Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SuTeKh
    • Sep 2018

Qualatex 36

Hi fellow looners! Was curious to get some other input on the Q36. I just ordered a few Q36 loons that should be arriving today and i was curious if they can stand to take alot of abuse. Can they survive being ridden when blown up to full size? Never rode one of these before and would love some opinions on them as i love these balloons one of my favs
  • Yen_D_Heart
    • Jan 2019

Re: Qualatex 36

I have some 36" Qualatex. I think they can take quite some weight, but I always under-inflated them to minimize risk. Honestly speaking, they are the least interesting 36" balloon. Round, rather firm, weird neck.... only their varied prints make them interesting to me. Thats how different opinions can be I guess

Comment

• Bjorn
      Phobic non-popper
      • Oct 2018

I will take care when inflating them to the max.

Last week I had some Q36 balloons. I inflated a balloon until the neck starts to form. I deflated it the day after and inflated it again using an electric pump.
      The second time I inflated the balloon near to a table, which has a height of 75 cm. When the balloon had a diameter of about 80 cm (about 32 inch), it nearly stopped growing and then.....bang. The balloon popped. No neck was formed before it popped, it just popped at a size of about 32 inch.

I felt disapointed, because I expected it could be inflated much larger.
      Bang, that was 5 euro and a very beautiful balloon.
      Unfortunately it was also my last Q36 balloon, so I had to order new ones.

By the way I inflated it a second time to make the balloon some softer and to speed up the proces of oxidation. I hoped to have a large, soft balloon after about a week. I want to lay on it, so it's nice when it's still large but not rockhard.

Comment

• sonarloon
        • Jun 2017

Clearly I'm living under one big ass rock the size of the sun! Lol!
        I thought qualatex stopped making the q36? I know they did the q24 but I also thought the q36 was also along with it?
        To ebay I go!
        Sorry for hijacking this thread, I was certain the q36 was nothing more than a fond memory and a few remaining dozen saved balloons in around the community.

Comment

• BalloonBoyUK
          Banned
          • Dec 2018

Originally posted by Bjorn
          The second time I inflated the balloon near to a table, which has a height of 75 cm. When the balloon had a diameter of about 80 cm (about 32 inch), it nearly stopped growing and then.....bang. The balloon popped. No neck was formed before it popped, it just popped at a size of about 32 inch.
          The balloon may have hit something sharp, during that second inflation. It could have been a bit of stone, a wooden splinter/shard, a bit of glass, or just some muck, dust or dirt on the floor. There's no way of knowing that the balloon itself was faulty though.

Qualatex 36" round latex balloons aren't designed to be overinflated, and don't neck! If you do, they tend to pop easily. You need to remember this: balloons aren't generally designed to be overinflated. By the very nature of what you are doing, you are forcing more air/gas into the balloon, than it was originally intended to hold. I know that - in your case - you state that the balloon hadn't gotten to 36" in size, but that doesn't mean the balloon itself was inherently faulty.

I hoped to have a large, soft balloon after about a week. I want to lay on it, so it's nice when it's still large but not rockhard.
          Qualatex 36" round latex balloons don't get soft. They're not that kind of balloon. The only way they will become a bit softer, is if you fill them with helium, let them go softer over a period of several weeks, and then you can potentially (and I stress the word "potentially") be able to lay on them. But generally-speaking, they're not meant to be laid on, and will probably pop easily!

Originally posted by sonarloon
          I thought qualatex stopped making the q36? I know they did the q24 but I also thought the q36 was also along with it.
          Nope! They're still made, and come in plenty of different colours as well! At last count, there's something like 45-50 different colours, shades and prints for Qualatex 36" round latex balloons! They're my favourite balloon to blow-up, but I don't ever overinflate them, because I don't like pops!

Comment

• Bjorn
            Phobic non-popper
            • Oct 2018

Originally posted by BalloonBoyUK
            The balloon may have hit something sharp, during that second inflation. It could have been a bit of stone, a wooden splinter/shard, a bit of glass, or just some muck, dust or dirt on the floor. There's no way of knowing that the balloon itself was faulty though.

Qualatex 36" round latex balloons aren't designed to be overinflated, and don't neck! If you do, they tend to pop easily. You need to remember this: balloons aren't generally designed to be overinflated. By the very nature of what you are doing, you are forcing more air/gas into the balloon, than it was originally intended to hold. I know that - in your case - you state that the balloon hadn't gotten to 36" in size, but that doesn't mean the balloon itself was inherently faulty.

Qualatex 36" round latex balloons don't get soft. They're not that kind of balloon. The only way they will become a bit softer, is if you fill them with helium, let them go softer over a period of several weeks, and then you can potentially (and I stress the word "potentially") be able to lay on them. But generally-speaking, they're not meant to be laid on, and will probably pop easily!

Nope! They're still made, and come in plenty of different colours as well! At last count, there's something like 45-50 different colours, shades and prints for Qualatex 36" round latex balloons! They're my favourite balloon to blow-up, but I don't ever overinflate them, because I don't like pops!
            I cannot guarantee there were no sharp objects on the floor, but if there were, it could be a old breadcrumb. I'm the only one who lives here and there were no visitors last week.

I think the balloon popped by overinflation, which was strange because I expect to inflate the balloon to it's specified size. The balloon didn't expand significantly during the 20 seconds or so, but I expected the balloon wasn't fully inflated because it didn't reach the specified size of 36 inch.

Some weeks before, I inflated some 36 inch balloons up to about 60 cm, reinflated them again tot 60 cm and store them for a few days. After that they started oxidizing and felt soft. They did carry me very well, while laying on them. Unfortunately, after a few days they were getting to soft which decreases my feelings of excitement.
            I hoped to have more exciting sessions with my balloon when inflating it larger. Unfortunately, I had no sessions with this balloon.

Comment

• Seidenki
              • Dec 2016

Aren't Qualatex 36s more like 30 inches? I've had Q36 balloons not make it to 36 inches, too.

Comment

• Nopops4me
                • Jun 2015

Qualatex are not my favourite balloons. Had some burst on me when nowhere near rated size. They weren't 36" they were 11" and only made about 6/7" and bang. They were new out of packet.

Comment

• BalloonBoyUK
                  Banned
                  • Dec 2018

The balloon didn't expand significantly during the 20 seconds or so, but I expected the balloon wasn't fully inflated because it didn't reach the specified size of 36 inch.
                  That sounds like there was a defect in the latex then, or else you weren't watching it closely enough to notice that something was wrong. I don't mean that in a rude manner. I mean, that if the balloon had been gently increasing in size, it shouldn't have popped. If it wasn't expanding, that means there's a fault, which usually means:

1) There's a defect in the actual latex, that's causing a problem, as the balloon isn't stretching correctly, and thus when under enough pressure, it'll pop, OR

2) Something was causing the balloon to not stretch correctly (e.g. the way you were holding it too tightly, or an object of some kind was distorting the inflation process), and that caused it to pop, OR

3) It was already at the right size, and you overinflated it, and it popped because it was bigger than you realised, or came into contact with something sharp/dangerous, that caused it to pop.

Again, I'm not saying those things in an accusatory manner, but merely as observations. It's quite hard to size a balloon, purely by sight alone, especially with a 36" balloon. That's why I always underinflate them, to be on the side of caution.

Comment

• BalloonBoyUK
                    Banned
                    • Dec 2018

Originally posted by Nopops4me
                    Qualatex are not my favourite balloons. Had some burst on me when nowhere near rated size. They weren't 36" they were 11" and only made about 6/7" and bang. They were new out of packet.
                    You should have contacted whoever sold them to you, for a refund, or replacement.

A 36" balloon filled to just six or seven inches shouldn't pop anyway, unless it was defective, as it had barely been put under any pressure/stress. If it was defective, then that whole production run would potentially also be defective!

Qualatex have very high quality control standards. If what you are saying is true, you should have contacted them, and they would almost certainly have sent you some replacements. Their Customer Service is very good, and I've never had any major problems with them or their balloons.

Comment

• Nopops4me
                      • Jun 2015

Balloon boy uk. As the post states, they weren't 36" they were 11" so only blown up about half way. The shop was one of a chain of party shops but probably franchised. The next time I was able to get to that town the shop had closed down. I would say though the packet I bought wasn't reduced in price or anything like that or any indication that the shop was closing down. I put the whole episode down to experience.

Comment

• BalloonBoyUK
                        Banned
                        • Dec 2018

Originally posted by Nopops4me
                        Balloon boy uk. As the post states, they weren't 36" they were 11" so only blown up about half way. The shop was one of a chain of party shops but probably franchised. The next time I was able to get to that town the shop had closed down. I would say though the packet I bought wasn't reduced in price or anything like that or any indication that the shop was closing down. I put the whole episode down to experience.
                        Ah, my apologies for misreading your post. It sounds like the balloons were an old batch then, and the shop was just getting shot of their stock, to anyone willing to pay for them.

Like you say, put it down to experience. But for future reference, if you do buy Qualatex balloons, and they aren't up to the right standards, do contact their Customer Services teams, and they will help you out. They don't want people to be unsatisfied with their products, and nor would I, and they will replace faulty products, if you contact them and say what's happened. I love Qualatex balloons myself, so I hope this experience hasn't put you off them completely.

Comment

• Creeperlooner
                          • Jan 2020

Q36 is my favourite balloon, as they are the biggest size available to sell in Brazil with a reasonable price. They are very strong and support my weight (98Kg) when riding. I love how strong they are in the first inflation.

Comment

• Whoopsapopperlips
                            • Jan 2019

I have found that necks are longer on the 36 than they used to be.
                            At first they are very rigid, but with repeated inflations and some heat treatment they do soften up and get quite stretchy.
                            Some serious prestretching on the neck does make it possible to inflate.
                            For best riding results, blow tight, then let out some air for a bit of bounce.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• palloncino90
                              • Jan 2018

Originally posted by Whoopsapopperlips
                              I have found that necks are longer on the 36 than they used to be.
                              At first they are very rigid, but with repeated inflations and some heat treatment they do soften up and get quite stretchy.
                              Some serious prestretching on the neck does make it possible to inflate.
                              For best riding results, blow tight, then let out some air for a bit of bounce.
                              it's huge, i wouldn't dare to take it, seems would to burst at the minimal touch. Anyway it's a sexy and at the same time weird balloon.
                              I want to live surrounded of big and colorful balloons

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎