Was there a single thing or point in your life that switched you onto balloons?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PBK
    • Mar 2019

Re: Was there a single thing or point in your life that switched you onto balloons?

Not sure exactly. When I was in the 2nd grade 2 movies that really hooked me were of course "The Red Balloon" but also a scene from near the end of Mordecai Richler's 1978 film Jacob Two Two Meets The Hooded Fang where a giant red balloon gets blown up and popped.
    I can pinpoint my aversion to popping, however. When I was 6 or 7 I was at a friend's birthday party and right at the end of the party there was a very large green balloon taped to the wall that I'd been eyeing the whole party that, miraculously, got left alone and didn't meet the same fate as most of the other balloons at the hand (and feet!) of cruel 6 and 7 year olds. I pulled the balloon off the wall with the intent of taking it home with me and I noticed that the tape had stuck to the side of the balloon. I went to peel the tape off and BOOOM! the balloon burst and scared the crap out of me. I was phobic of popping balloons since.

Comment

• lucid
      • Sep 2016

Re: Was there a single thing or point in your life that switched you onto balloons?

Oh I can pretty much pinpoint the exact day it happened for me.
      I was in 5th grade and this particular day was somebody's bday in the school I went 2. Every kid in the birthday boys class got a giant crystal helium balloon with a happy birthday print. I dont know if the balloons just seem big looking back on it because I was a little kid or if they really were but in any case they were about the equivalent of a hugely over inflated tt17. Now I wasn't in this kids class but 8 or 9 kids who were in that class rode my bus. It was near the end of the school year and was an uncomfortably hot day, the bus was like an oven on wheels! I can remember the heat intensifying the scent of the balloons and it made the entire bus smell like one big hot latex factory. I dont think I had a fetish at that time per se, but I definitely was into balloons more than average you could say. I remember finally working up the courage to ask the boy next to me if I could have his crystal blue balloon but was denied. At some point somebody had let their balloon float up to the ceiling of the bus and when it made contact with the hot metal it popped and the explosion was absolutely deafining. There was a blonde haired girl named michelle riding the bus from a neighboring middle school. She was one of the popular kids at that school, at least that's what we were told.
      I remember overhearing Michelle asking if she could have the crystal red balloon of a girl that was sitting in the seat directly behind her. She was also denied and she turned around and sat back down. Thats what I thought to be the end of it. But just a few minutes later Michelle stood back up and turned around again asking, "can I please have your balloon"? When told no again Michelle replied " I could just pop it then". The comment was met with silence and disbelief. About 10 more seconds went by as they stared at each other and without further warning Michelle clawed and grabbed violently at the red balloon and there was a series of extremely strained and loud squeaks just before a thunderous kaboom, which was met by laughter of the entire bus.
      I had no idea a balloon could even be popped that way at the time . Michelle apparently enjoyed being the center of attention and enjoyed getting laughs at other people's expense. And balloons. She would then make her way silently up and down the aisle like an apex balloon predator. I can still remember the shit eating grin she had on her face as she would grab another balloon without warning and another kablam and more cheering and laughter. Two boys willingly handed their balloons over to her to be popped. I was dying inside at having witnessed that lol. I wanted one of them soooo badly. On top of that either a hot seat or the hot ceiling would claim another one. Eventually the boy i had originally asked about getting his balloon decided to give it to me after all. I think only because he didn't want to be the next victim of michelles antics. I remember holding the blue balloon down low and close out of her sight and several minutes went by and here she came down the aisle. She stands over my seat and as I look up at her holding my balloon she says " were you gonna take that bawoon home and pway with it"? Everybody thinks its hilarious. The next words out of her mouth were "ill show you how to play with it" and she grabs hold of it like an eagle grabs a trout and as she was trying to pull it from my hands, she made a slight twist and I heard my balloon squeak violently and BOOM! But I didn't hear it or any laughter. It was like a flashbang from call of duty lol. I could see or hear nothing. When I regained my senses I look down in my lap and see what was left of my giant crystal blue balloon. A shriveled piece of latex tied to a ribbon. Right before Michelle's stop she approaches a girl who had a crystal pink balloon. She predictably laid hold on the massively over inflated balloon and was trying with all her might to pop it but ended up wrenching it from the girls hands. Or the girl willingly let go rather than have her balloon popped, im not sure which. But rather than pop that one Michelle took it off the bus with her. By the time all was said and done only two balloons survived out of the 8 or 9. Three including the one Michelle took from the other girl. Little does she know, she literally wired my brain to be the way it is now. As an adult, I love mean girls to pop my balloons nonconsentually. Crazy the effect our actions can have on others. But all in all, I consider it a gift, as traumatic as it was at the time, so thanks BIIIITCH!!! 😆

Comment

• frankfrank
        Empathetic Harmonizer
        • Feb 2018

Originally posted by SusieDK
        That I have developed a great pleasure from blowing up balloons until they pop is quite a paradox
        Certainly seems to be a VERY common paradox - so common that I think a majority of looners share such an experience sometime in their earlier lives which eventually pur the fetish into maturity.

I have a friend out east (and there's some I've seen on this site as well) who still became looners, but didn't assimilate the initial fright of a popping balloon and emerged later with the NON-POPPER form of the fetish. Not sure if my eastern friend is on here, though I've directed him here.

You know...you can lead a horse to water, but...

Originally posted by t17forLife
        First b2p was actually with an 11" that I stole from church
        Oh, you're gonna go STRAIGHT TO HELL, lol!!! :-)

Actually, the only thing that I've ever shoplifted in my lifetime was a balloon from the "five and dime" but can't remember if it was Woolworth's or Kresge's, both of which are VERY long-gone for decades now...the closest analogue to this erstwhile type of small department store are the dollar stores.

Originally posted by AJK64
        As I got older I found that seeing other guys playing with balloons really fascinated me.

I had a best friend I met aged around 12 or so who I slowly realized I found a attractive.

We had before this time been very touchy feely friends...always hugging and we shared a bed at sleepovers. While we were bursting the balloons things got pretty physical and we ended up kissing.
        OH MY...your story was short but...egad...SO HOT!!!! Even hotter if you guys did lots of cuddling which is so very cool. Are you still in touch with your wonderful friend?
        People who don't know the difference between BURRO and BURROW, can't tell their ass from a hole in the ground.

There's been a lot of thefts of helium-filled balloons recently. More so than in the past, so they're going up. I think inflation is to blame.

"Some people without brains do an awful lot of talking." - The Scarecrow, WIZARD OF OZ, 1939

Comment

• frankfrank
          Empathetic Harmonizer
          • Feb 2018

Oh, I forgot my OWN story. I was either still 12 or I had turned 13 - this was in 1960. (All I know is that it was sometime between 26 May and 30 September that year.)

26 May was when I was first admitted to a psychiatric hospital in Michigan, for 54 weeks, because of my Asperger's. My case was moderate...but AUTISM was, in those days, an extremely "new" thing that didn't even have a name yet (and Asperger's as a subset of the autism spectrum would not be recognized until DECADES later).

A couple years ago I saw a Canadian medical dictionary from 1953 at a friend's house, and I looked up "autism" and it wasn't even in the dictionary. The dictionary did include mental conditions, because I saw terms like shell shock (a precursor which came to be labeled as PTSD), schizophrenia, nervous breakdown, Oedipus Complex, etc. So apparently autism didn't even have a name, yet, even that recently.

I got my paperwork from the institution a few years ago, and nowhere in it did the word "autism" appear.

I have to say that the hospital experience was VERY much a positive thing in my life! (I know at least 10 or 11 people who were in such a place, and I'm only one of two who says anything at all positive about the experience.) It certainly helped a lot that it was a TEACHING HOSPITAL, therefore the staff was up-to-snuff with the latest psychology research. The staff were kind. I don't remember seeing any brutality from them. I don't think that I was even denied any meal. The only brutality came from three different bullies, not at all bad for a population of at least 150 patients on four floors, and even from them I avoided anything really bad, a little bit of bloody nose ONCE and that was it. The staff would scold the bully pretty quickly if they were caught, and perhaps they were sent to the QR [Quiet Room].

That was the worst punishment I ever had, I think twice for an hour at a time. The QR is a very barren room like a small jail cell; I can't remember if it had a toilet and/or sink. Its purpose is indeed for somebody to "quiet down". It worked. Again, no brutality from staff, ever. I also had no major problem dealing with being there, because I KNEW that the time-out would eventually end, and I quickly figured out the concept of a "time-out" because I found myself calming down pretty quickly. I had already asked one or two of the kids, who had been sent to the QR, what it was like, and how long they were there, so I kind of knew what to expect already. I feel bad for anybody who had claustrophobia, because the QR was pretty darn small with only a barren metal cot to sit on.

Anyway, the latter date (30 Sept. 1960) I remember playing with a beach ball at home so "hard" that I destroyed it with a leaking seam that got larger and larger. (I went home on weekends, and was at the hospital the other five days.)

Back in those days, beach balls were SHIT, same with other vinyl/PVC toys! It was a really big deal if I could sit on anything without it popping or leaking, let alone actually RIDE it! I'm not even sure if PVC inner tubes even existed yet, because what I remember seeing was people using real inner tubes back then. If such toys existed, THOSE would have obviously been intended to take some weight. I didn't even weigh 100 pounds yet. In contrast, today's toys can take HELLA abuse, and still survive: heaviest, in here, has proven this time-and-again, and he's even had as much as half a ton on a toy before which still survived. What a far cry from the old days!

So, during that four months in 1960, at some point, three of us kids were playing a "hide this!" kind of game. When it was somebody's turn, the two roommates (who were living in the room we were playing this game in...including one of the bullies) would leave for a minute, then they'd come back and have five minutes to find the hidden object. Some of the beds needed to be made-up a few times, lol - many of the items would fit under the mattress. It was my turn to hide something, and they gave me a five-inch (I think) balloon. I decided to hide it in my pants, because it would NEVER be found there!

One of the two kids found it within five minutes, and one of them popped it in front of me, probably the bully. I mean that's a LOOOOONG time ago. But, before they came back in the room, I was entirely overcome by the surprise of HOW WONDERFUL THE BALLOON FELT next to my penis! Oh man...I didn't kum at the time because I was afraid to and they'd see some wetness! But, my fetish was instantaneously born right then and there, BEFORE the balloon was popped. I really seriously needed to get more balloons somehow, but I soon realized that the beach ball at home would make-do for what I wanted to do, and that was the first time I ever kame on an inflatable or balloon...BEFORE 30 September because, when it would no longer hold air, it was not the first time I'd frolicked with it. The hide-the-balloon this almost HAS to have been in September, because it was also after the time when I had gone through puberty earlier while in the hospital, and I can't imagine that both of these things (puberty had to happen first) would have been accomplished earlier than September.

So, as far as I'm AWARE, my fetish didn't really incorporate the popping element, nor the fear of it, because it had already SLAMMED into my brain a couple minutes earlier, and it has not changed at all since Minute One, other than some modifications once it actually became possible to ride stuff without popping. I'm a strict non-popper...BUT if something does pop, my reaction is only "Oh well." and I just grab the next thing, and the pop is absolutely neutral to me in how I interact, other than temporarily killing part of my arousal (which returns very quickly if I have another balloon or inflatable handy).
          Last edited by frankfrank; 25-02-2021, 01:59.
          People who don't know the difference between BURRO and BURROW, can't tell their ass from a hole in the ground.

There's been a lot of thefts of helium-filled balloons recently. More so than in the past, so they're going up. I think inflation is to blame.

"Some people without brains do an awful lot of talking." - The Scarecrow, WIZARD OF OZ, 1939

Comment

• BusterBill
            Founder, Balloon Buddies
            • Nov 2016

Originally posted by JCB
            I wondered what members experiences were. When about 13 saw a woman blowing up a big balloon in a store & was captivated by the balloon & felt attracted to them ever since
            I was very attracted to balloons from the age of 4 or 5 years old until that attraction morphed into a full-blown sexual fetish when I reached puberty. Many years before puberty, balloons held an intense magical soothing power for me. I liked having them around, and sometimes as a young boy I would hug them for comfort and to calm me when I was injured or feeling sad. When I discovered the sexual aspect it just seemed like a natural outgrowth of the attachment that I had already felt all of my life.

I always suspected that there was a particular event with balloons that occurred when I was a pre-schooler -- an event that planted the seed for my fetish. I'm fairly sure that I know what the event was but it isn't something i feel comfortable sharing with strangers, even with other looners.

Comment

• Asclepio
              • Sep 2018

Mmmmm I am sure it all started with a clown popping some loons on a circus show. It scared me a lot but at the same time it “woke up” my interest for balloons. Since that day I always was searching for balloons everywhere I went, one thing led to another...... one day around my 12 years old, I was blowing a big black 16” unique balloon...... I remember holding it very close and rubbing my penis with the tight latex....... mmmmmm that orgasm felt like heaven ❤️
              Since that day, I knew I had a very strong sexual attraction to balloons.
              A looner looking for fun, against violence or people with hightened moral idealism…. I just care about loons, so don’t ruin the fun.

Comment

• frankfrank
                Empathetic Harmonizer
                • Feb 2018

What's interesting about my fetish, its origins as described above, was one simple, huge WHAM!!! directly into my mind.

Before that, even entirely up to a time five minutes earlier, I never even paid balloons all that much attention, maybe even less than the typical boy. I'm pretty sure I never thought about it feeling good to sit on a balloon, anything like that.

How many looners can rightly claim that not even a primordial or proto-attraction or affinity (of any kind) existed until the moment it was first aroused?

Comment

• Bubblyzzz
                  • Jul 2017

I describe significant event in another posting, but I started out straddling a balloon after a party. It was intended as sitting, like on a cushion, but the balloon between my legs felt good and gave me a "tickle" that I enjoyed and started trying to repeat. I sneaked balloons to "play" with from then on, and always kept my interest in balloons "secret" because I was being "dirty". I loved parties because they had balloons and even if people popped them it was a wonderful experience. When I was old enough to have an allowance, I saved money for bags of balloons or bought them at store counter displays. I never lost the joy of balloons.

Comment

• PBK
                    • Mar 2019

There was a circus that came to town that triggered my balloon "thing", too, when I was 10 or so.
                    The opening show featured a lady clown blowing up a big orange balloon. After every puff the clown would look at the crowd and everyone would scream "bigger" and of course this went on until the balloon was huge with a long neck. The balloon looked much bigger than a standard party balloon and that captivated me. Eventually the balloon popped on her lips and to everyone's (except mine) delight she made a show of falling backwards acting all flabbergasted that such a thing could happen.

Comment

• LoonerHoax
                      • May 2020

From my earliest recollections I have been turned on by balloons. I can't pinpoint a "trigger event". I've been humping, riding and playing with balloons since the age of 6 or 7. Pre-puberty, there would be a feeling similar to needing to pee when I orgasmed.

Comment

• bfinch2000
                        • Feb 2020

i remember enjoying balloons like any other kid up until the age of around 4 or 5, then one popped right in my face and i ended up with a phobia of them, which gradually developed into a fetish.

interestingly, i remember that at the time i felt like it was my brother's fault that the balloon popped. that might explain why i prefer seeing guys when it comes to balloons, but otherwise i'm really not interested in sex with a guy - if it's associated with my brother somehow, that would be weird :P i also recently happened to be around my brother while he was blowing up balloons and i was terrified like i haven't been in years, so there's definitely something underlying there!

Comment

• 7balloon
                          • Dec 2018

Came across this post from a bit ago. It's a really cool post to read through.

Here's my turning point. Basically from the fucking get go. My earliest "clear" memory is of taking my pants off in my room while blowing up a second balloon. Tied to this memory are flashes of a wire basket filled with uninflated white balloons. I was definitely at the Methodist Church Annual Swap Meet. (a church garage sale). It was the first time I was going out from my new home. My brother and I had walked around the block, but this was the first time we had rode our bikes somewhere.

And my memory continues through me blowing up a third balloon, totally naked, And the balloon popping in my face. And bliss.

Psychologically, it was probably the first relaxation my body or mind had had for over a week. It was a high stress environment and I had a few moments of totally hedonistic pleasure.

Yeah....Okay....So why the fuck was it blowing up balloons and then one popping?

Still no answer on that one....And I guess that is the point. What was the turning point?

My first orgasm ever was standing in front of my closet with the weird doors in a room that was a weird color (cause it was unpainted drywall) blowing up balloons.

Balloons were my first orgasm. They pretty much still are the reason I have an orgasm.

That was my turning point.

Comment

• looneylooner
                            • Oct 2020

For me as a child I was always interested in balloons but deathly afraid of them popping after some incidents when I was 3-5. When I was 12,at our school leaving dance, the girl from my class who I had a crush on was stomping balloons on the floor, and I was utterly captivated. I wasn't through puberty at that point, but about a year later when I started masturbating I quickly discovered Balloon Fetish porn and that was me. I'm still a phobic non popper, but it's crazy how seeing a girl I liked popping balloons that would usually terrify me just flipped something in my brain.

Comment

• Ssbh21
                              • Dec 2018

Originally posted by lucid
                              Oh I can pretty much pinpoint the exact day it happened for me.
                              I was in 5th grade and this particular day was somebody's bday in the school I went 2. Every kid in the birthday boys class got a giant crystal helium balloon with a happy birthday print. I dont know if the balloons just seem big looking back on it because I was a little kid or if they really were but in any case they were about the equivalent of a hugely over inflated tt17. Now I wasn't in this kids class but 8 or 9 kids who were in that class rode my bus. It was near the end of the school year and was an uncomfortably hot day, the bus was like an oven on wheels! I can remember the heat intensifying the scent of the balloons and it made the entire bus smell like one big hot latex factory. I dont think I had a fetish at that time per se, but I definitely was into balloons more than average you could say. I remember finally working up the courage to ask the boy next to me if I could have his crystal blue balloon but was denied. At some point somebody had let their balloon float up to the ceiling of the bus and when it made contact with the hot metal it popped and the explosion was absolutely deafining. There was a blonde haired girl named michelle riding the bus from a neighboring middle school. She was one of the popular kids at that school, at least that's what we were told.
                              I remember overhearing Michelle asking if she could have the crystal red balloon of a girl that was sitting in the seat directly behind her. She was also denied and she turned around and sat back down. Thats what I thought to be the end of it. But just a few minutes later Michelle stood back up and turned around again asking, "can I please have your balloon"? When told no again Michelle replied " I could just pop it then". The comment was met with silence and disbelief. About 10 more seconds went by as they stared at each other and without further warning Michelle clawed and grabbed violently at the red balloon and there was a series of extremely strained and loud squeaks just before a thunderous kaboom, which was met by laughter of the entire bus.
                              I had no idea a balloon could even be popped that way at the time . Michelle apparently enjoyed being the center of attention and enjoyed getting laughs at other people's expense. And balloons. She would then make her way silently up and down the aisle like an apex balloon predator. I can still remember the shit eating grin she had on her face as she would grab another balloon without warning and another kablam and more cheering and laughter. Two boys willingly handed their balloons over to her to be popped. I was dying inside at having witnessed that lol. I wanted one of them soooo badly. On top of that either a hot seat or the hot ceiling would claim another one. Eventually the boy i had originally asked about getting his balloon decided to give it to me after all. I think only because he didn't want to be the next victim of michelles antics. I remember holding the blue balloon down low and close out of her sight and several minutes went by and here she came down the aisle. She stands over my seat and as I look up at her holding my balloon she says " were you gonna take that bawoon home and pway with it"? Everybody thinks its hilarious. The next words out of her mouth were "ill show you how to play with it" and she grabs hold of it like an eagle grabs a trout and as she was trying to pull it from my hands, she made a slight twist and I heard my balloon squeak violently and BOOM! But I didn't hear it or any laughter. It was like a flashbang from call of duty lol. I could see or hear nothing. When I regained my senses I look down in my lap and see what was left of my giant crystal blue balloon. A shriveled piece of latex tied to a ribbon. Right before Michelle's stop she approaches a girl who had a crystal pink balloon. She predictably laid hold on the massively over inflated balloon and was trying with all her might to pop it but ended up wrenching it from the girls hands. Or the girl willingly let go rather than have her balloon popped, im not sure which. But rather than pop that one Michelle took it off the bus with her. By the time all was said and done only two balloons survived out of the 8 or 9. Three including the one Michelle took from the other girl. Little does she know, she literally wired my brain to be the way it is now. As an adult, I love mean girls to pop my balloons nonconsentually. Crazy the effect our actions can have on others. But all in all, I consider it a gift, as traumatic as it was at the time, so thanks BIIIITCH!!! 😆

That's an awesome story. I'm 100% with you, there is nothing I like more than seeing a girl popping balloons in a mean way, especially if they are mine!

Comment

• Ssbh21
                                • Dec 2018

I can recall the day the switch flipped for me too.

Started out the same as many of of us; first a phobia, then an unexplainable interest.
                                I had a birthday party, don't recall the exact age but probably 10-12. It was a kids venue, like an chuckie cheeze or something. There were red helium balloons at the venue, bigger than normal probably 17's, and afterward all the kids got to take one home.

I have no idea what became of my balloon, but a few days had passed and I was at my friends house, and she still had her balloon in her room. It was sitting on her dresser. I remember looking at it, it was beginning to deflate and looked very soft. We were sitting on the floor playing when her mom walked in and began to chit chat with us. Her mom was fit woman, with dark brown hair, she was always friendly to us I recall taking a liking to her. As she was preparing to walk out she asked "hey are you done with that balloon?" To which my friend replied "yes"

Her mom reached out and grabbed the balloon in her right hand, and then tucked it under her left arm. She stood there leaning against the doorway for a minute saying something, but at this time I had become transfixed at the sight of her leaning in the doorway with this balloon tucked under her arm. She had it trapped between her elbow, and pressed against her hip. Without warning she reached over with her right hand and pinched the skin of the balloon between the nails of her thumb and index finger. She gave it a quick tug and twisted her nails together popping the balloon in an instant. She caught the torn rubber in her left hand and turned to walk down the hall. I remember sitting there frozen, not knowing what to think. I had not expected that to happen, nor did I realize it could have the effect on me that it was having.

And that was that, from then on I have always had a thing for seeing women pop balloons, especially with their nails. I'm a non-popper myself, even to this day if I have any balloons around that are getting old my wife takes care of them for me -- with her nails!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎