Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • softsquishyballoon
    • Feb 2020

Looners versus Decorators

From what I can deduct (I'm still new to this), the balloon enthusiasts are basically divided into two communities with little overlap: the looners (balloon fetishists) and the decorators (balloon aesthetics). I've not joined or posted there, but I ran across Balloon Chat - a forum that appears to be devoted to decorators.

Do you know of anyone who is both a looner and a decorator? Are decorators usually hostile to looners, or are many decorators largely unaware that looners even exist? I'm just curious.

On a related not, it seems that being a popper is largely intrinsic with sexual fetishism - hence the pop as "orgasm"... whereas, with non-poppers, not all of them (strictly speaking) see balloons as a sexual fetish - but are generally "obsessive" with balloons in a way that would make decorators uncomfortable. "I don't just like how balloons *look*! I also like how balloons feel/smell/taste!"
    Last edited by softsquishyballoon; 24-05-2020, 17:49. Reason: typo
  • Black_Bear
    • May 2013

Re: Looners versus Decorators

I know quite a few. Some who do it proffesionally as a business. But keep in mind, which I can really attest to, it is very easy to keep the sexual appeal of balloons out of your head, when someone is paying you to do a good job decorating. Your own name and company is on the line. So yes, there are looners who are decorators but it's not what you think.
    As for decorators, it is really a touchy issue as a whole. On the Qtex FB group, whenever someone ever says one of us has harassed them, then you see lots of comments that make fun of us. But you get a few in support when they remind everyone that we are money to them. So there are 2 sides. Also keep in mind that you have to go looking for info on a balloon fetish. Hardly anyone knows balloons are a fetish.
    As for me living in a large city buying balloons for both decorating and for b2p. I have a good relationship with many Balloon store owners. None know I buy their 16" Qtex balloons to blow up until they pop, but in the end I'm paying their bills. Some offer me discounts and stuff at times. I do think they may wonder, and some of the employees working at their stores may also have wondered. I was always very specific, and always had balloons filled that they never sold. While some decorators may laugh and ridicule us, I can guarantee no one would refuse selling you balloons in the end. Money is money, and money pays bills and keeps them going. Only thing that may be touchy is asking for custom printed balloons with an inappropriate or sexual print on them. I could see that one crossing boundaries.

Comment

• Bubblyzzz
      • Jul 2017

I know one that is more decorator than fetishist, although he is also into bdsm and uses balloons along with those activities.

When asked, he says he keeps the two things separate. Makes sense to me to do that.

Comment

• Loonorm
        • Mar 2019

So, I have kinda posted about this in another thread. Since then, my experience has changed a bit. To go back and say about my prior experience... I have a friend who owned a party store here in the western suburbs of Chicago. She was always my ‘go to’ store for balloons, as she carried many styles of Qualatex and Unique Brand balloons. She would even order in for me, Q24s and 36” Q❤️s! She asked me one day what I did with all the balloons that I buy from her. I told her about my fetish, and that I love to pop them. She found that to be interesting, and left it at that. Fast forward a few years, she moved to a new location, and that is where it became fun! I would bring her balloons that I purchased online, and she would always be amazed at all the shapes and sizes of the balloons. She would always tell me that when I would get some balloons, that I should come over to the shop after hours, and she would blow them up for me and pop them! Unfortunately, she had to clock up shop a few years ago, but she still gets me balloons, if I want. She was, and still is, an amazing friend! Within the last year, I have found another ‘connection’ in getting large quantities of balloons. This shop is a week established party store, also in the western suburbs, close to where I live. Again, have been buying balloons from them for years. Anyhow, early last year, I contacted them about purchasing their balloons that they used for decorating large events. We worked out a great deal, and I am able to get many balloons at a deep discount. They always ask what I do with all the balloons, but I don’t say. I finally confessed to the one lady who work there, and, again, she thought that it was kinda cool with what I do with them. She did, however, told me not to say anything about that to the other ladies who work there, because they wouldn’t understand.

Comment

• globos&bears
          • Jun 2019

Originally posted by Bubblyzzz
          I know one that is more decorator than fetishist, although he is also into bdsm and uses balloons along with those activities.

When asked, he says he keeps the two things separate. Makes sense to me to do that.
          My first boyfriend was a looner and for a couple of years he was a balloon decorator, he told me that work is work and although you are surrounded by balloons job pressure makes him focus on it and forget about the fetish.

Comment

• john1bl
            • Jan 2014

Originally posted by Loonorm
            So, I have kinda posted about this in another thread. Since then, my experience has changed a bit. To go back and say about my prior experience... I have a friend who owned a party store here in the western suburbs of Chicago. She was always my ‘go to’ store for balloons, as she carried many styles of Qualatex and Unique Brand balloons. She would even order in for me, Q24s and 36” Q❤️s! She asked me one day what I did with all the balloons that I buy from her. I told her about my fetish, and that I love to pop them. She found that to be interesting, and left it at that. Fast forward a few years, she moved to a new location, and that is where it became fun! I would bring her balloons that I purchased online, and she would always be amazed at all the shapes and sizes of the balloons. She would always tell me that when I would get some balloons, that I should come over to the shop after hours, and she would blow them up for me and pop them! Unfortunately, she had to clock up shop a few years ago, but she still gets me balloons, if I want. She was, and still is, an amazing friend! Within the last year, I have found another ‘connection’ in getting large quantities of balloons. This shop is a week established party store, also in the western suburbs, close to where I live. Again, have been buying balloons from them for years. Anyhow, early last year, I contacted them about purchasing their balloons that they used for decorating large events. We worked out a great deal, and I am able to get many balloons at a deep discount. They always ask what I do with all the balloons, but I don’t say. I finally confessed to the one lady who work there, and, again, she thought that it was kinda cool with what I do with them. She did, however, told me not to say anything about that to the other ladies who work there, because they wouldn’t understand.
            OK spill the beans!! where are these shop!!! I live about 2 hours from CHI town and are looking for different balloons.

Comment

• BYGavia
              • Dec 2017

Originally posted by john1bl
              OK spill the beans!! where are these shop!!! I live about 2 hours from CHI town and are looking for different balloons.
              also lurks

Comment

• PBK
                • Mar 2019

There was a very attractive lady in her early fifties that ran a balloon/party/wedding rental shop in a city I was once stationed in that was great. She'd bring in special order balloons for me, blow balloons up for me on her electric pump and just talk about balloons in general and didn't get a weird vibe about it. I was honest with her because she did ask one time why I was so interested in balloons. I was able to answer truthfully without using the word "fetish". I simply said "I like balloons". Which is the gosh darned truth!
                Anyway no more was said or asked about it and she was a great resource. She was fearless in blowing up balloons, though. She'd fill up Q-tex 24's on her electric pump until they had that perfect pair shape. As a non popper I cringed sometimes because the balloon was getting full and necked and ready to pop, pump is whirring away with angry fury and at the last second she'd pull the balloon off the pump and tie it or release the air. When she filled helium balloons for clients she'd fill them full but didn't quite overinflate them because she said in warmer weather as soon as they get outside and in direct sunlight they tend to pop right away. She brought in and did lots of punchballs for me, too. She knew to roll the neck in the balloon instead of just tying it.
                Anyway she closed her shop some 10 years ago and retired. Never kept in touch with her after that.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                😂
                🥰
                😘
                🤢
                😎
                😞
                😡
                👍
                👎