Old 11-02-2021, 02:33 PM

Boom&Bust is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Anyone else feel embarrassed about the neighbours hearing the noise
That does make sense about the pop being as loud as the room it's in.

A while back I read what wildheart said about it only having to go through the floor for me, and for the neighbours it has to go through a brick wall.

So I thought, okay, let's do a pop test with a latex glove. First I'll pop it in the attic bedroom with me in the room below (only has to go through floor), and then I'll pop one in another room and I'll stand in the room next to it (only has to go through brick wall), and see how it compares.

When the noise had to go through the brick wall it wasn't as loud as how it sounded when it went through the floor. In fact it didn't really sound that loud at all.

So, now, as long as it's not late at night, I do feel comfortable with having a latex glove popping session in the attic bedroom which is great. Balloons still seem too loud though, but I think I would probably feel okay with just popping one big one at the end of a latex glove popping session.
Old 11-02-2021, 04:35 PM

wildheart is on a distinguished road
Are the walls in your house actually brick? Often the outer walls are brick and the interior walls are plasterboard which isn’t as good for sound proofing.
Old 11-02-2021, 05:53 PM

Boom&Bust is on a distinguished road
I know that at least the wall between my attic bedroom and the neighbours attic bedroom is brick. And some of the walls separating the rooms in the house seem to be brick as well, as they're really solid, they don't have a hollow sound when you knock on them like plasterboard.

The other walls separating the houses I'm guessing are probably brick? Or stone? The outside walls of the house are stone, but I think there might be a brick wall behind that as well.

Whatever the case, it is quite easy to hear the neighbours when they cough or sneeze loud enough.