Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stretchedtight
    • Apr 2013

other traits for people that are not afraid of B2P

I've been thinking a lot about why some people (girls in particular) have little to no fear over a blow to pop and for others the fear is crippling. I was also wondering what other traits may be common.
    For example, I know one girl that has no fear of balloons popping and can blow to pop like a champ. She loves horror movies and super scary haunted house. So I think the sudden loud, scary stuff excites her.

What are your thoughts on this or real life observations? Likes shooting guns, or lighting off firecrackers? Roller coasters or maybe skydiving?

I'm also thinking about the natural tendency vs. someone getting used to it after many blow to pops.
  • stretchedtight
    • Apr 2013

Re: other traits for people that are not afraid of B2P

Not getting any replies on this one...
    I will say I've also seen girls that are tough and you would think are fearless and can't blow to pop, so maybe there isn't any correlation.

Comment

• Common Loon
      • Aug 2020

I love these kinds of psychological questions, hehehe

Personally, in addition to the general fondness for jump-scares that you mentioned, I think folks who are unafraid of B2P are often those who are most susceptible to peer pressure and/or enjoy being the center of attention. Probably for them, the first time a balloon ever exploded in their mouth, they were being cheered on by a crowd of friends and onlookers, and that imprinted the experience positively on them...

Whereas for people who are phobic of B2P (like myself)... I have never had a positive experience of blowing up a balloon until it pops. And all the times a balloon exploded unexpectedly in my mouth when I was young, I was alone and terrified. So, very different experiences lead to very different outcomes!

Comment

• stretchedtight
        • Apr 2013

Originally posted by Common Loon
        I love these kinds of psychological questions, hehehe

Personally, in addition to the general fondness for jump-scares that you mentioned, I think folks who are unafraid of B2P are often those who are most susceptible to peer pressure and/or enjoy being the center of attention. Probably for them, the first time a balloon ever exploded in their mouth, they were being cheered on by a crowd of friends and onlookers, and that imprinted the experience positively on them...

Whereas for people who are phobic of B2P (like myself)... I have never had a positive experience of blowing up a balloon until it pops. And all the times a balloon exploded unexpectedly in my mouth when I was young, I was alone and terrified. So, very different experiences lead to very different outcomes!
        I think the center of attention piece is a good observation. I will often see a pretty girl or a model and wonder if they would be afraid or fearless. I'm often surprised with girls I would guess fearless are not and vice versa.

Comment

• LoonerHans
          • Oct 2018

Girls if challenged to do stuff which they are uncomfortable of, tend to clench their fist and do it as they have a tendency to prove that they are not what you think. So if you say a girl "I don't think u can pop it", she will deff b2p it or at least overinflate it dangerously.

Apart from this behaviour, girls most of have an affinity towards popping balloons as they consider it festive and fun. While we guys are normally least bothered with such decorative stuff while being in public as it goes against our masculine behaviour.

I hope u got my point
          NECKING IS AWESOME!

Comment

• LoudPop
            • Sep 2018

This is an interesting question but I have not noticed any particular traits that are common with female poppers. What I have witnessed is more situational rather than a common trait that is assuming they are not scare of balloons popping. I do enjoy the voyeuristic aspect of watching others with balloons. Some people totally ignore balloons and are oblivious to popping and balloon sounds. Others will comment on "pretty" balloons, some people get excited and want to touch/play and pop balloons.

I remember being at a fair with girlfriend and another couple and we were standing near the Dart Balloon Pop game, I was watching this boy throwing darts and not popping the balloon while everyone else was talking. The attendant handed the boy the balloon to pop on his own since he couldn't pop it throwing a dart. Boy's mom told him to set the balloon on the ground and jump on it, so he did and the balloon popped really loud, much louder than the dart pops. The boy was smiling and his mom was laughing. But, no one in my group even acknowledged the balloon had popped loudly. When, I brought it up later with my girlfriend; she didn't remember and couldn't believe I was even thinking back on it.

Comment

• Strel0k
              • Jul 2014

I think one characteristic is that they often have the "too much" gene. They're always doing things more than they should or are supposed to.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢
              😎
              😞
              😡
              👍
              👎