Old 13-12-2021, 02:45 PM

Danniballoon is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Rescued Balloons
Here is my latest rescue, a couple of balloon columns. The person advertising them said that if no one wanted them, they were going to burst them. The 'B' word drives me crazy and I've just got to save them.
It was such a relief to get them home and have a ride on them
Attached Images:
File Type: jpg 20211213_102823.jpg (86.3 KB, 171 views)
Old 14-12-2021, 03:34 AM

7balloon is on a distinguished road
If it's not too much, did you fuck all of them?
Old 20-12-2021, 07:51 PM

PBK is on a distinguished road
I just rescued a couple of bunches from McDonalds. The McDs around here are so generous about giving them away if I ask nicely. A manager even came out with a small stepladder to get the bunches I asked for down from the ceiling.
Old 21-12-2021, 05:33 PM

7balloon is on a distinguished road
How do you guys find these? I've started doing searches but found nothing. Any help to score like you do would be appreciated
Old 21-12-2021, 06:07 PM

Loonorm is on a distinguished road
7balloon…Try Facebook Marketplace, it’s a great place to find balloons! Search for used balloon garland or used balloon arch. I have found many balloons that way. Also, try a local supermarket with a floral department. They usually have quite a few mylars that they just throw away. This past Valentines Day, a local Jewel Food store was GIVING away mylars on the day after. Take as many as you want, is what I was told. Still haven’t found the courage to ask a local automobile dealership.
Old 22-12-2021, 11:31 AM

Danniballoon is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Loonorm View Post
7balloon…Try Facebook Marketplace, it’s a great place to find balloons! Search for used balloon garland or used balloon arch. I have found many balloons that way. Also, try a local supermarket with a floral department. They usually have quite a few mylars that they just throw away. This past Valentines Day, a local Jewel Food store was GIVING away mylars on the day after. Take as many as you want, is what I was told. Still haven’t found the courage to ask a local automobile dealership.
So far, I've had 22 balloon arches and 5 columns

I don't usually pop them though. I have a method of deflating all but the very tightest of tied balloons. I powder them with plain talc and put them in freezer bags for future fun.
Old 03-01-2022, 10:22 PM

condensatelover is on a distinguished road
Guys, stop arguing! Please.
I think that a rescued balloon is a balloon that was rescued from a dangerous place (e.g. bushes or a tree)
And a lucky balloon is the balloon which was given to you instead of popping.
I have only one rescuing story. My friend found a balloon in bushes, which was nearly flat because the person who inflated it forgot to tie a knot on a balloon. Friend just gave me the balloon, and we went home. At home I decided to blow it up. It was a beautiful 14 inch clear balloon. Just a clear balloon. I decided to make somebody happy, so I started to stretch the balloon by blowing it up and deflating. I repeated this procedure for 6 times, so the balloon became really big in deflated condition. I took a hairdryer and dried it up. I had an old oxidized balloon on stick, so I popped the old balloon, took a pack of feathers for stuffing, blew up the rescued balloon with feathers inside, clipped it to a stick and gave out to a pretty girl. Of course I didn't make a knot, just tied it tight with a rubber band, so the pretty girl can re-inflate the balloon. I like to make people happy.
Old 04-01-2022, 02:18 AM

sgballoonfetishist is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Danniballoon View Post
Here is my latest rescue, a couple of balloon columns. The person advertising them said that if no one wanted them, they were going to burst them. The 'B' word drives me crazy and I've just got to save them.
It was such a relief to get them home and have a ride on them
Nice~~ I love to ride on balloon columns and arches.. the satisfying feeling on them makes me wanna come.. xD
Old 16-01-2022, 11:13 PM

Seasidelad is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by PBK View Post
I just rescued a couple of bunches from McDonalds. The McDs around here are so generous about giving them away if I ask nicely. A manager even came out with a small stepladder to get the bunches I asked for down from the ceiling.
Takes me back to the 90s when the UK branches had decent sized balloons available and I used to collect them. Sometimes they would be blowing them up in the restaurant and I would ask if I could get some. If they had helium filled balloons I would reach up to grab them.