Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tracy
    • May 2018

Fresh/new balloons

7balloons post about ordering in the USA brought my mind around to a point that I've been thinking about for quite some time. I really detest accidental pops, and as we all know older balloons - particularly if not stored correctly - result in more unintended BANGS than their fresher cousins....

So what retailers (online, preferably USA) consistently sell the freshest balloons? Thanks for any hints

Tracy
  • Dude1234
    • Sep 2017

Re: Fresh/new balloons

I always think the shop/retailer that sells out the quickest should have the freshest loons. I hope this helps

Comment

• LoonerPlanet
      • Nov 2018

I feel the same way as Tracy, which is why I often order from the European shops.

Although I've only ordered from them twice, the balloons from saveonballoons.com were very good quality each time. They have limited stock, which may be why their balloons are fresh. Added bonus, they sell 17" and 24" Tuftex by the piece and with color choices.

Ballooncountry.com also seems to track the "sell by date" on Tuftex. I would never buy balloons that they have reduced the price on--probably getting old.

Comment

• Asclepio
        • Sep 2018

I am ordering tuftex from Amazon.com since 2 years ago, they are usually at a very good price, and the shipping is just much cheaper and fast than any other distributor (believe me, it is amazing to order your balloons and have them in 2 or 3 days), but my last order was a bag of green-emerald tuftex 17" balloons and they were getting old, most of them have a really rare smell and the latex just felt very soft during all the inflation, also almost 60% of them popped very prematurely, I can describe the inflations as just keep growing till 22" or 23" feeling still very soft and with no neck at all, very disappointed since it is my firs incident like that.
        A looner looking for fun, against violence or people with hightened moral idealism…. I just care about loons, so don’t ruin the fun.

Comment

• BYGavia
          • Dec 2017

Originally posted by Dude1234
          I always think the shop/retailer that sells out the quickest should have the freshest loons. I hope this helps
          This is my line of reasoning as well. I have had better overall luck with assorted colors of Tuftex balloons (17” and 24”) than with single colors.

Comment

• Anttemp18
            • Nov 2019

Hey Tracy, try https://www.bargainballoons.com/. They are pretty good and sell a lot. Also I've seen them selling old balloons at a discount and they mention it in clearance, stating not good for helium. I found their prices best amongst so far.

Comment

• balloonPatcher
              • Jun 2020

I usually try to order direct from a manufacturer for the newest, freshest balloons. http://cattex.com is a excellent
              balloon manufacturer. The balloons have a nice 'latex' smell and the latex is soft and defect free. The balloons inflate easily past their rated size.
              Delivery to Canada was very fast in under 10 days from Italy.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              😂
              🥰
              😘
              🤢
              😎
              😞
              😡
              👍
              👎