Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • heaviest
    • Jun 2018

Re: swim rings

Frank, those things look like they would hold. Looks like the main glove part has a symmetric outer seam. Irregular shapes bear the load unevenly no matter how careful you are, but symmetric shapes will take a lot of weight.

Comment

• heaviest
      • Jun 2018

Found those heart-shaped slim rings on Amazon from three different brands, all seem to be the same ring. I have some china imported inflatables so I know how this works. They buy them in bulk and put them in their own packaging.

These are all rated at 440 pounds, which gives me a target to over-shoot. There's not enough air in such a slim inflatable to hold that much weight, except that it relies on most of your weight on the water, so it's just adding some air to your natural buoyancy. Same with all swim rings, but with normal swim rings it's easy for a large person to not fit in the hole and have to sit on top rather than through the hole, which overloads the thing pretty easily. The heart floats, though, have a large opening. Challenge accepted! They're about as big as a large tube in one direction, and slightly smaller in the other direction.

I think my partner will mostly fit in the hole, and she's not much over 440, anyway. But others in my group, including myself, are bigger than that. Can't wait to try these out!

One of the brands says it'll hold two adults. We'll see about that.

Comment

• heaviest
        • Jun 2018

I ordered more of the Big Mouth jellyfish when I thought it had held both me and my partner. Turned out after a single session with it it had developed a small hole at a t-intersection of the seams, so I no longer held high hopes for them. But I had them, and 690 pound "spry girl" was here, so I figured we'd just pop one.

It's a somewhat odd shaped ring, about as big around as a 47 inch ring but much taller. The thing has two inner seams, with a panel between them, so the inflatable is super tall for a ring. It's also made of thinner vinyl than you'd think for such a big inflatable. You really sink into it, and you really feel the weight of your partner on it with you.

This woman outweighs me by 100 pounds. Outweighs my partner by 240. She sat on one side of the tube, overlapping the entire hole and still hanging way off the side of the thing, and leaving me not a lot of room to get on it with her. And when she did sit, I saw the pattern on the top of the unloaded section stretch way the hell out of shape. And she had so much of it covered that she didn't bottom out. Fought to roll toward the center of it so she could lift her outer leg on top of her other one, getting all of her weight on the inflatable. Bottomed out on her hip and had to squirm around to spread the load again, suspending herself off the floor. The thing twisted and distorted and made popping noises against her skin as she moved. The unloaded side was huge, and twisted so that you could see more of the bottom than you should have been able to.

I was going to sit on the bulging unloaded side, but she wanted me to sit on her. She squirmed some more, shifting her weight back some so she could level her legs and still keep them on the inflatable. She's so big on bottom she doesn't have much of a lap, so I had decided I'd lay on top of her rather than sit on her. I was deciding bottom down or belly down when the thing exploded. Boom!

Outer seam split, centered on one of those t-seams.

Comment

• heaviest
          • Jun 2018

Intex 36 inch rings are 32 inches inflated. 690 pound "spry girl" is a little wider than that. It's awesome to see her sit on them. And they'll hold her for at least a while if she loads it evenly. Once she's comfortable that it's holding her, she'll spread her legs wider so she can sit up, which hides the ring even more. She'll get her weight off her hands as she sits up, and then she'll kick her feet out. Now all her weight is on the inflatable.

When it still holds, she'll rock a bit. Press her legs together and then apart, trying to get that tubby booming noise of skin against vinyl. WHen it still holds, she'll lean to one side, move the less loaded leg against the vinyl, then lean the other way and do it again, shifting her weight back. Now it isn't loaded evenly. It's flattened under her butt and bulging under her legs.

If it holds, she'll move her legs to make boomy noises, or she'll scoot forward and unevenly load it in the other direction, or she'll lean more heavily on one leg. But once she's gotten this rough with it, it doesn't generally last long.

Another way to pop them without unevenly loading them is to bounce her legs at just the right speed so she gets a resonant bounce with her full weight.

We did about five of them before we got to the one I had reinforced with vinyl cement. This one she got really rough with, but didn't unevenly load it all that much. We stretched it, added air, stretched it some more, added air, stretched it some more, added air. It was huge, and she just sat on it without abusing it. After she'd been on it a good long time, it was bulging behind her and between her legs, and we'll see how permanent that shape is.

These tubes start at about 26 1/2 inches around. After this session, this tube, after reinflating three times, was 31 1/2 at its smallest, and 36 at its largest, unloaded. So unevenly stretched it looks like it was run over by a truck. I had previously stretched it and forgot to measure how much was permanent before starting with spry girl, so I'll be sure to let this one recover and measure it.
          Last edited by heaviest; 21-01-2021, 23:23.

Comment

• heaviest
            • Jun 2018

I never did describe what happened to the seam-reinforced 36 inch tube after the 700 pound woman sat on it. After recovering as much as it was going to recover, and letting air out as it un-stretched over time, it ended up being very unevenly permanently stretched. It was 27 1/2 inches at the smallest part (from new at 26 1/2 inches) and 30 inches at the largest, and the largest permanent bulge kinda puckered a bit until you overinflate the thing to 28 inches (smallest part) and 32 inches (largest bulge). So there was quite a bit of permanent stretch. It still looks like it was run over by a truck, but it isn't as big as it was at the end of the session.

She sat on it again very recently. A little bit delicately, but had her full weight on it right away. Had the tube on a round island float so she didn't have a long way to fall, and she bounced and fell backward on landing. Sat back up, with my help, and squirmed over it to sit upright, making those boomy noises of skin on vinyl, got the thing completely covered under her butt and thighs, and it popped. She's way over 700 pounds now, but the difference from last session, which lasted a long time and didn't pop the tube, is luck, not weight. Super cool to watch a person that big sit on a small inflatable. She's wider than the tube and it disappears into the island float under her. Very bouncy!

Now some off-topic talk of my other obsession, super sized women...

I've lost 40 pounds, my partner has lost 30, the woman I've called 205-pound woman has lost 55! But "spry girl" has gained 55. She's now 745 pounds. She's almost as thick as she is wide and has a tight squeeze through doorways, even sideways. About 37 inches wide, 31 inches deep, 105 inch hips, and she sits on inflatables for me!

She has three pair of her panties at my house. The most basic ones, plain nylon granny panties, spread out on my table, are 35 inches wide and 20 inches tall. The waist elastic is 54 inches unstretched (27 inches across on my table), and stretched as much as possible goes to about 100 inches. Good thing fat is squishy or she wouldn't get them over her hips. The nylon stretches to over 100 inches no problem, so they fit her hips, but the leg elastic is so tight she can't pull them up as high as she wants, so the waist band digs into her, half way between her hips and waist.

The pair that fits the best lays slightly smaller on my table but stretches more. These are also granny panties, but are microfiber and have fancy lace on the front. They stretch so much around that they get short in height and fit her like a bikini, but they aren't unreasonably tight. It's exciting to think there's a market for panties that large! The third pair is the smallest and the fanciest, some kind of microfiber and cotton and lace, and she can get into them but they are super tight and don't fully cover her butt or fit well over her belly.

There is a market for stylish yoga pants and leggings for women up to about 500 pounds, and I've seen 600 pound women squeeze into them, but there is now a company that makes yoga pants for women up to about 600 pounds, and the woman I know as "tall girl", about 620 pounds, wears them. They're tight, so we assumed they wouldn't fit "spry girl", who is only 125 pounds larger, and a lot shorter, but even more bottom heavy. We tried to get her in them. It was fun to watch and help, but she didn't come close to fitting. Until recently she was able to get into more casual cotton? yoga pants that just stretched a lot more, but now she has stretch pants custom made. She wears dresses as shirts. They are stretched so much around her middle that they wear really short and barely cover her butt. So, they are dresses but wear like shirts. She's got a shelf of a butt that is so thick that when she sits next to you she looks really tall. She sits so tall she can't get her head into a car. She travels by mini van and is as wide as the lift gate.

And this lovely woman sits on inflatables with me!

Comment

• heaviest
              • Jun 2018

Originally posted by heaviest
              Pool Central 49 inch (inflated size) lemon slice float. It's got nine radial segments separated by support veins, and a small, inner, circular section. One chamber. It's a single person float rated at 176 pounds, and indeed it's probably not big enough to fit two people in the pool
              The guy I've called Big Guy has gotten his hands on a box of twelve similar floats, probably a china import. About 45 inches inflated, nice and thick, eight radial segments and a circular center, all one chamber. Not particularly attractive, but very nice as an inflatable for large people to sit on. I like single chamber floats because you can really feel the weight of someone on it with you, and the smaller number of internal i-beams the better, because the segments will bulge more and the beams and seams will be under more stress.

The 745-pound woman I've called Spry Girl has been on one. She's 37 inches wide, standing, and gets wider when she sits. She's almost as wide as this float in her butt, and maybe wider than it in the thighs. Even lying on her side she nearly covers it, but scooted to one side to reveal as much vinyl as she can, the radial segments bulge against the i-beams so much that you can see the shape of the ones on the bottom. There might be room for me to balance on the edge of the float with her if I lean on my hip.

Also a photo of her laying on her belly, with the weight of her bottom half on one side of the float, her feet up in the air, and the radial segments bulging under her much lighter top half. Another of her on her hip, focusing her weight on half the float so the other half bulges. Looks impressive, but I know it'll take that much weight no problem. Have to get on it with her.

Anyway, I look forward to getting my hands on one of these.

Comment

• heaviest
                • Jun 2018

I was at the pool a couple times July 4 weekend. Saw a few interesting things. Three guys, two of them in speedos, perhaps 170 and 220 pounds, and one in a suit not a lot more substantial than a speedo, about 350 pounds, spent a lot of time on swim rings and air mattresses. The two smaller of them tried lots of ways of both getting on a 47-inch donut. Worked it a few ways. Pairs including the heaviest of them didn't work as well, but they put a lot of effort into it and it was fun to watch.

There was an inflatable banana, with side thingies for stabilization. It was still really unstable and hardly anyone make the effort to stay on it. But a woman of about 300 pounds spent a lot of time on it. The thing was really large around with no internal ribbing, so it stretched into a saddle shape, the part she was sitting on not stretching as much as the ends. Someone took this to mean it was leaking and added air, so for the rest of the day it was way overinflated and even more unstable. She did get back on it. Two other women got on it together. It didn't belong to me or anyone in my party, so I stayed off it for a long time, but I did try it. Couldn't resist. 300 pound woman was a bit too heavy for it, so I certainly was. Felt like balancing on overinflated and mostly submerged inflatables was my special skill lol, so I was disappointed to not be able to stay on it.

There was a photo shoot on the lawn with four large inflatables and about twelve people sitting on them. Nothing seriously overloaded for the shoot, but afterwards, six of them, including the above-mentioned guys, piled onto one swan. Didn't pop it. Not sure if they were trying to pop it. It was super stretched afterwards and maybe they thought they had popped it, but it mostly recovered.

Comment

• heaviest
                  • Jun 2018

I think I've described disappointing online videos before. Here's a few I don't think I've mentioned. First is a woman just over 600 pounds in a bikini walking around a pool, past an inflatable mermaid tail, which is like a swim ring with a tail, and past a donut-printed ring, about 42 inches...and then she just does a cannon ball into the pool. Fun, but yet another failed opportunity to put a big woman on an inflatable. This is a woman who has done inflatable videos before, and in fact also in the frame is a unicorn she's been on, probably in the same shoot. That video was disappointing, too, as it was not fully inflated. Or maybe it was stretched. Point being, if I was there, it'd have been fully inflated before she got on it! Had I been there, I'd have asked her to get on the mermaid tail and the donut ring, too!

The next is a woman built like the woman I've called Tall Girl, and the woman in the video is also tall, about 600 pounds. There's a photo shoot of her with a donut ring with bite out of it that I haven't seen, but the video from the shoot shows her sitting on one side of the ring at the edge of the pool, making popping noises with her skin against the vinyl. Very nice. Then she describes the problem she has trying to sit on it in the pool. It just runs away from her. She demonstrates. Basically, she tries not very hard at all to get on it in the pool, and we never see her on it.

Next is a pool party of large women. Very short clips of the women on inflatables, but the heaviest of them don't get on the inflatables. Don't even get in the pool. Two of them, each over 600 pounds, are filmed together and I just have to imagine the both of them on an inflatable, 'cause we don't get to see it. You get all these heavy women together at a pool, with inflatables, and nothing is popped? Ugh.

Another is a photo shoot for a clothing brand. Two swan floats, multiple heavy women. The heaviest they film on a swan is maybe 450 pounds. The center of it looks overloaded and the head is leaning back and the tail sticking up in the air, very nice, but I know that float will hold the heaviest woman present of 600 pounds. There is also a photo shoot of two women sitting on a swan outside the pool, neither of them particularly large, maybe 500 pounds between them. They could have had two heavier women do this shoot.

Comment

• heaviest
                    • Jun 2018

Saw a chubby woman sitting on a glitter-filled inflatable chair at the pool. It was one of those ones that look kinda like a bean bag chair. She looked familiar. A woman of about 400 pounds joined her, and I definitely recognized her. These are the women I found last year sitting on 36 inch tire tubes. The smaller woman pulled herself more onto the chair, and the heavier one sat half on her belly, half on her lap. The chair rolled far enough forward that they weren't stable, so they got up and repositioned themselves even higher on the chair, and the heavier woman again sat on the smaller one, not particularly delicately. They sat like that for a long time, the smaller woman with her arms around the belly of the heavier one, her arms barely reaching. Totally chill like it's no big deal.

Comment

• heaviest
                      • Jun 2018

There were two very overinflated donut swim rings at the pool today, the kind with the bite out of them. Pink, 36 inchers. Inflated to the point where the outer seam isn't puckered. They looked distorted because the part with the bite is smaller around and doesn't stretch as much. They seemed to belong to a woman of about 150 pounds and another of about 250. The smaller woman floated in them normally. 36 inchers aren't really big enough for adults but someone that size can float pretty easily in them. A tight fit, but I've seen weight ratings of 180 for those things. The heavier woman didn't fit in them and couldn't stay on them sitting on them, but did float by laying belly-down on it. The darn things were cool to look at even unloaded, looked like they should blow before they were loaded, but chubby woman on them was really exciting. Didn't pop them, though.

Comment

• heaviest
                        • Jun 2018

The Intex sit-n-float is like half a swim ring with a seat slung in the middle of it. It's wider than I thought. I've now seen two small women to sit in it. Looks overloaded with 250-ish pounds on it, but I've seen a video of a woman twice that in it, too. The "arms" twist and the front of them go under water, but much of the weight is in the water and not on the inflatable, so it'll hold that much. So it's not a surprise, but I've now seen a guy of about 400 pounds in one. The seat is reputed to rip out of these, but I haven't seen that happen.

Comment

• Big Thud Joe
                          • May 2017

Looking forward to digging out one of my very thin / stretchy aussie flag 38 inch swim rings soon, inflating it as hard as hell, and throwing it around my naked torso, while just out of a shower. (body feels like silk during spring). body goes through a huge libido, and then I'll start clawing like no tomorrow, PVC grones and squeaks very loudly, plastic under my fingers melts and gets even thinner and stretchier, climax to all fuck - for me the ultimate experience in getting off on an inflatable ring.

Comment

• heaviest
                            • Jun 2018

I see on intex's website they are rating most of their inflatables at 220 pounds, 440 for the two-person floats. The 36 inch tubes they are only rating at 132 pounds. The large tubes with handles at 220. The large tubes without handles are unrated. The one-person flamingo is 220, the two-person is 440. Mermaid tail 220. pillow-back chair 220. The sit-n-float 220. Popsicle 220. Lollipop way under-rated at 220. Economat is a very optimistic 220. They rate these for stability, not for popping. These are nowhere near enough weight to burst them lol.

The beds are 300 for twin, 600 everything else.
                            Last edited by heaviest; 05-09-2021, 04:37.

Comment

• PVC Vinyl Enthusiast
                              PVC Fetish
                              • Jan 2013

Originally posted by Big Thud Joe
                              Looking forward to digging out one of my very thin / stretchy aussie flag 38 inch swim rings soon, inflating it as hard as hell, and throwing it around my naked torso, while just out of a shower. (body feels like silk during spring). body goes through a huge libido, and then I'll start clawing like no tomorrow, PVC grones and squeaks very loudly, plastic under my fingers melts and gets even thinner and stretchier, climax to all fuck - for me the ultimate experience in getting off on an inflatable ring.
                              I love the noise that certain types of PVC/vinyl make. Usually, it is the shiny/glossy and clear PVC. Canvas, flocked, frosted or matte PVC has no appeal to me at all. The shiny/glossy PVC tends to be soft, smooth and makes a nice creaking/squeaking/rustling noise when handled.

One thing I hate about current-day inflatables is that they tend to have massive warnings printed on them, which significantly detracts from their appearance. What on earth are the manufacturers in China thinking? Not all consumers/people are imbeciles who need 'NannyState' to tell them how to think and how to be safe. A simple paper safety advice sheet accompanying the boxed inflatable would suffice. Or, place the warnings and safety advice on the box.
                              Enjoy soft, shiny and smooth PVC (inflatables and clothing). The 6P-free/10P-free material is total rubbish.

Comment

• heaviest
                                • Jun 2018

Originally posted by PVC Vinyl Enthusiast
                                I love the noise that certain types of PVC/vinyl make. Usually, it is the shiny/glossy and clear PVC. Canvas, flocked, frosted or matte PVC has no appeal to me at all. The shiny/glossy PVC tends to be soft, smooth and makes a nice creaking/squeaking/rustling noise when handled.
                                I like the sound a smooth vinyl makes when you trap a loaded inflatable hard against the skin and then rub it. That boomy popping noise.

One thing I hate about current-day inflatables is that they tend to have massive warnings printed on them, which significantly detracts from their appearance.
                                I have mixed feelings about them. They detract from the look of the float, but they look awesome when they are stretched unevenly. A float LOOKS stressed when the thing bulges against the inner baffles, and when any print on it is stretched and distorted.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎