Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JamesPopper
    • Nov 2016

Bulk balloons?

Where can I buy like 1000+ balloons at a time?
  • BalloonBoyUK
    Banned
    • Dec 2018

Re: Bulk balloons?

Originally posted by JamesPopper
    Where can I buy like 1000+ balloons at a time?
    As others have said, just find a balloon dealer/store/website, and contact them.

Explain what it is you want, e.g. 1000 balloons of the same size/colour/shape, or 1000 balloons in total (but made-up of different colours, sizes and shapes), and see what they say.

Most will offer you some kind of small discount, or free postage, or something similar, but 1000 may seem like a huge order to you, but to them, it's not necessarily going to be seen as that big. So, don't think you're going to get like 50% off, or something amazing like that.

Comment

• Big Balloons!
      • Jul 2016

Not sure which kind of balloons you're looking for but for 9 or 10 inch balloons there are balloon release packages, likely weak balloons

Comment

• Tracy
        • May 2018

The other thing you can look for is batches of misprinted balloons. These would likely not be very big.... probably 11-12" maximum. But every now and then McDonald's will ask a distributor to print 30,000 balloons for a district and they'll get back balloons that say McOnald's or something like that. Then the distributor has to get rid of a bunch of balloons that are not defective as balloons but not what they buyer ordered.

Comment

• srob2
          • Dec 2017

It will take longer than you think to go through 144 balloons. And there is nothing worse than 144 balloons that aren't what you want - either too small, boring or too hard to pop. Be sure you really want 1000 first, and don't expect much of a discount unless you are buying 100 times that many.

Comment

• EthylTheAardvark
            • Nov 2016

Looking too fill a room up with balloons? Your best bet might be to talk to a wholesaler. Qualatex has a list of regional wholesalers on their website. For tax and ease of business purposes, you might be better off talking to one that's not in your state. I've had pretty good luck with MSR Balloons. You have to contact them via Email to set up an account, just tell 'em you're out of state and plan on buying at least a couple hundred dollars worth of balloons at a time, no need for explanations or anything, they're used to people buying a lot of balloons and they don't care what they do with 'em. They usually range from less expensive to MUCH less expensive than you can find on Amazon or the dedicated looner web sites. https://www.msrballoons.com/

Comment

• BalloonBoyUK
              Banned
              • Dec 2018

Personally, unless you plan on popping them all, then if you do intend to create a balloon room, I'd go for decent qualilty branded balloons anyway, as they last longer, look nicer, and don't tend to pop so easily.

Bear in mind that even for a small room, say 10ft wide by 10ft long by 10ft tall, you'll need at least 800 or more 11"-12" balloons to realistically fill it (as in filled from floor to ceiling).

So, bear in mind that this isn't going to be cheap.

Maybe JamesPopper can tell us what he wants 1000 balloons for, and we can offer better advice?

Comment

• PBK
                • Mar 2019

Originally posted by Tracy
                The other thing you can look for is batches of misprinted balloons. These would likely not be very big.... probably 11-12" maximum. But every now and then McDonald's will ask a distributor to print 30,000 balloons for a district and they'll get back balloons that say McOnald's or something like that. Then the distributor has to get rid of a bunch of balloons that are not defective as balloons but not what they buyer ordered.
                I've tried that. I called 3 different local balloon printing businesses and they all told me due to trademark and liability issues bla bla bla their policy is to destroy the misprinted balloons and discard them. One other place told me their policy is to offer the misprinted balloons to the customer at a steep discount and if the customer doesn't want them then they destroy them and start over.
                Seems like a terrible waste to me.

Comment

• LoudPopper
                  • Jan 2016

I know a few places that have good deals but it depends on what you are looking for. Do you want quality loons, bigger loons, or cheaper loons?

1. If you want hi quality balloons at a super good price (like 40-60% less than what you'd get a a looner friendly online balloon store) I'd suggest balloonsfast.com or balloonsandweights.com.

Balloonsfast primarily sells Tuf-tex, which are usually some of the most expensive loons online, for the best price I've seen around. They're used to selling to car dealerships so they have no idea how valuable they are to us looners who are willing to shell out double the for them online. Good news is you can buy individually too. You can get a 1000 assorted color 9"ers for $57, 100 ct. 11"ers for $8/bag, a 720ct. Tuf-tex 17" case (10 bags x 72 ct.) for $140 and single 72 ct. TT17 bags for anywhere from $14-$20/ bag. Last time I checked balloons-united were selling bags for like $45! Plus you can literally get just about any style of loon you want from them, beyond what custom balloon stores online offer such as perlized colors, gold, silver, clear, and printed TT's too.

2. If you want balloons w comparable quality to U16's (or 9" or 12"ers) you can go to balloonsandweights.com. They sell to individuals too.

They're pretty good to, and although they're not exactly selling Unique/Mexico's I've heard from people who've tried them that that's the best comparison. You can get 1440 (10 bags x 144 ct.) of 9"ers for $80, 10" for $100, 12" for $120, 14" for $180 and 16" for $280. IMO the prices go up a little steeply for my taste, but I still plan on buying their bulk case of 16"ers in the future. U16's and TT's are some of my favorite loons but I'm curious to try out the balloonsandweights brand that they sell called, Celebrity Balloons (creativeballoonsmanufacturer.com). You can get single 144 ct. 16" bags for just $30. For comparison balloons-united is selling 100 U16's for $38!

3. Or are you looking for just a bunch of balloons, like 7"-11" fun but cheap and lower quality, that you can just quickly blow up and easily pop?

If so, I'd consider trying to buy a bunch of misprints or random assorted packages online. As far as I know, online shops aren't selling them, and as someone already said, the wholesalers usually throw them away (huge waste btw), I'd snap them up in an instant. Your luck is really hit or miss with wholesalers imo, hard to find when you want them but when you get a deal it's ridiculous. I got 350 Q24's for about $40 once. My suggestion is that you'll have your best luck buying them from private sellers/vendors on ebay. They usually sell them by the pound or kilogram (0.5kg-2k at a time) which will land you anywhere from 500-2000 balloons for about $20-$35. The only problem is that you don't know what you're gonna get and they can sometimes be fragile.

I once bought a kg or so from a private vender on ebay who said they were mostly 11"ers. I got about 700 of them, and at first I was pissed when about 50% of them were 9", 25% 7"-9", and 20% 11", and maybe 5% of a bunch of random mouse ear and long twistys thrown in for good measure. Personally, I have no use for weird shaped balloons bc they're weird to ride, they pop in weird unexpected ways, they're not loud enough, and they're too small to ride/STP. Plus back then I was super picky about my loons and hated anything smaller than 11". But with time, back when I was preferring to only have balloon play in big balloon rooms, they actually really came in handy bc I could fill the room 1/3 to 1/2 full with 100 or so 16-17"ers, and found that I could sneak in an extra 100 to 200 more balloons with the misprints and not fill the room up that much higher, so it was basically like getting a bonus 200 balloons to pop for my session when I only usually had like 100. I actually learned how to appreciate smaller balloons this way bc I found that I could half-tie like a 100 of them off, and in the middle of playing with my bigger loons a nice 7"-11" balloon was literally always right within arms reach for a quick BTP with only 3-4 breaths! Plus I learned that 7-9" balloons can actually be as loud as 16"ers bc they're under a lot more pressure with their small diameters when blown. And bc they're so fragile, you can easily nailpop, squeeze against you body etc. w little effort turned out to be more fun than I imagined!
                  Last edited by LoudPopper; 12-03-2019, 21:29.

Comment

• srob2
                    • Dec 2017

I'd love to have bulk, cheap, easy to b2p balloons that aren't that loud

Comment

• LoudPopper
                      • Jan 2016

Then the misprints are probably your best bet. Hope you can get your hands on some!

Quick update: I learned in another post that Celebrity Balloons from balloonsandweights.com are INDEED Mexico/Unique 16"! So whoever is trying to score a huge amount of awesome balloons for a great price. Hell ya!

Comment

• 7balloon
                        • Dec 2018

I am currently bidding on 5000 balloons from an online auction. They are from a place that went out of business. We'll see if I get them!

Comment

• Blowitbig
                          • Jan 2016

Wow , that's alot of balloons, hope you get em
                          The bigger the better

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘