Old 03-12-2021, 10:29 PM

Tracy is on a distinguished road
Default Self-photo collections
Just curious about this one. For those of you who take selfies and/or video yourself during balloon play (sexually explicit or no), how extensive is your collection? I'm talking, obviously, about people who do this for non-commercial reasons. Models and the like are free to chime in, but I am really interested in the people who don't do it for the bucks...

And why do you take them? To pleasure yourself after the balloon fun? To share with partners, would-be partners, complete strangers? To freak out whomever finds that secret file folder?

Fair enough: I'll start. I have about 2000 pictures and video clips, taken from about 150 different ballooning sessions mostly over the last eight years. (I'm very selective of the photos that I keep, so that probably represents somewhere between 10000 and 20000 actual camera clicks.) None are sexually explicit; most aren't even risque! This is a pretty good example of how "naughty" I (don't) get...

Sorry about the blurred face BTW; trust you understand.

As far as why? I wish I could give a cogent answer. The only thing I know for sure is that it's not any sort of self-gratification. (Sadly, I don't appear to be my own type... sigh.) I do share some of them with a very select group of friends whom I trust not to broadcast them around. I use a couple as "calling cards" on balloon or fetish-oriented forums (including this one, of course).

Part of it is definitely just the unending need many transgender woman have for affirmation that you hopefully don't just look absolutely ridiculous. It's embarrassing to admit that even at my age that's still a motive, but it's true.

And part of it is positive encouragement. I was scared to death of balloons as a kid (and well past my childhood). Accidental pops still scare me, but looking at some of these pictures and seeing myself playing with - and in some cases surrounded by - a bunch of giant balloons is a nice reminder that "you've come a long way, baby!"

So... do tell!
Old 03-12-2021, 10:57 PM

craggy2012 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Self-photo collections
I usually take a couple of pics of sessions with an iPad- just a keepsake really.
Old 04-12-2021, 07:41 AM

OverTheTop is on a distinguished road
I often take photos or short videos of myself. Some I like to share with friends or looner communities, but many I keep for myself.

I can definitely feel that desire for affirmation as well - as I've transitioned and gained confidence it's become less significant, but it's still fun. As for the ones I don't share, I like to flip through them from time to time just to remind myself of some past fun, get some ideas, or just admire myself a bit - I am definitely my type, hah.

I have ~370 photos/videos in my library, mostly tending on the more NSFW side. I used to have many more than that, but I pared down some my collection a while ago (especially the old pre-transition ones) and lost some that weren't backed up as well.

Last edited by OverTheTop; 04-12-2021 at 07:45 AM.
Old 04-12-2021, 08:25 AM

heliumsitr68 is on a distinguished road
I have made a couple of videos (explicit) during my balloon sessions for "personal use" only . However , they were 20+ yrs. ago and still on VHS ! I've considered making some more but haven't actually done it .
Old 04-12-2021, 06:53 PM

randomlooner316 is on a distinguished road
I been to a few balloon gatherings with friends and took lots of pics to remember the good times. I have all the pictures I took from various Gatherings saved to Google Drive

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...8VTE7JcJ5WxoDK
Old 05-12-2021, 01:24 AM

Loonorm is on a distinguished road
Admittedly, yes made a few VHS videos of myself 20+ years ago. All, of course were popping videos, and then at the end I would ‘pop myself’, usually off camera, but a couple of times on. I really haven’t wanted to watch them, but they are there for posterity. I know that on one of the videos, I have a short clip from a local news report from a balloon convention that took place. The news reporter was absolutely amazing looking. When she made the comment about popping the balloons after the conference…well…LOL!
Old 19-12-2021, 05:00 PM

LoonerPlanet is on a distinguished road
I have been taking balloon photos for years, trying to get at least one image of various brands, shapes, colors, and prints. As a result, I have photos of balloons that are no longer available, such as the Tilly worker, Q24, Unique zeppelin, as well as prints like Kaboom Balloons and Balloons-United. Kind of nice to go back and relive those memories. I also have photos of my balloon rooms and helium balloons, as well as public balloon displays. I've shared some of these photos on Facebook.

I do have a few personal videos, but, frankly, I seem awkward in them. Much prefer the videos I can purchase online.
Old 19-12-2021, 08:19 PM

seattlelurker is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by LoonerPlanet View Post
I do have a few personal videos, but, frankly, I seem awkward in them. Much prefer the videos I can purchase online.
I think this is really something worth noting, especially when I (occasionally) see people complaining about the cost of fetish videos, or even the idea that they have to pay for them... I would say to all of us here in this online community, think about how awkward and poorly-shot your own personal videos can be, and then compare that to the professionally produced content you enjoy. It really makes you consider how much work the models have put into their on-camera presence, how much time and effort and money into setup and video equipment the producers have. I'm not saying there aren't shoddy videos and performers out there half-assing it, but when somebody talented and motivated comes along, it's worth respecting the effort that goes into their product. I have no problem "walking away from" and not supporting sloppy productions, but I certainly have no problem putting my money towards content producers working hard to do it right.

Sorry for the rant, and I'm (hopefully obviously) not accusing LoonerPlanet of any of the above, but I just wanted to say that I think you really hit upon an important point... it takes a surprising amount of work and talent to produce a good product, and we should all respect and support the peopleputting in the effort for our entertainment!
Old 19-12-2021, 10:50 PM

pinpopper is on a distinguished road
I often take pictures. It started as a way to keep some memories of special sessions such as where I would inflate lots, have some helium or just some big expensive balloons. For a while it became a big part of my looning ritual. Inflate balloons, take pictures, play and pop balloons. taking pictures is always good cause it extends the length of my looner sessions.
Old 20-12-2021, 12:07 PM

LoonerPlanet is on a distinguished road
I agree 100% with Seattlelurker: it isn't easy to make a good video. Even tougher, we are diverse community looking for different action. Thanks for reminding us.