Getting the loudest pop possible 💥 BANG!!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Common Loon
    • Aug 2020

Re: Getting the loudest pop possible �� BANG!!!

Originally posted by b0f0s0f
    Do you have a source on this? I'd have thought that balloons have a longer impulse
    It's difficult to find a good apples-to-apples comparison, but this study of firearm impulses ( https://www.noiseandhealth.org/artic...;aulast=Flamme ) found that

Among firearms producing greater sound levels, pressure envelope (B) durations ranged between 12 and 33 ms [...]
    Meanwhile the envelope on the balloon pops in PΓ€tynen's nice study ( https://asa.scitation.org/doi/pdf/10.1121/1.3518780 ) were no wider than about 4-5 ms. Then again, the firearms study was done in an open field acoustic condition while the balloon study was in an anechoic chamber... so presumably some of the extended envelope of the firearms blasts was due to reflected sound.

Comment

• srob2
      • Dec 2017

Re: Getting the loudest pop possible 💥 BANG!!!

They way underinflated their balloons. They used a string to make the balloons exactly 9 inches to pin and crush them, but a fully inflated (not overinflated) 9 inch unique is almost 10 inches - I just checked. I can get it bigger than 9 inches on 2 breaths, and I need 5 to b2p.

Comment

• tebe2hu
        • Jan 2017

I found the loudest some metallic 12" balloons, I think Gemar. You shouldn't stretch them before the inflation and blow them slowly till the noiswiest end. Among them was the loudest the Ivory color but it might be subjective.

Comment

• NEKOCC
          • Mar 2020

I think the most important thing is the weight of a balloon. For same balloon, air pressure inside the balloon is the key. So the bursting sound of a heavier balloons is usually louder than lighter one, blow/sit to pop usually louder than pin pop a same kind balloon.

By the way, I remeber I have watched a show, one man pin pop a 24 or 36 balloons and the other one record how loud the sound is by a machine. The final result is over 120db,it is not good for people's ear.

Comment

• Cern
            • Feb 2021

Once i've tried b2p Race with my gf in tunnel at night, it was insanely loud. 18 inch balloon

Comment

• Danishlooner
              • Jan 2018

If you want an insanely loud bang, then try to pump to pop a belbal 350. I promise you that it's crazy ! It's not like a shotgun shot. More like a small bomb. And the pressure that comes from the boom is insane !

Comment

• lucid
                • Sep 2016

I once had a girl come over 2 my house and she btp'd a crystal blue tt17 and the Shockwave off the pop was enough to knock a framed picture off the wall. It was easily over 24 inches at the time. I always found it cool that the actual pop is a sonic boom from the contracting latex breaking the sound barrier. These days I'm not intentionally going for loud pops and always wear protection as I've already got semi permanent low pitched ringing in my ears constantly. Keep your ear holes protected lol.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                😂
                🥰
                😘
                🤢
                😎
                😞
                😡
                👍
                👎