don't reach the thresholds, you are sent back to try again.

I don't know about technical capabilities of making any of this work. It is just that when I saw you tell people that three different endings are available (for Chapter 2), but most of the rest of the adventure is locked into the exact same story, it made me wonder if it was better for your character to actually gain or lose points based upon her choices. And whether there is a way to enhance the experience beyond just the same array of balloon-breathing anticipations.
                  Last edited by Benga; 06-05-2019, 18:40.

Comment

• wildheart
                    • Apr 2015

Those are some really great ideas. Unfortunately the engine is quite basic and most of that stuff would be impossible (or incredibly complex with custom plugins and code that’s beyond my capability) a basic version may be possible though. You can have custom stats and have events change based spin them. It’ll take a very long time though. The reason most of the story in my current game follows a linear path, is because it’s very tedious writing out multiple paths the character can follow. I find most choose your own adventure games lack much depth or length because of this. Loonquest 2 took around 40-50 hours and takes around 30-40 minutes to complete. Imagine how much longer it would take if I had lots more paths to write.
                    Thanks for the ideas though. I’ll think about implementing them in future games.

Comment

• Benga
                      • Sep 2015

To get around the "time consuming" issue, this would be my suggestion, if you did want to branch into the idea of different characters each undertaking their separate objectives:

You spend a lot of, say, LQ 2 with the women B2P'ing in different locations, without much variance in any other aspect (other than maybe the loudness of the sound effects). "Let's B2P in a cave, then in a house, then in a park, then in a tent, then in another cave." This probably leads a lot of time-consuming dialogue and sprawling rendering of graphics. Maybe instead your focus would be, say, just 4 main screens, with (say) 12 tasks for whatever character you choose. "Your goal is to avoid as many bangs as possible, or take as little of the brunt of as many of the bangs you do hear as possible." "Your goal is to trap and scare 4 different phobic women or the same phobic woman 3 times." "Your goal is to pop a balloon in all 8 locations before your rival does." So the scope of the game would be "smaller" but more interesting, and there'd be a way to "win" with each character if you undertook the correct steps. And "Kim," who is phobic, might interact with "Heather," who loves scaring other girls, in multiple scenarios, but if you're controlling Kim or if you're controlling Heather, or if you're controlling Diane, who is simply observing Heather and Kim interact, your objective would be different, so the scenario may end differently.

I'd be interested in helping write some of such a game, perhaps.

Comment

• Helium1234
                        • Dec 2016

Any floating or helium content in the game?

Comment

• wildheart
                          • Apr 2015

There’s a bit with helium balloons. The semi popper ending includes a couple of helium tanks.

Comment

• Sirprise
                            • Jan 2018

No updates have occured since you posted version 2 right? Just making sure I didn’t miss anything.

Keep up the great work.

Comment

• wildheart
                              • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Sirprise
                              No updates have occured since you posted version 2 right? Just making sure I didn’t miss anything.

Keep up the great work.
                              Only some minor bug fixes. I have added a few more quests, but they aren’t complete yet. I’ll have to start making more.

Comment

• wildheart
                                • Apr 2015

A little preview of the next update.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍