Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Whale Rider
    • Nov 2022

Re: Overinflated inflatables in public

It's not often you see inflatables being over-inflated in public, anyone else seen any recently?
    nope not seen... germans are boring, the amount of cute inflatables in public is quite low

Comment

• Vicci
      Blown to bits
      • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Whale Rider
      nope not seen... germans are boring, the amount of cute inflatables in public is quite low
      Having just returned from a couple of days in Germany, I noticed there was a distinct lack of inflatables and balloons around - sure there used to be loads a few years ago. The only place I saw balloons was outside a TUI store for their black Friday sale - those were nicely inflated with good necks though.
      Vicci x

Comment

• Inflover89101
        • Mar 2019

As I'm half German, when I was a kid to late teens we had a summer holiday each year with my grandparents, when I was younger and my grandparents were more mobile still (before they both passed) we used to travel about alot, and there was balloons at most shops and restaurants, and inflatables too, a shop displays. We used to go to local swimming pool (outdoor one) and there would be inflatables galore there!
        My uncle had a massive pile of beachballs and Lilo's etc that had been given away (was German brands, Fanta etc).
        I genuinely always wondered if I got my fetish from my German side as a kid, might sound daft but they seemed to be alot more common over there than UK at the time.

Comment

• Whale Rider
          • Nov 2022

Originally posted by Vicci
          Having just returned from a couple of days in Germany, I noticed there was a distinct lack of inflatables and balloons around - sure there used to be loads a few years ago. The only place I saw balloons was outside a TUI store for their black Friday sale - those were nicely inflated with good necks though.
          damn and you came not over to visit I am shocked ^^
          why did you come to this boring country?

Comment

• Whale Rider
            • Nov 2022

Originally posted by Blown2Bits
            Yes, balloons are basically gone from the public in Germany. They are still here, but so rarely that you feel lucky when even seeing the 10" ones.
            Can't say anything about the quantity of inflateables since I never go anywhere where you can use them.
            we have very nice lake and spas ^^ mostly its things like the intex shamu if you actually see one..

Comment

• 7balloon
              One of the First Online
              • Dec 2018

I never realized that Germany was a balloon heaven in the 80's and 90's. It makes sense now that there are a lot of German looners in the 30's. Lots of places to have fun!

Comment

• Whale Rider
                • Nov 2022

Originally posted by Blown2Bits
                True, it feels like Germany got the most looner related shops on the internet despite other several other western countries having a larger population. Jenny Loons, AirFX balloons, Loonerworld, looner.zone, Balloons United, Loon Ranch, Dekoballon.de and probably more that I can't think of right now. Still I never encountered a Looner in real life yet. They seem to be good at hiding.
                well germany has the largest population in europe discounting russia and its pretty central.. opening a shop is rather easy... and in the past there were tons of events with balloons. Especially during the dreaded carnival there were tons of balloon being batted around ... but nowadays rare very rare...

Comment

• Vicci
                  Blown to bits
                  • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Whale Rider
                  why did you come to this boring country?
                  Just fancied wandering around a city I've not been to before, plus, Christmas markets - no-one knows how to grill a sausage like the Germans
                  Vicci x

Comment

• Whale Rider
                    • Nov 2022

I recommend Thüringen (part of east germany) for that sausage stuff, they are quite good at that ^^

Comment

• RLMI
                      • Jul 2021

A few years ago, they had the City Slider in various cities, where a temporary waterslide was set up, and there were literally hundreds of swim rings for everyone to slide with.

A lot of the swim rings were overinflated massively. Some were pumped up by the staff but a lot of the attendees were mouth inflating their new tubes prior to using them as well. I saw some people keep blowing till the tubes were bulging and warped. Some people kept adding air while waiting in the queue too. Some of the rings were transparent, but coloured, and the orally inflated ones were all fogged up from the condensation, as they glistened in the sunlight.

There was a young lady beside me in the queue who blew to pop her swim ring by accident. She kept hugging her swim ring and pressing her chin into it, then she started nibbling on the valve, eventually opening it with her teeth and blowing air into it. I vividly remember that it was a see through yellow tube which was already very full. She kept holding it in her mouth and blowing more air into it, not realising how fat it was becoming. I actually stepped back to avoid the impending explosion, and it fact it burst about ten seconds after. The explosion was quite loud.

They even had a tunnel made up of tubes, pic attached. The other pics are of the 'firmly inflated' pool toys they often have for sale in Malaysia. I wonder if they pop any whilst blowing them up so big.

It is unwise in a COVID world, but some shops still mouth inflate.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by RLMI; 14-12-2022, 23:56.

Comment

• georgebayer_1
                        • Jan 2015

City Slider also has a facebook page with interesting pictures
                        The City Slider. 50,853 likes · 1 talking about this. The most awesome water slide in the world. The City Slider is a 325m temporary water slide event that happens in the heart of the city. Stay tuned!

Comment

• pohli1
                          • Aug 2019

Some years ago, I was (here in germany...) at a lake with my little inflatable boat. I was paddling around and saw a wonderfull little boat at the shore of the lake. It was yellow. I think it was an old Sevylor. On the normal inflated inner chamber a young woman was sitting. On the other side was her little brother I think. Both were rocking on the boat. The woman said to her friend (?) to pump up the outer chamber. So he did. I was on the lake and didn't believe what I saw. He pumped the little one harder and harder. She said: "more. Come on, you can do more. Don't stop." The little boy was laughing and rocking harder and harder. The boat was bending under the pressure. Suddenly it gave a little boaf and both chambers were one now. The little boy stand up and began to cry. "You broke my boat" he said. But the woman was rocking even more. And the young man was pumping more and more. The little boy was crying louder and louder. Suddenly it gave loud bang and the boat was destroyed.
                          Maybee they had to discipline the little boy in any way. But the cry of the boy took my heart. On the one side I was happy to see someone popping a boat. On the other side I was unhappy seeing this crying little boy...
                          Strange things sometimes happen.

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍