Old 13-02-2020, 11:32 AM

Marlo14 is on a distinguished road
Default Getting over your fear of popping balloon
Hey,
How did you guys get over your fear of popping balloon? I am still plugging my ears when I pop them and my goal is to B2P.
Is there people here that have never been scared of popping them?
Old 13-02-2020, 02:02 PM

lyckr is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Getting over your fear of popping balloon
I'm usually quite fearless, as long as I have earplugs in. Exception is b2p, which I still only manage on rare occasions. If the loud noise bothers you, I don't think you should get rid of the hearing protection (if anything, I would recommend always using it for the sake of safety). Just keep trying to pop your balloons, if you enjoy doing so. It gets easier with practice and the first one in a session is always the most difficult one. Once one goes bang, I usually prove to myself that it isn't actually very scary, so it just gets easier from there.
Old 13-02-2020, 03:24 PM

wildheart is on a distinguished road
Practice. Lot of practice. Start off with sharp object popping, then move on to more unpredictable pops such as sit pops before attempting a b2p. If you drink, alcohol certainly helps, just don’t have too much. It definitely gets easier with time but the fear is unlikely to go away completely. That’s probably a good thing because the fear adds excitement.

Just noticed you’re from Canada, if you smoke weed, that can help too, but it can also do the opposite. The rare times I’ve done it, I’ve had waves of fearlessness and anxiety and the pop seemed way louder and I jumped a lot more than usual. Obviously the goal is to do it sober, but having some popping experience makes it easier.

Last edited by wildheart; 13-02-2020 at 03:28 PM.
Old 13-02-2020, 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by lyckr View Post
I'm usually quite fearless, as long as I have earplugs in. Exception is b2p, which I still only manage on rare occasions. If the loud noise bothers you, I don't think you should get rid of the hearing protection (if anything, I would recommend always using it for the sake of safety). Just keep trying to pop your balloons, if you enjoy doing so. It gets easier with practice and the first one in a session is always the most difficult one. Once one goes bang, I usually prove to myself that it isn't actually very scary, so it just gets easier from there.
Thank you so much for your reply!! I love popping balloon so I will probably try smaller and then go bigger balloon!
Old 13-02-2020, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by wildheart View Post
Practice. Lot of practice. Start off with sharp object popping, then move on to more unpredictable pops such as sit pops before attempting a b2p. If you drink, alcohol certainly helps, just donít have too much. It definitely gets easier with time but the fear is unlikely to go away completely. Thatís probably a good thing because the fear adds excitement.

Just noticed youíre from Canada, if you smoke weed, that can help too, but it can also do the opposite. The rare times Iíve done it, Iíve had waves of fearlessness and anxiety and the pop seemed way louder and I jumped a lot more than usual. Obviously the goal is to do it sober, but having some popping experience makes it easier.
Thank you for the reply! Really appreciated!! I have maybe popped at least 200 balloon and I am still scared! I did improvement thats for sure but I just love seing them pop. The fear definitely adds LOTS of excitements. I have actually never thought of Alcohol or weed since they are legal in Canada. Thank you again!
Old 15-02-2020, 01:53 PM

wildheart is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Marlo14 View Post
Thank you for the reply! Really appreciated!! I have maybe popped at least 200 balloon and I am still scared! I did improvement thats for sure but I just love seing them pop. The fear definitely adds LOTS of excitements. I have actually never thought of Alcohol or weed since they are legal in Canada. Thank you again!
Donít over do it, but alcohol definitely helps. On New Years I may have done alcohol and weed together and popped loads. Got in a trance and lost almost all fear at one point. Just donít make it a regular thing.
Old 15-02-2020, 05:40 PM

somerando is on a distinguished road
I'd say try to figure out what scares you most first. If it's the loud noise of the bang, try popping less inflated balloons will a needle or something, the more you get used to it the less afraid you'll be. If it's the fear of the popping being painful (popping in your face or something), then I'd recommend popping a balloon with a sharp object while blowing it up. Essentially, pop balloons of your own volition until you feel confident enough to pop them accidentally. Good luck!
Old 15-02-2020, 09:50 PM

lyckr is on a distinguished road
When it comes to blow to pops, if you're worried about pieces of latex hitting your face (the pieces will in most cases go away from you, but it might still happen), I would recommend wearing safety glasses. Or you could do like I did when I did my first ever blow to pop on purpose: make a mask out of cardboard and just make a hole to put the balloon in your mouth
Old 16-02-2020, 01:39 PM

brink99 is on a distinguished road
What about my neigbours, I don't dare to pop, because everyone here can here it???
Any tips or is it just in my head?
Old 17-02-2020, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by wildheart View Post
Donít over do it, but alcohol definitely helps. On New Years I may have done alcohol and weed together and popped loads. Got in a trance and lost almost all fear at one point. Just donít make it a regular thing.
What do you thing sould be best between weed and alcohol? I might try both and see! Donít make what a regular thing?