How tightly do you inflate your toys?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Joe Sixpanel
    • Sep 2018

Re: How tightly do you inflate your toys?

Originally posted by Vicci
    Just a large ring.
    Please tell us more about this incident. I'd love to hear some of the details.

Comment

I usually can't stop blowing until I just can't force any more air inside. I had a bit of a accident today as I was just casually inflating my pavillo mattress. I inflated it pretty hard at first just trying to get it filled under 5 minutes because I kinda like to race myself to get it inflated faster than the last time. So I blew pretty hard and after it was hard without any wrinkles I placed it sideways and gave it a little ride. It was definitely feeling real hard and all but I decided to force some more air inside it just to see if I could and after 10 intense huffs & puffs I heard this noise of air escaping from the middle. So what can I say, I ripped a seam of an mattress by blowing into it too hard.

Comment

• fairskies15
        • Mar 2021

I took the risk and slightly overinflated my (made in 2019) Intex whale today, which had gotten slightly heatstretched after a swimming session this past summer, and inflated it until there was just tiny wrinkles left in the main chamber. It looked so gorgeously plump after I finished. Hopped on top, gently tested it, and then got a bit rougher riding it to a lovely bliss. I expected it to start hissing with some seam split somewhere, but there was nothing. It's surprising how strong these things are.
        Last edited by fairskies15; 15-12-2021, 05:39.

Comment

• NiceGuy
          • Nov 2021

Sounds exciting, i would have loved to be there watching you ��

Comment

• NiceGuy
            • Nov 2021

Originally posted by Sabrina
            I usually can't stop blowing until I just can't force any more air inside. I had a bit of a accident today as I was just casually inflating my pavillo mattress. I inflated it pretty hard at first just trying to get it filled under 5 minutes because I kinda like to race myself to get it inflated faster than the last time. So I blew pretty hard and after it was hard without any wrinkles I placed it sideways and gave it a little ride. It was definitely feeling real hard and all but I decided to force some more air inside it just to see if I could and after 10 intense huffs & puffs I heard this noise of air escaping from the middle. So what can I say, I ripped a seam of an mattress by blowing into it too hard.
            I would have loved to watch that 😉

Comment

• Cockneypopper
              • Aug 2021

I always inflate them as tight as possible deflate them and inflate again I love using Q16’s my favourite are the smiley face ones or gender reveal they can get huge 😏

Comment

• RLMI
                • Jul 2021

When inflating tightly, I have always wondered whether an inflatable will get bigger if blown up super tight from brand new, or whether it can get bigger over time, by blowing it up moderately fully for a start, then slowly keep adding air every day or two?

Comment

• TheMole
                  • Nov 2019

I would say I slightly overinflate them, especially boats. Not too much because they still need to be bouncy and good for a ride but pretty tight.

Comment

• Big Thud Joe
                    • May 2017

Originally posted by RLMI
                    When inflating tightly, I have always wondered whether an inflatable will get bigger if blown up super tight from brand new, or whether it can get bigger over time, by blowing it up moderately fully for a start, then slowly keep adding air every day or two?
                    I've always wondered this with my lifesize body inflatables, I've blown some of them so tight straight out of the packaging, and have leaked, yet on other occasions, I've blown them moderately tight, and have added air over the coming days, and they have been very nice when so tight, they ring.

But were I live, the consideration is the climate and vast temperature fluctuations, and what is tight on a mild day could be seam rippingly tight on a warmer / hotter day.

When it comes to tightness, the XL large Sunnylife transparent rainbow balls, and transparent watermelon balls are absolute bliss. The point where there is a disc in the middle of the ball, there is a slight indenting bulge that goes around the entire outside equator section, and already just the feel of that is phenominally beautiful.

At first I bought one of the watermelons at full price AU$50 and considering how tight the inflation was, it stood up remarkably well, but I was rather nervy that one day it was going to spring a seam leak. After a few days I deflated it and stored it with the rest of my stash. Loving these balls so much I bought a whole heap more of them at a clear out sale for $10 each, but these were the gay rainbow style; they still had that lovely bulge around the equator.

I then inflated one of the gay rainbow balls, which had the same half transparency configuration. Again, very , very tightly, but after two days I noticed it got rather soft. I came to the conclusion, that it wasn't so much that I had it too tight, but rather more that these sunnylife gay rainbow balls had a rather complex seam design that would of had several points of vulnerability, absolutely as disappointing as all hell, as the very complexity of the ball was one of the turn ons.

So in the end, I don't know if my experiences reflect the fact that I've blown things too hard, or because much of what I've purchased has been from sales and clear outs (I'm not paying $50 for a $5 ball), the quality has been compromised in some way, like factory defects, or damaged floor stock, or etc. I'm guessing that's why the gay rainbow balls had leaked. I have a gut feeling that the full price ones may have been okay, but Sunnylife were too much of a rip off, considering the nice shapes and PVCs they used.

Comment

I do want them to be as big as possible but I am not good at necking balloons and also the pop risk is to big for me, So even when I try to get them big enough I always underinflate them by quite a bit because at a certain size I get so nervous that I'm gonna accidentally do a b2p because I have done that by accident before.

Comment

• inbox_pm
                        • Apr 2017

It depends from a toy itself. With a big toys I like when they are soft, a bit underinflated. But small toys I like to overinflate. Of course, sometimes they pops under me, but I'm good in repairs

Comment

• fairskies15
                          • Mar 2021

Another random musing: sometimes inflatables with complex curves need to be inflated less.

A package containing a Swimline unicorn rocker arrived on my doorstep today, and I couldn't resist myself and opened the box. I blew up the thing by mouth until the vinyl presented a lovely springiness. I should mention that when fully inflated, it is truly a beautiful inflatable, with pretty artwork, nice colors and gorgeous touches like the small stars on it's neck and near the tail next to the Swimline logo. I left a few wrinkles in there, as I couldn't bear to see my steed pop on it's maiden ride, and climbed onboard.

First thing I did after getting on, and giving it a few rocks back and forth for fun was to check the pressure by pressing my two fingers on the seam of the unicorn rocker's mane. To my surprise was quite taut, so I let a little bit of air out for extra insurance, and then after checking the bolster chambers for the same thing, I gave it it's first ride. I admittingly got a bit too rough when I hugged and tugged it's mane and head back as I bounced and rocked faster and harder on it until the unicorn and I crossed the finish line, so to speak. Luckily there was no seam split that resulted from it.
                          Last edited by fairskies15; 13-01-2022, 03:38.

Comment

• gerbil366@outlook.com
                            • Dec 2020

i sometimes over inflate my big balloons so they get as big as 24" and usually pretty tight too and sometimes burst too

Comment

• gerbil366@outlook.com
                              • Dec 2020

do you like balloons bigger than 16" ?

Comment

• fairskies15
                                • Mar 2021

Originally posted by gerbil366@outlook.com
                                do you like balloons bigger than 16" ?
                                I'm not too fond of balloons. I've tried them a few times using ordinary inexpensive party balloons (I unfortunately don't know the precise measurements), and also experimented with a little by trying to gently ride the balloon on top of my Intex dolphin, but I'm not so turned on by the feeling or sensations. In fact when I did it I was quite anxious because they felt like they were going to pop at any minute. Needless to say I developed a aversion to balloons.

I love inflatables because the vinyl always feels nice and strong, unlike a balloon, as well as the fact that they hold a sentimental connection to swimming and my love for water.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎