Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Asclepio
    • Sep 2018

Balloon size, microwave vs baking.

Hi! I saw something interesting the other day on youtube. Someone put an inflated balloon inside a microwave, the balloon resisted almost a minute without pop, so an idea came to my mind, what if I put an uninflated balloon inside the microwave and set a 30 seconds round, do you think it could work as baking do in terms of size??
    A looner looking for fun, against violence or people with hightened moral idealism…. I just care about loons, so don’t ruin the fun.
  • OverTheTop
    • Dec 2013

Re: Balloon size, microwave vs baking.

Originally posted by DeppLooner
    Hi! I saw something interesting the other day on youtube. Someone put an inflated balloon inside a microwave, the balloon resisted almost a minute without pop, so an idea came to my mind, what if I put an uninflated balloon inside the microwave and set a 30 seconds round, do you think it could work as baking do in terms of size??
    Why not try it?

I've experimented a bit with baking (partially) inflated balloons as opposed to regular balloons, and almost the second you put them into the oven, they begin stretching and expanding, so I don't expect they'd last very long in the oven (I've not left one in long enough to pop before). If it took a minute to pop in the microwave, then the microwave probably isn't very effectively heating the balloon, so I wouldn't expect it to be more effective than the oven.

Comment

• wildheart
      • Apr 2015

They expand while inflated in the oven because air expands when hot. Also the heat makes the latex more stretchy. Microwaves don’t heat anything directly. They excite the water molecules in food to cause them to heat up. If they don’t get very hot in the microwave, there’s simply not enough water to cause it to heat up. Haven’t tried baking myself, but hot water makes balloons stretch a lot.
      How big will it go? Only one way to find out...
      My website: loonerstories.weebly.com

Comment

• Asclepio
        • Sep 2018

So if I put some water inside the balloon, do you think It will work as baking but with a microwave? Or it will damage the latex??
        A looner looking for fun, against violence or people with hightened moral idealism…. I just care about loons, so don’t ruin the fun.

Comment

• wildheart
          • Apr 2015

It’ll turn into steam and inflate the balloon. It’ll also get quite hot. Don’t do it for too long as it might melt the latex.
          How big will it go? Only one way to find out...
          My website: loonerstories.weebly.com

Comment

• BalloonBoyUK
            Banned
            • Dec 2018

Simple answer is this:

NEVER EVER USE A MICROWAVE TO DO STUPID STUFF LIKE THIS!

It's dangerous, it's reckless, and you're likely to injure yourself, someone else, or even (potentially, and in the most extreme of scenarios) causing a fire or power-outage.

If you need to see what happens, look on YouTube, and I'm sure that you'll find plenty of other people who have done this, and got "burned" for doing so (maybe not literally).

But, seriously! NO, DO NOT DO THIS!

Comment

• Fiju
              • Feb 2018

So, does anyone know how to bake balloon inside the microwave?

Comment

• SPHUSA
                • Apr 2021

I sometimes like to masturbate with balloons that are filled with hot water. Microwaves are actually excellent. Just don't overdo it. If the water gets too hot, let it cool for a while.

Comment

• srob2
                  • Dec 2017

Tie a balloon with a little water and microwave it and the whole microwave will explode - expensive and dangerous.

Boiling water is not hot enough to bake the latex, so it might stretch a little more but not much. Microwaves are not good at making anything hotter than boiling.

Comment

• lucid
                    • Sep 2016

Why does there always have to be safety sallys everywhere you go to ruin people's fun lol. A microwave will not explode if you put a balloon in it. Even tied. (Although I'm not sure why anybody would tie it b4 they put it in there if the goal is to increase the size when you take it out) Unless you actually believe that a popping balloon has enough power to destroy hard plastic and steel. In which case water balloons would be used in war rather than parties haha. As far as the effectiveness vs baking in an oven, I'm going to try it this weekend myself a few different ways and see what happens.
                    Last edited by lucid; 09-04-2021, 14:29.

Comment

• Wynonna302
                      • Apr 2021

A water balloon inside a microwave sounds like a good way to get electrocuted!

Comment

• b0f0s0f
                        • Nov 2016

I'd imagine the main issue with a microwave is that it doesn't heat things evenly. There is constructive and destructive interference that causes fairly nonuniform heating, meaning some parts of your balloon will be overcooked, and others will be undercooked, and a balloon that's softer in some areas and stiffer in other areas seems like a recipe for weak balloons. A toaster oven would probably be a better bet.

Comment

• Asclepio
                          • Sep 2018

Wow I didn’t remember this old post from me, glad there is still some people interested into this topic, to be honest I never tried but not because dangerous advertisements, to be honest I cant imagine how you can get hurt by microwaving a balloon lol, if you manage to get hurt by using a microwave you probably shouldn’t be using a microwave for any other purpose hahaha
                          Idk I had the idea of spray some water outside and inside of an uninflated ballooon and after that put it 3 minutos into the microwave (the water is for help the heat to be more distributed on all the latex), and after see the results.

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎