Old 02-03-2020, 04:04 AM

Whoopsapopperlips is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Poor quality Qualatex balloons. What are your experiences last months?
Got some 36 inch from Bargain Balloons a little while ago.
Had some pops but they did have quite decent necks at the time.

-Wonít know how big itíll go unless you blow.
Old 02-03-2020, 04:01 PM

LoonerPlanet is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Poor quality Qualatex balloons. What are your experiences last months?
I share DeppLooner's disappointment with Qtex 16" balloons--they keep getting smaller with a shorter neck. I've attached a photo of an older clown print 16" that gives a sense of what they used to look like.

One interesting exception is the Qtex 16" pearls. The first inflation gives a tight, "smaller" balloon, but on the second and third inflation they get good size with a longer neck--more like the 18" stuffer (see other attached photo, but you can get these even bigger and more necked).

I've pretty much stopped buying Qtex. (I also find their 3 footer smaller than others and too round.) The drop is quality is another sad development.
Attached Images:
File Type: jpg IMG_2324.jpg (286.9 KB, 70 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5672.JPG (839.1 KB, 67 views)
Old 03-03-2020, 09:25 PM

IILoonerII is on a distinguished road
Ive never been a fan of Qualatex either.. I have tried their 36s and they never reached their rated size ever. And they were too firm and round. I even had one pop under me from just sitting on it (No bouncing) plenty of times. After that my interest dropped In them to not buy their balloons again. The uniques 36s seem more durable compared to qualatex which we know its not. But the uniques have the right balance plus they can get really big too.
Old 04-03-2020, 01:21 PM

Mazilon is on a distinguished road
Oh dear, what a pity. Last I had them they were great. I'm worried that the quality issues have also creeped into the 18" stuffers, which are my staple ride these days, but as I don't go through them terribly quickly, I don't yet have anything newer than from 2018 at the moment so I'll not find out till later.
Old 04-03-2020, 06:57 PM

SuTeKh is on a distinguished road
I honestly dont think i will get qualatex balloons again until they work out the defects i just got a bag of 36's and had one burst on me at maybe 18 inches fresh out of the bag. Ive seen others stating they burst early i used to like them but they have too many defects for my liking. Will probably stick to Tuftex since i never have issues with them! Wanna give the 36 inch tuftex a try! But i reccomend staying away from qtex atleast their 36 inch until the kinks are worked out of them
Old 07-03-2020, 11:22 PM

Big Thud Joe is on a distinguished road
I'm a casual balloon user now. Only use them on the occasional spontaineous whim. I'm mainly into PVC inflatables now, but when I do get the itch for a balloon, I still have a few hundred various qualatex 16 / 18 inches balloons from 2012, made in canada / usa. They all definitely have long necks.

When I do blow them up nowadays, it's usually when I've just got costumes and thongs on, something about overinflating a brand new Q16 / Q18 with a nice long neck, and banging it hard on the top portion of my foot / thong, around the section where the toe-strap is. Makes a huge loud thud, which get's me really hard, hense the user name. To the point of climaxing, I'll dig the balloon further into the top of the thong (not front), and once it's all over, the balloon is popped and tossed. Maybe the thinner balloons maybe okay for how I used them, but certainly hearing about the shorter necks on these now is a disappointment. I nearly bought a heap of Onyx Black Q18s and Jewel colour Magenta's last year from MSR Balloons, but for some reason, never went through with the order, now that I'm reading this post, I'm glad I didn't bother.

When my remaining stock runs out, or they turn bad from age, will most probably go over to the Cattex 36 inch or 42 inch long necks. At the moment just completely fantasising of making love to one of those babies, but got way too much general life activity going on at present.
Old 28-03-2020, 04:09 AM

NEKOCC is on a distinguished road
More and more friends of mine suggest me to buy Tuftex balloons, but this brand is expensive and very few seller sell them in my country.
I always buy local brand balloons. These balloons are not designed for a looner, but if I pay some extra money, the seller will print picture for me(the picture is provided by me). I think it is more fun than play with a non-print looner balloon
Old 28-03-2020, 10:11 AM

Eastlooner is on a distinguished road
Complete agree with you. I have bought some Q16 from KBI a few years ago (2011-12) and recently (2018,2019) from german looner shops. I haven't found any major problems with these recently bought (no holes, surface is without church windows or spots), but they do not reach rated size with first inflation, don't have necks as before. It looks that the latex is thinner than before and aging is not the reason- older ones are thicker and form necks with ease.