Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • b loony
    • Oct 2018

Strange pump to pop. Btp

OK a strange thread. Anyone else ever tie them selves up naked.put a big loon on a pump on a timer so you lie they're and don't know when it will go off and can't get away from it. It just blows up until it explodes. Bit of Russian balloon roulette.
    Attached Files
  • Sarah

Re: Strange pump to pop. Btp

Does the neck not just fly off the pump? I would try that but i love a balloon to be blown up slowly. Nice thought though x

Comment

• BusterBill
      Founder, Balloon Buddies
      • Nov 2016

Originally posted by Sarah
      Does the neck not just fly off the pump? I would try that but i love a balloon to be blown up slowly. Nice thought though x
      -
      I have a looner friend who uses a heavy duty aquarium air pump (similar to this one) that slowly but surely inflates any size balloon to bursting. He made fittings for the pump's aquarium size tubing to upscale it to standard hardware store sized vinyl tubing to which he affixes the balloon with tape. Then he hangs the balloon somewhere in his bedroom and turns the pump on. The rate of inflation is almost indiscernable. Depending on how he sets the airflow on the pump, it can take well over an hour to inflate a Q16 to bursting. The amazing part of the experience is to occasionally look up from conversation or playing cards to see this enormous balloon that has appeared as if from nowhere over the course of time. Another side effect of the slow inflation is that the balloons definitely get much, much larger than with any other form of inflation. Having seen it in person I find the experience unforgettable and truly amazing. And the burst at the end is really LOUD and results in a shower of miniscule latex confetti shards. It's actually worth all the trouble.
      -

Comment

• Sarah

Mmmmmm. I like thatx

Comment

• b loony
          • Oct 2018

A piece of thick plastic tubing wedged onto the pump with a balloon valve stops it from shooting off. Making sure tube is through underwear so loon blows up next to Wang towards head making it bit more exciting.

Comment

• BigBang123
            • Aug 2015

Originally posted by b loony
            OK a strange thread. Anyone else ever tie them selves up naked.put a big loon on a pump on a timer so you lie they're and don't know when it will go off and can't get away from it. It just blows up until it explodes. Bit of Russian balloon roulette.
            Sounds like a fun idea and it would probably help get over a fear of popping if you do it often. Also just curious where you got those balloons in your pic (the room looks amazing fun btw)

Comment

• Seidenki
              • Dec 2016

I kind of like this idea. I've got a small aquarium pump somewhere I bought for this sort of thing. Takes hours to blow a Q36, though. And it's so small that I'm not sure it would be able to pop one!

I have a little doodad I made with two check valves that fits onto an anaesthesia mask for blowing up a balloon. Every breath blows it bigger. Every breath! You can only stop it by holding your breath!

Comment

• b loony
                • Oct 2018

Like that as an idea. Can't stop it blowing up except if hold your breath. Would be cool if you couldn't see it so you don't know how bit its getting.

Comment

• wildheart
                  • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Seidenki
                  I kind of like this idea. I've got a small aquarium pump somewhere I bought for this sort of thing. Takes hours to blow a Q36, though. And it's so small that I'm not sure it would be able to pop one!

I have a little doodad I made with two check valves that fits onto an anaesthesia mask for blowing up a balloon. Every breath blows it bigger. Every breath! You can only stop it by holding your breath!
                  I’m thinking about doing this with a respirator. It’ll be strapped to my head and I won’t be able to stop blowing. If I wanted to take it off, I would first have to take off my ear defenders and the balloon would probably be so tight it could pop at any moment. Could also do it with a balloon taped to a snorkel. It would be completely hands free too.
                  How big will it go? Only one way to find out...
                  My website: loonerstories.weebly.com

Comment

• Seidenki
                    • Dec 2016

Like that as an idea. Can't stop it blowing up except if hold your breath. Would be cool if you couldn't see it so you don't know how bit its getting.
                    I've got an inflatable hood that I can make it fit on the mouthpiece. Can't see what's going on! :-)

Comment

• justasimpleusername
                      Semi-popper
                      • Jul 2018

It's my dream to do it
                      I just get very scared when I try it, I take the loon off the pump before it pops
                      Buuut one day for sure it's gonna pop
                      I just need to tie myself thighter xD

Comment

• b loony
                        • Oct 2018

You'll get they're. Maybe bit of courage lubrication with few drinks first then will be popping silly.

Comment

• wildheart
                          • Apr 2015

So I’ve just made this. It’s going to be very hard to stop blowing. The balloon will be taped on and it’s difficult to get the mask off with the valve in my mouth. I’m hoping it’ll force me to do a blow to pop. It also gives protection against the balloon hitting my face when it pops (not that this happens often) I’m going to try tomorrow, I’ll let you know how it goes.
                          Attached Files
                          How big will it go? Only one way to find out...
                          My website: loonerstories.weebly.com

Comment

• Seasider
                            • Jan 2016

I just saw that picture on twitter! Once you start you can’t stop!!

Comment

• PomeranianLooner
                              • Feb 2016

Originally posted by wildheart
                              So I’ve just made this. It’s going to be very hard to stop blowing. The balloon will be taped on and it’s difficult to get the mask off with the valve in my mouth. I’m hoping it’ll force me to do a blow to pop. It also gives protection against the balloon hitting my face when it pops (not that this happens often) I’m going to try tomorrow, I’ll let you know how it goes.
                              Great idea. Would you share details on how you modified that respirator?

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎