Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Balloon with a Pin
    • Dec 2019

Married and Looning Question

Fellow Looners, wife and I have been married now for many years. Balloons were a part of our relationship from the very beginning. Our first kiss was with her sitting on a huge yellow balloon. We have a very loving relationship but we’ve hit a snag. We have two beautiful children but they’re beginning to grow up. The wife and I are poppers and really can’t figure out how to bring balloons into our night romps without the kids charging into the room wonder what’s going on. We’ve become involuntary non-poppers as a result. For those married what have you done to mitigate this? Thanks!
  • RubberTech
    • Jan 2022

Re: Married and Looning Question

We encouraged our kids to sleep with headphones on playing music.

Comment

• Nopops4me
      • Jun 2015

Send the kids to the Grandparents for the weekend and holidays.

Comment

• LoonerHoax
        • May 2020

My living situation requires that my 3 kids sleep in the same room as us. There have been a few pops but thankfully we have trained our kids to sleep through practically everything so there hasn't even been a flinch. Unfortunately my wife isn't into playing with balloons at all. When we were still dating, we had sex on a 36" a couple times and I've had her doggy a couple times after having her lay on a Q24 for a "massage". Even when we were by ourselves in a hotel room filled with over a hundred helium filled Q16's, nothing. It is quite annoying but my wife has some body image issues that I'm sure are contributing to the lack of play. I hold onto hope that someday that when we are in our own place again that she will be willing to play with balloons.

As for dealing with the kids, just wait until they are asleep. Unless they are super light sleepers and you aren't going crazy with popping big, tight balloons, I would think you would be fine

Comment

• loonerlee
          • Dec 2018

Originally posted by Nopops4me
          I'd agree with this solution if it's possible, also it's just respectful to the children.

Comment

• TheBiggertheBetter
            • Dec 2020

I would agree. Maybe stay with non-popping when the kids are around. Then you get some extra special popping sessions together when the kids are away?

Comment

• srob2
              • Dec 2017

Looner or not, you need time alone together away. You could leave the kids with a sitter and take a 144 pack in your car and park somewhere out of sight like teenagers.

Comment

• PMN985
                • Aug 2021

Been in a similar situation, my kids are teens and aldults now, when they were under 5 it was easy close a room off when they were asleep, have music, tv, and a fan on, then when they are older encourage them to go to friends houses, (we pop when they are home too, but I have always had balloons around year round just for fun, and I sculpt and decorate for everything so a pop or two doesn't raise any questions. But for something like a mass pop (outside of party/decorating clean up) or balloon room, you got to send them somewhere.

Comment

• stretchedtight
                  • Apr 2013

Originally posted by Nopops4me
                  This is what we do. or when they have sleep overs at friends. If there is balloon play my wife is pretty conservative. We've had pops and we are frozen looking at each other waiting for a kid to come running down the hall... fortunately it hasn't ever happened.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  😂
                  🥰
                  😘
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😞
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎