X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • frankfrank
    Empathetic Harmonizer
    • Feb 2018

Re: Larger balloons are more widely available

I've run into some "neckier" 24s at Party City which are not as durable. Not sure what the deal is.

As for the 36 inchers at Walmart, I've never seen any of those, and I've been in at least 20 Walmarts. I haven't seen the 17s recently, but maybe those are currently rotated out of stock until Christmas season is over.
    People who don't know the difference between BURRO and BURROW, can't tell their ass from a hole in the ground.

There's been a lot of thefts of helium-filled balloons recently. More so than in the past, so they're going up. I think inflation is to blame.

"Some people without brains do an awful lot of talking." - The Scarecrow, WIZARD OF OZ, 1939

Comment

• BalloonBoyUK
      Banned
      • Dec 2018

Originally posted by frankfrank
      I've run into some "neckier" 24s at Party City which are not as durable. Not sure what the deal is.
      I would presume that they're cheaper, unbranded 24" balloons, hence why they're not as durable as, say, a Qualatex or Cattex 24" one might be. Generally-speaking, stores try to get away with using unbranded balloons, to maintain their profits, which is a real nuisance for those who like to have our balloon puchases last longer than a day or two.

Comment

• frankfrank
        Empathetic Harmonizer
        • Feb 2018

I've found that if I stick to the "no-neck" balloons from Party City, they're still the good ones which can take a lot of abuse, and riding/bouncing.
        People who don't know the difference between BURRO and BURROW, can't tell their ass from a hole in the ground.

There's been a lot of thefts of helium-filled balloons recently. More so than in the past, so they're going up. I think inflation is to blame.

"Some people without brains do an awful lot of talking." - The Scarecrow, WIZARD OF OZ, 1939

Comment

• SRider
          • Jun 2018

Originally posted by BlueYoshi
          Ooh. What brand are they? Curious B.Y. is curious.
          I believe they are manufactured exclusively for Walmart as I haven't seen or heard of them elsewhere. Apparently Walmart used to rebrand 36" Unique balloons from Mexico, but these new ones say "Made in USA".

Comment

• john1bl
            • Jan 2014

I think they are CTI brand from what I can tell. which makes them a Pioneer brand.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡
            👍
            👎