• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scuba
    • Jan 2017

Re: Helium balloons are better

You are absolutly right.
    There is something magic about helium balloons
    I can't resist pulling in the string of a helium balloon is i come near one. Just to feel the upward pull. It's the same and reason that i float with balloons in water.
    The boyant force makes the balloon interact in a whole new way and that is why i like floating on a GL1200 balloon so much.
    But still. It could be so cool to have enough helium and balloons to float up in the air

Comment

• BalloonBoyUK
      Banned
      • Dec 2018

Hi,

I love helium balloons too! I prefer latex ones to foils/Mylars, but foils/Mylars can be nice on special occasions. (I only wish someone would design a giant, round/heart-shaped, foil balloon that was 5ft or 6ft in size! That would look amazing! )

I'm very lucky, in that I live on my own, and so I now have my own helium cylinder! It's a 30-litre cylinder, which holds approximately 7.82 cubic metres of helium, or enough to inflate roughly 550 x 12" round latex balloons!

Hiring helium here in the UK isn't easy or cheap, but for about £300 a year, I get my own cylinder, and one 30-litre cylinder will usually last me about 10 months. So, at £30 a month, or £5.76 per calendar week, I can have helium balloons whenever I want.

It certainly comes in useful over Christmas/New Year. I tend to blow-up 3ft/36" Qualatex rounds, treat them with Hi-Float (a liquid gel, that coats the inside of the balloon, and stops the helium gas from leaking out as quickly), and a single 6ft balloon will then float for between 2 and 3 months!

I find it really relaxing blowing-up balloons with helium, though as a strict non-popper, I always underinflate my balloons, because I'm scared of them popping.

BalloonBoyUK

Comment

• MichaelLoona

Originally posted by Bubblyzzz
        I like helium balloons blown up tight enough to have some necks. I think they are prettier that way
        Oh I agree 100%. Helium balloons are way more prettier when inflated tight with a neck. Thats how I try to do mine anyway , although I have to be cautious not push them to the extreme limit as I use Hi Float. I cant imagine what kind of mess it would leave if the balloon popped.

Comment

• MichaelLoona

Originally posted by Heliumlooner
          After reading this im probably going to pick up a helium tank that ive been looking at on craigslist, just imagine wanting a 12inch, and having the power to just inflate one right at the moment. would you happen to know how much it would cost to refill a decent sized helium tank.
          I would just call your local welding gas supply store and ask them as I really don't know the going price for helium right now, but they should be able to tell you for the size tank you want to be filled. You also might want to ask if they would fill that tank that you're eyeing on craigslist just to be sure.

Comment

• PBK
            • Mar 2019

Helium balloons take on a life of their own. Take them outside on a breezy day, place them near an open window or turn a fan on and watch them gently sway in the breeze. Captivating and it's something I could stare at for hours.

Comment

• Big Balloons!
              • Jul 2016

Originally posted by PBK
              Helium balloons take on a life of their own. Take them outside on a breezy day, place them near an open window or turn a fan on and watch them gently sway in the breeze. Captivating and it's something I could stare at for hours.
              Same for me, they are wonderful to watch just bobbing around and get me excited

Comment

• Carlos
                • Nov 2016

Successful trip to the party store today, finally found one that had helium. Guy working there said my TT17's would pop before they got to 17 inches so he told me he'd do 16 inches to start. I was going to press him for 17 but at 16 inches I started losing my nerve too!
                Attached Files

Comment

• scuba
                  • Jan 2017

There is a store about twenty minutters drive from where i live.
                  They sell a 819 liter tank of helium for 650 danish kroner (that is about 100 us $) . I am very tempted to buy a tank or two and try inflating one of my GL1200 balloons with helium.
                  I am just afraid that i would end up in my inflatable latex fox catsuit filling that with the helium instead..
                  Have any of you tried inflating a GL1200 balloon with helium?
                  I bet I would have a pretty strong upward pull

Comment

• PBK
                    • Mar 2019

I'm a big time helium enthusiast. It is expensive and there is a little work involved with the cylinder handling and transport, but, ladies and gentlemen it is totally worth it!
                    I keep the largest size of cylinder the local gas supply company rents on hand at all times and combined with Hi-Float my helium bunches stay aloft, bright and tight for weeks, sometimes months.
                    Presently my newest helium bunch is a bunch of 4 TT 24" of various colours with 16 17" TT rounds that are a combination of plain and jewel tone, printed and non-printed (just got the TufTex Mardi-Gras and St. Patrick's Day themed TufTex's. They look great! I love the jewel Mardi Gras 17's) topped with a yellow Party City 24". All inflated by my wonderful wife who really knows how to coax neck on those TufTex 17's and 24's.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    😂
                    🥰
                    😘
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😞
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎