Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sonarloon
    • Jun 2017

a question about standard qualatex balloons

So this is something I've been wondering about for a while. I'm totally blind, as some of you may know, and so I can't see this with my own eyes.
    I'm speaking of the standard qualatex balloons, the q16, q24, etc. What do they typically have printed on them? Graphics? Text?
    I know there is the q36 stars and smiley and I believe also hearts prints, I think the last two prints can also be found on q16s and 24s?
    Have a great one all.
  • BYGavia
    • Dec 2017

Re: a question about standard qualatex balloons

I won’t speak on Q24s, as my experience with printed versions of those is basically zero, and they are no longer manufactured.

I have browsed online stores and found various prints on Q16s. Some of the prints I have seen are smiles, clown faces, stars, and even a cartoon human face with a Caucasian skin tone. I think it’s more often graphics than text.

Comment

• sonarloon
      • Jun 2017

yup, I knew about the printed balloons with graphics.
      I'm speaking of the standard assorted balloons, not the specific printed ones. Is it just colored latex in whatever color you ordered it in?

Comment

• BYGavia
        • Dec 2017

I just searched online to refresh my memory. It is possible to obtain assorted colors that are printed. The first three kinds of print I found were big dots, happy birthday, and various “spray” patterns. The colors appear to vary between pastel and jewel tones.

Comment

• sonarloon
          • Jun 2017

ah, ok. That's interesting to know.
          I'm a traditionalist, even though I can't see it, I love red. Most if not all my remaining stash is red qualatex 16 and 24s with the latter having a bit more of an assortment remaining in the safe.

Comment

• wildheart
            • Apr 2015

You can buy them in either mixed colours, or a pack of the same colour. It might be different depending on where you buy them though.
            How big will it go? Only one way to find out...
            My website: loonerstories.weebly.com

Comment

• Tracy
              • May 2018

Have you been blind since birth? I'm happy to try to answer (and don't mean to offend by asking), but I think it's harder to do so if you have always been sightless...

Comment

• sonarloon
                • Jun 2017

Hi Tracy.
                Yup, I have. And no offense taken. I roast myself and my blindness in public, all in good fun, all the time.

Comment

• OverTheTop
                  • Dec 2013

Before they were discontinued, Balloons United used Q24s for their "The Looner" prints, which now use the Belbal B250. They were printed with lots of phrases like "Blow me", "Pop me", "Ride me", and so on.

Comment

• craggy2012
                    • Jan 2012

Yeah I love the Balloons United “Looner” balloon. I just wish they’d print them on to 36 inch rounds too

Comment

• BalloonBoyUK
                      Banned
                      • Dec 2018

Originally posted by sonarloon
                      I'm speaking of the standard qualatex balloons, the q16, q24, etc. What do they typically have printed on them?
                      Hi Sonarloon. The answer to your question is simple. Standard, or plain coloured Qualatex balloons, are just that - plain. They have no logos, no printing on them of any kind. They are blank. As you have been blind from birth, I'm not sure whether you'd be able to tell of the difference (simply by touch or smell, for example) between one plain colour and another.

Some plain colours might be thicker or thinner than others, but generally speaking, without someone to assist you, it'd be quite hard to tell.

Likewise, sometimes telling what colour a balloon is without stretching it, or partially-inflating it, can be hard even for sighted looners. Some colours look identical in their packets, and someone will only see the true colour, once it's been partially or fully inflated. Jewel-tone colours like Dark Purple, Dark Blue, and Dark Green can look nigh identical in their packs. But even certain shades of orange, peach and pink can look very similar if you aren't careful.

Qualatex themselves may be able to help you more. If you live in the United States you can call their Customer Service helpline on:

1-800-803-3315

If you live elsewhere in the world, this following weblink has a list of numbers you can call, that may be able to advise you further...

Contact the makers of Qualatex balloons and find out how you can purchase The Very Best Balloons.

I hope that helps a bit.

Comment

• Eastlooner
                        • Apr 2019

Hi Sonarloon
                        I think that BallonboyUK has said everything.
                        Personally I have met standard Q16 and 24 as just plain balloons with no print and Q16 with smile, winked smile, spray patterns and (rose and red only) with hearts. Q24 standard colors were spray painted and (red) with "I love you" or swirling hearts. There is no difference in smell and capacity of the printed and unprinted ones.
                        Hope it helps

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        😂
                        🥰
                        😘
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😞
                        😡
                        👍