Old 07-05-2019, 12:03 AM

PBK is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 20 inch unique balloons
I was born in the early 80's.
I remember our small town drug store used to sell these bags of the "1/4 Pound" assorted balloons. Most of the balloons were small 9-11" but every bag had a huge round balloon that grew to be 20" or so. I'd use my allowance and earned money to buy all the bags of them just for the 1 big balloon in each bag. When I was a kid that was literally the only way to get big balloons in my parts (other than the punchballs the variety and grocery stores occasionally stocked).
Old 07-05-2019, 11:55 AM

DeppLooner is on a distinguished road
Actually, unique has not any 20” model, years ago I remember a 18” size that they produced for short time (from 2006 to 2009) now Unique factory only produces 9”, 12”, 14”, 16”, 24”, 26” and 36” balloons. I know a lot a about them because the main factory is in my city, so the most of the balloons i can find in my local stores are from unique brand, and talking about unique 24” models, they easily can be inflated to 27” on the first inflation, the neck is not so easy to inflate if you didn’t work it, but it is not that hard, i would say the neck is pretty equal to tuftex 24” neck, same size but harder to inflate. The white and yellow colors are the best to overinflate, I have some that reached the 33” on second inflation, and usually the pop isnt very loud, i would say is the same pop you get from the 16” models. The balloon stays very soft even when you are into danger zone, usually the balloon will pop pretty soon if it is getting hard
Old 09-05-2019, 12:52 AM

kosmos is on a distinguished road
I'll be glad to add some info here, my apologies for spelling I'm not very good typing on a mobile phone keyboard.

Unique (is the second largest party distributor behind Amscan),their balloons were Made in Mexico by Globos Payaso ,I still remember when i was a kid the large floral shops that had an entire wall of balloons from
Unique brand in several sizes 5',7',9',12',16',24 and 36 and dozen different colors and (metallic or pearl as well) larger ones were available, but discontinued before 2006. Slowly Unique started farming out most of its balloon sourcing to China Unique used to also make other sizes but i guess the market wasn't there for those?.

How did you know which ones were Mexican made or Chinese, the packages in 12, 72 and 144 count were Mexican made and had soft plastic packaging.
Odd number packaging were Chinese made ones in the cheap cellophane type plastic. The 36's were still made in Mexico, eventually all balloon manufacturing, till today is Made In China if you turn a pack over it says Made in China, and they no longer carry 36's.

Now if you do live in the USA and you are nearby the discount store Dollar General you are in luck they have what were U24's (Mexican made 24 inch) they cost 1.85 per one sometimes cheaper, and they do have some 12's. They are really soft and are U24's.

Amscan is currently the largest party corporation in the world, and they own Party City in the united states, hence why Amscan balloons are sold in the Party City stores. The 24 inch Amscan was made in mexico but i believe it was another company.

Amscan used to purchased balloons just like Unique in Mexico, however lately they have shifted production over to, the company Everts in Malaysia.

Last edited by kosmos; 09-05-2019 at 01:10 AM.
Old 09-05-2019, 12:16 PM

Actually today, the only way to find what country made the unique balloons is by the distributors, if it says “Unique” on the package the chances of getting chinese uniques balloons are higher, but if on the package it says “Globos Payaso” you can be almost sure that they are mexican balloons, anyway I find the quality of both countries almost the same, Mexico does it better with Pastel colors and China does it better with clear colors, but i would say the quality is the same.
Greetings from Guadalajara, Mexico, the home of “Globos Payaso” factory
Old 09-05-2019, 06:15 PM

poppinbags is on a distinguished road
Interesting reading on the history and current affairs of Unique balloons!
Anyway, I must find some of those 24" Uniques. Is there a place where you can buy them in Europe?
Old 11-05-2019, 10:29 PM

Cho is on a distinguished road
https://www.balloons-united.com/en/b.../unique24.html

Balloons United sell them and deliver them to Europe very discretly.
Old 12-05-2019, 06:31 AM

palloncino90 is on a distinguished road
Wow those Unique 24" look so sexy, I must have some
Old 15-05-2019, 05:12 PM

You won’t be disappointed, I’m sure they can be a very nice loon for poppers and non poppers
Old 18-05-2019, 04:20 PM

palloncino90 is on a distinguished road
Especially the white one is very beautiful <3
Old 18-05-2019, 07:16 PM
Balloon fun

balloons is on a distinguished road
Just got my 24 inch unique, more like 40 inches. I blew to pop three already. took a shot of this sexy yellow. it spontaneously pop while trying to take a 4th picture lol