So how do you call a person only attracted by balloons?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Asclepio
    • Sep 2018

So how do you call a person only attracted by balloons?

So if one person doesn’t turn one by anything and ONLY and I mean really just Balloons............... it is still a fetish? Or it is called different?
    A looner looking for fun, against violence or people with hightened moral idealism…. I just care about loons, so don’t ruin the fun.
  • TheMole
    • Nov 2019

Re: So how do you call a person only attracted by balloons?

It’d be a paraphilia at that point. Depending on whether or not it effects the person negatively it could possibly be considered a mental illness.

Comment

• Common Loon
      • Aug 2020

The diagnostic manual (DSM-5) agrees with your last point: it doesn't rise to the level of a psychiatric *disorder* unless it impairs normal social/behavioral/professional function.

On the first point, I think it's the other way around: Paraphilias is a broader category than fetishes. Paraphilia means, essentially, "intense sexual attraction to something beyond actual, consensual, genital stimulation." Basically, "finding something besides sex to be intensely sexy." I'd wager that that includes all of us on this forum

Fetish is a narrower category within paraphilia: fetish means a "repetitive use, or reliance, on specific objects or specific nonsexual body parts to create sexual arousal." It seems like this would be the category you're asking about -- someone who *needs* balloons to get aroused, who can't function sexually without them, would be defined as a balloon fetishist, clinically speaking.

Of course, in the popular culture the word "fetish" is used by most people to mean what "paraphilia" means to clinicians. Most "balloon fetishists" do experience typical sexual function without balloons, for example, but the word has taken on the colloquial meaning that matches the clinical definition of paraphilia instead.

Comment

• Dust of the Saturn
        Stretched like space-time
        • Feb 2018

i think that person would be classified as an asexual person with a balloon fetish. much like the grim looner.
        And I ask myself, why? and all I hear is the cold, dead silence of the cosmos.

Comment

• StretchEmerald
          • Jul 2019

Originally posted by loonerfun00
          i think that person would be classified as an asexual person with a balloon fetish. much like the grim looner.
          Agreed – I know a fair few ace people with fetishes, and balloons certainly don't seem unthinkable there.

Comment

• scamper
            • Jul 2016

Sounds like me. I am obsess with balloons, not others. I do fanicisze have a mate.

Comment

• LoonerHans
              • Oct 2018

Well I've met a lot of people who love balloons, popping them, blowing them, but they don't "enjoy" the way we do. I mean, their enjoyment is just for getting mental pleasure unlike us. We do for sexual pleasure.

If these people ever come to know abt our fetish, either they feel disgusted or would be curious to know more. A very thin chance of them becoming a looner though.
              Last edited by LoonerHans; 03-11-2020, 05:02. Reason: Missing word
              NECKING IS AWESOME!

Comment

Working...
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢
              😎
              😞
              😡
              👍