X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • palloncino90
    • Jan 2018

Your experience with Unique 16"

Hi guys,
    I know there are many threads about this and I know that if we are speaking about non-popper the Unique balloons aren't recommend but I guess many of non-popper tried it. I follow on social media Tamafu and they use Unique balloons and look sooo sexy, huge and I love their shape so I get crazy I would love them but so scared about premature pop, as we spoke several times. I'm just curious to know your personal experience with (as non-popper and popper too) thanks.
    I want to live surrounded of big and colorful balloons
  • Meililoon
    aka lyckr
    • Sep 2014

Re: Your experience with Unique 16"

In my experience, Unique are a bit hit and miss, but the quality seems better now than before. I've had a few unexpected pops, but I also have a tendency to overinflate them without really noticing, because they're so soft. If you think you can live through a pop here and there, then I would definitely recommend them. They can get quite big and the crystal colors looks amazing. When you get good ones, they can also take a beating. I've been riding some that was inflated to at least 18" and they still didn't pop (keep in mind that I'm quite light and don't usually ride balloons very aggressively). As I mentioned, they're also usually really soft at rated size.

Comment

• palloncino90
      • Jan 2018

Thank you for your response. Honestly I'm a bit terrified of they will pop prematurely, I'm not gonna play rough with them but I would like to inflate them quite big, at least see the neck. I see sometimes in clips they pop when still in a small size but in other clips they being so sexy. I should overcome my fear, wishing i get a good quality, i don't want miss them ��

Comment

• LoonerPlanet
        • Nov 2018

I, too, used to avoid Uniques. They were highly unpredictable. However, the most recent ones that I have purchased have been GREAT. They still feel thin, but are proving to be very nonpopper friendly. I inflate them slowly to size and I have yet to have a pop. I've even had them around successfully for several days, adding a few breathes when the balloon didn't fill reasonably tight. They also seem to float with helium as long as the 17" Tuftex.

If you need a good sized neck, I would recommend sticking with Tuftex, BSA, or 14" Belbals. Sometimes, you can get a good neck with a Unique, but more often I get a tear drop shape, which I find interesting.

I purchase my Uniques from our friends at balloons-united and loonerworld.de; I may also have some from jennyloons. All of these are good sources with fresh stock. I also have primarily bought Uniques with prints. That means they were already inflated once and the bad ones are gone.

I agree with Lyckr that the colors are amazing. I'm usually not a fan of crystal green, but the Unique green is pale and beautiful. The attached photo doesn't do it justice.

Because I've had a number of bad experiences in the past with various Uniques (not necessarily the 16"), I still don't 100% trust this brand. However, it sort of makes them more "exciting" to inflate.

If you are ready to try some, I suggest you purchase the peace sign uniques from balloons-united. They were recently put up on the site and are fresh. You can also pick and choose your colors.
        Attached Files

Comment

• Loon119
          • Jun 2018

Hey full phobic non popper here. Absolutely love the unique. It's been my number one go to balloon since I started buying large balloons 11 years ago. Very large, very soft and 99% of the time very safe. They have been ridden very very hard, my wife blows them way past 16 and way past 20 and they never pop. Last week my unique took my weight humping and my wife sat straddling me as well without popping. I highly recommend them all the time. If they have slight flaws they can pop quicker so it's important to check the balloon over religiously upon inflation because they can go with quite a loud bang. Mine are purchased through balloons United. Good luck

Comment

• palloncino90
            • Jan 2018

Thank you my friends! Now I feel reassured reading you all :-) I'm so happy although I always loved the Tuftex but since I watched many clips including Unique I fall in love ahahah.
            About the store: I would like to buy the Unique that Tamafu uses in their clips, it's a japanese store, which sells Unique 16" with hentai print on, would you recommend it? (I posted this question days ago in the related thread if you wanna give a look).

Comment

• wildheart
              • Apr 2015

Most are pretty good. I’ve tried 14 and 16 inch so far. B2ped a few. The first was an older one, and popped soon after rated size. The other got absolutely huge before it popped. I’ve yet to have any pop on accident. Pre-inflate the neck a few times if you like the necks big. Safer than overinflating them and has the same look.
              How big will it go? Only one way to find out...
              My website: loonerstories.weebly.com

Comment

• Seidenki
                • Dec 2016

I would echo pretty much everything said so far. It's been a very very long time since I've had one pop before rated size. They're basically my go-to for a general purpose balloon. Once inflated, they will usually stay like that for weeks, eventually slowly deflating.

Comment

• Eastlooner
                  • Apr 2019

I love these balloons Mainly I am a popper, so their life isn't long, but blowing them is a pleasure. They are predictable and easy reach rated size staying softer than Q16. After 2-3 inflations they reach 18" and still are stable. They fly about 24-30 hrs when filled with helium without HiFloat. When you use older batches (properly kept for 2-3 years) all depends on color, basically standards last longer than crystal, especially green and blue. As a rule everyone of them even slightly sticking will reach the rated size, standard yellow, light blue and pink are strongest. They go with not so loud pop, like Belbals, louder than Tuftexes, but still less loud than Qualatexes or BSA, the number of shreds is rather low, even when blown to pop. Their durability isn't great when humped etc in comparison with fresh TT or Qualatexes and even overinflated Belbals, so if you want to play with them hard, they must stay slightly underinflated.
                  The oxidisation time is comparable to other brands.
                  I haven't met any defective one (hole etc) for last 2-3 years in both crystal or standard batches although popped more than 1000.
                  Have Fun

Comment

• LoonerPlanet
                    • Nov 2018

One other aspect of 16 inch Uniques. I find that they vary in shape. Some will get long necks with the usual balloons skills, while others get a more tear drop shape (look at the balloons-united website photo of the Uniques with a peace symbol). I assume that it is because they have different factories, but I really don't know. I like both shapes. Have others noticed this as well?

Comment

• Meililoon
                      aka lyckr
                      • Sep 2014

Originally posted by LoonerPlanet
                      One other aspect of 16 inch Uniques. I find that they vary in shape. Some will get long necks with the usual balloons skills, while others get a more tear drop shape (look at the balloons-united website photo of the Uniques with a peace symbol). I assume that it is because they have different factories, but I really don't know. I like both shapes. Have others noticed this as well?
                      Yes, I've noticed this after they started selling them in stores here. Even individual balloons from the same bag inflates differently for some reason.

Comment

• BalloonBoyUK
                        Banned
                        • Dec 2018

Originally posted by lyckr
                        Even individual balloons from the same bag inflates differently for some reason.
                        I guess that's why they're called "Unique"!

Comment

• PBK
                          • Mar 2019

I'm kind of on the fence about Unique. I LOVE their punchballs and have had many very pleasant experiences and memories of them over the years. They're also readily available.
                          The 16's I haven't played with too much. I had a bag of them many years ago but I tossed it because the balloons were old and brittle and 3 out of 5 that I inflated popped before they got anywhere near rated size. The 2 that didn't pop had lines and marks all over them. Not saying that makes Unique bad as it was probably just an old bag. That's my only experience with Unique 16's.
                          I am really liking their 24's. I've always really liked their 15's but lately the batches I've been getting from an online vendor have been suffering a lot of premature pops.

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          😂
                          🥰
                          😘
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😞
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎