Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HeliumLover
    • Jul 2018

Help identifying an old video?

This was one of the first balloon videos I ever saw, and I've always wondered who this girl was/what studio she was from. Any help would be appreciated!
  • Harley
    • Jan 2016

Re: Help identifying an old video?

Wonderful old clip, that! According to my collection, her model name was Paris, and she was featured in a couple of videos and photosets on a long-gone site called Balloondesire - the year was 2004, if my files kept the right date.
    Later their material showed up on another paysite that either bought up their archive or outright pirated it. I think that one mainly used Thai models (asian, at any rate) for their new material, but I didn't keep any of it since it was of decidedly lower quality. Can't even recall the name of that place, but the Paris video could have come from either there or the previosly mentioned Balloondesire.

Comment

• HeliumLover
      • Jul 2018

Thank you!! I wasn't able to find anything with a Google search, but I'll keep looking.

Comment

• Harley
        • Jan 2016

Good luck!
        I've some observations about older stuff in general: The early to mid-noughties (before the arrival of Clips4Sale and the advent of Youtube) gave rise to several smaller sites catering to looners, most of them pretty short-lived. Some appeared to be cash-grabs while others had what seemed like a genuine belief in the concept. But since the market wasn't huge and the availability period limited, I doubt many purchased (and even fewer kept) the material.
        Filesharing was not a big thing back then so the producers likely vanished from lack of sales and competition with the larger, more established and better updated sites. Joining a site to access the archives was usually worth the money, but renewing the membership at the same cost for just a few updates made return customers rarer - especially since it could be a gamble if there'd be any more content at all. That's one of the main reasons selling individual clips became more of a norm, as soon as the storage and transfer tech was up to scratch. As a bonus, this made longer clips in higher quality viable and the smaller sites just couldn't compete with that.
        Since it's been so many years, I've no idea how many (if any) traces of those sites remain online - I believe there might be some link collection on waybackmachine but all that would net you are some names.

Sorry for the long post, I got nostalgic thinking of those days and pondering the ever-shifting online landscape. Is Internet Archeology a thing yet? Something like that might be required to unearth a view of the looner market from twenty years ago...

Comment

• HeliumLover
          • Jul 2018

I used Wayback Machine and ended up finding the front page of their old site, but sadly wasn't able to find any video clips... I hope they end up resurfacing someday!

Comment

• Tath
            • Sep 2018

The next fun questions is which sites do you remember fondly?

Balloon Ecstasy, Balloon Frenzy & Goth Balloons are ones I liked who had some mixed quality.

Italoon's is the only one of the old style paysites which is still around that I know about. I have videos of theirs as old as 2004.

The highest quality of the studios from the mid 2000s and easily my favorite was Balloons Elevator. They had the best sets and the girls were having more fun than in a lot of the other content from that time.

Comment

• HeliumLover
              • Jul 2018

Oh wow, I loved Ecstasy, Italoon, and Elevator! Elevator often had helium clips and I loved those. Tara Bush will always be another favorite of mine, and I remember when Alissa first did content, such as the long neck tutorial.

Comment

• Miliyana
                • Dec 2021

Originally posted by Tath
                The next fun questions is which sites do you remember fondly?

Balloon Ecstasy, Balloon Frenzy & Goth Balloons are ones I liked who had some mixed quality.

Italoon's is the only one of the old style paysites which is still around that I know about. I have videos of theirs as old as 2004.

The highest quality of the studios from the mid 2000s and easily my favorite was Balloons Elevator. They had the best sets and the girls were having more fun than in a lot of the other content from that time.
                I'm so glad someone else remembers GothBalloons, I thought I was alone! I remember one girl on that site vividly. Think she was known as Lovely Black Widow, and she was in the banner at the top of the front page. Finding anything about her is like finding goldust though.

Comment

• 7balloon
                  • Dec 2018

The first thing I ever ordered online was a Bare Balloons Babes VHS from Frazier photography. I still have 5 of their vhs tapes, though nowhere to play them. Risque Renee out of Vegas was a year or two later. I have two or three VHS tapes from her.

This was from the days where America Online was the main way to get online. It was dialup and a 30 meg file would take the day to download.

Comment

• stretchedtight
                    • Apr 2013

Originally posted by 7balloon
                    The first thing I ever ordered online was a Bare Balloons Babes VHS from Frazier photography. I still have 5 of their vhs tapes, though nowhere to play them. Risque Renee out of Vegas was a year or two later. I have two or three VHS tapes from her.

This was from the days where America Online was the main way to get online. It was dialup and a 30 meg file would take the day to download.
                    Same for me. First vids from Frazier and RR and then Mellyloon. I had a box of VHS tapes and no VCR, I eventually sold them to another Looner.

Comment

• greypopper
                      • Sep 2023

yes thats from Balloondesire. The original clip of Paris is actually a bit longer. Balloondesire really made some great videos.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      😂
                      🥰
                      😘
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😞
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎