Old 18-10-2019, 06:00 PM

bubblesNdragons is on a distinguished road
Default Re: What do you do with old balloons?
For balloons I've taken from parties and such, or otherwise can't untie, I just wait for them to deflate and toss them. For balloons I buy on my own, I've been thinking about turning them into stress balls filled with cornstarch, slime, beads, whatever might work. I haven't gotten around to that yet because so far I accidentally popped them all before I realized they were too old.
Old 19-10-2019, 05:23 PM

PBK is on a distinguished road
Depends. Balloons I've rescued or had given to me that are inflated I wait until they're completely deflated on their own. Helium balloons I wait until they aren't floating anymore
Bigger balloons usually get deflated when we clean the house and if they're heavily oxidized they get thrown in the garbage. If not, they get re-inflated later.
Old balloons from my collection that have aged for too long or haven't aged well get thrown away. Questionable balloons that could likely be inflated but not to overinflation get donated to the nursing home, school, church, boys and girls club, etc.
Some of my older balloons get used on the gun range as reactive targets.
Old 20-10-2019, 10:37 PM

LoonerPlanet is on a distinguished road
One of the challenges of being a non popper is that you end up with lots of old balloons, especially if you buy balloons regularly. So, I toss oxidized balloons (don't like the smell), balloons that smell bad (decaying Tuftex is a good example) and balloons that look pretty beat up from repeated inflations. I also try to keep track of my Tuftex and Uniques, because they age even with careful storage. And, to keep numbers under control and make way for new ones, I sometimes toss balloons that I know that I'll probably never inflate. Right now, I have almost 600 balloons safely stored, which is down from nearly 900. LOL.
Old 25-10-2019, 05:39 PM

Eastlooner is on a distinguished road
It all depends. Me and my wife are heavy poppers. When you think about uninflated old ones- all the sticky loons just went to the bio-garbage. Some of them- less sticky were donated to the primary school nearby- just anonymously. Some stiff ones were baked to become soft and then masspopped, even when inflated with helium. I did it int the spring.
When you think about inflated ones- not popped figurines and bigger than 24 have their second (and last one) life during reinflation and getting a knot. Lesser than 24 do not become older than 1 week, so there is no problem with them
Old 26-10-2019, 03:43 PM

Loon119 is on a distinguished road
If its really special its kept until it goes down. If they are rescued from some party or other I'll stuff them in my pants and get the wife to nail or foot pop them