Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tracy
    • May 2018

Self-photo collections

Just curious about this one. For those of you who take selfies and/or video yourself during balloon play (sexually explicit or no), how extensive is your collection? I'm talking, obviously, about people who do this for non-commercial reasons. Models and the like are free to chime in, but I am really interested in the people who don't do it for the bucks...

And why do you take them? To pleasure yourself after the balloon fun? To share with partners, would-be partners, complete strangers? To freak out whomever finds that secret file folder?

Fair enough: I'll start. I have about 2000 pictures and video clips, taken from about 150 different ballooning sessions mostly over the last eight years. (I'm very selective of the photos that I keep, so that probably represents somewhere between 10000 and 20000 actual camera clicks.) None are sexually explicit; most aren't even risque! This is a pretty good example of how "naughty" I (don't) get...

Sorry about the blurred face BTW; trust you understand.

As far as why? I wish I could give a cogent answer. The only thing I know for sure is that it's not any sort of self-gratification. (Sadly, I don't appear to be my own type... sigh.) I do share some of them with a very select group of friends whom I trust not to broadcast them around. I use a couple as "calling cards" on balloon or fetish-oriented forums (including this one, of course).

Part of it is definitely just the unending need many transgender woman have for affirmation that you hopefully don't just look absolutely ridiculous. It's embarrassing to admit that even at my age that's still a motive, but it's true.

And part of it is positive encouragement. I was scared to death of balloons as a kid (and well past my childhood). Accidental pops still scare me, but looking at some of these pictures and seeing myself playing with - and in some cases surrounded by - a bunch of giant balloons is a nice reminder that "you've come a long way, baby!"

So... do tell!
  • craggy2012
    • Jan 2012

Re: Self-photo collections

I usually take a couple of pics of sessions with an iPad- just a keepsake really.

Comment

• OverTheTop
      • Dec 2013

I often take photos or short videos of myself. Some I like to share with friends or looner communities, but many I keep for myself.

I can definitely feel that desire for affirmation as well - as I've transitioned and gained confidence it's become less significant, but it's still fun. As for the ones I don't share, I like to flip through them from time to time just to remind myself of some past fun, get some ideas, or just admire myself a bit - I am definitely my type, hah.

I have ~370 photos/videos in my library, mostly tending on the more NSFW side. I used to have many more than that, but I pared down some my collection a while ago (especially the old pre-transition ones) and lost some that weren't backed up as well.
      Last edited by OverTheTop; 04-12-2021, 07:45.

Comment

• heliumsitr68
        • Nov 2021

I have made a couple of videos (explicit) during my balloon sessions for "personal use" only . However , they were 20+ yrs. ago and still on VHS ! I've considered making some more but haven't actually done it .
        Popper ! I love helium balloons

Comment

• randomlooner316
          • Apr 2021

I been to a few balloon gatherings with friends and took lots of pics to remember the good times. I have all the pictures I took from various Gatherings saved to Google Drive

Comment

• Loonorm
            • Mar 2019

Admittedly, yes made a few VHS videos of myself 20+ years ago. All, of course were popping videos, and then at the end I would ‘pop myself’, usually off camera, but a couple of times on. I really haven’t wanted to watch them, but they are there for posterity. I know that on one of the videos, I have a short clip from a local news report from a balloon convention that took place. The news reporter was absolutely amazing looking. When she made the comment about popping the balloons after the conference…well…LOL!

Comment

• LoonerPlanet
              • Nov 2018

I have been taking balloon photos for years, trying to get at least one image of various brands, shapes, colors, and prints. As a result, I have photos of balloons that are no longer available, such as the Tilly worker, Q24, Unique zeppelin, as well as prints like Kaboom Balloons and Balloons-United. Kind of nice to go back and relive those memories. I also have photos of my balloon rooms and helium balloons, as well as public balloon displays. I've shared some of these photos on Facebook.

I do have a few personal videos, but, frankly, I seem awkward in them. Much prefer the videos I can purchase online.

Comment

• seattlelurker
                • Oct 2017

Originally posted by LoonerPlanet
                I do have a few personal videos, but, frankly, I seem awkward in them. Much prefer the videos I can purchase online.
                I think this is really something worth noting, especially when I (occasionally) see people complaining about the cost of fetish videos, or even the idea that they have to pay for them... I would say to all of us here in this online community, think about how awkward and poorly-shot your own personal videos can be, and then compare that to the professionally produced content you enjoy. It really makes you consider how much work the models have put into their on-camera presence, how much time and effort and money into setup and video equipment the producers have. I'm not saying there aren't shoddy videos and performers out there half-assing it, but when somebody talented and motivated comes along, it's worth respecting the effort that goes into their product. I have no problem "walking away from" and not supporting sloppy productions, but I certainly have no problem putting my money towards content producers working hard to do it right.

Sorry for the rant, and I'm (hopefully obviously) not accusing LoonerPlanet of any of the above, but I just wanted to say that I think you really hit upon an important point... it takes a surprising amount of work and talent to produce a good product, and we should all respect and support the peopleputting in the effort for our entertainment!

Comment

• pinpopper
                  • Mar 2019

I often take pictures. It started as a way to keep some memories of special sessions such as where I would inflate lots, have some helium or just some big expensive balloons. For a while it became a big part of my looning ritual. Inflate balloons, take pictures, play and pop balloons. taking pictures is always good cause it extends the length of my looner sessions.

Comment

• LoonerPlanet
                    • Nov 2018

I agree 100% with Seattlelurker: it isn't easy to make a good video. Even tougher, we are diverse community looking for different action. Thanks for reminding us.

Comment

• Danniballoon
                      • Mar 2018

I've been taking video of my balloon play for years. I started off with a second hand B&W security camera linked to a video recorder, back in the early 80's. As technology advanced, I kept on upgrading and am now using a Sony 4K FDR-AX700 camcorder and watching the results on a 77" OLED TV, which is an awesome setup
                      I love to watch popping sessions, especially when its lots of balloons or giant ones. I don't share them though, apart from the odd pop on YouTube.
                      I think my favourite ones were when I boinked a well used Misslooner printed GL-700 and a giant worker in the garage, then popped them with a pin, straight afterwards
                      Its also nice to keep a track of the balloons and inflatables I've had in the past, which had to be dumped when I moved houses.

Comment

• Tracy
                        • May 2018

Thanks to all of you for responding so far! Very diverse array of responses, which honestly is to be expected in this group.

Even though commercial content almost never does anything for me, I can certainly appreciate the work that goes into it (if nothing else by looking at how much work I put into my own stuff, which is never nearly as polished)...And so it's good to see a number of you recognizing that and wanting to support it with your $$$$$$.

Comment

• TheMole
                          • Nov 2019

I've taken some nice videos of myself playing with balloons and inflatables, even more pictures. Most are NSFW and I can't post here but about 250 items or so so far. It accelerated when I found a GF who enjoyed playing with balloons with me . We have been considering onlyfans or something like that but neither of us are that willing to sell our souls XD.

Comment

• loonlun
                            • Mar 2021

I haven't taken any photos of myself in action but have taken videos of balloons getting popped. Either by tossing them at something sharp, shooting something at them, or sticking something into them.

I went a little overboard when I first discovered that my phone's camera app has a feature for slow motion video.

Comment

• loonerlee
                              • Dec 2018

I occasionally take videos of my girlfriend with and on balloons, this no longer happens as she not very comfortable with her own image after having 3 children (love her to bits no matter what) I take pictures of balloons if ive gotten inflated way past there rated size or a shaped balloons inflated near perfect. Ive kept a lot of pictures of my girlfriend with balloons from ten years ago to remind me of the fun times we had before being perants living in a care free world.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎