Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Joshy
    • Oct 2023

Originally posted by inflate 599

yes south yorkshire here what you Like about the boats?
    Love the feel of the plastic straining as the boat gets loaded up. Seeing how much load one can hold before it gives up and sinks or starts to leak at the seems .

Comment

• FloatyMatt
      • Nov 2023

Originally posted by Danniballoon
      Does anyone like inflatable boats? I like riding the 2-man ones and the older type kids ones that are made from glossy opaque vinyl. I especially like used ones &n like to repair popped ones.
      Hi Danni,

I love riding anything inflatable! boats and floats are especially a favourite. Many thanks Matthew

Wakefield, UK

Comment

• ricky
        • May 2017

Originally posted by TowableStretch
        Re: Anyone in to inflatable boats?

After years I finally managed to get a Campingaz Colossus 2 I can’t wait to take it to the lake next summer, as it’s made of a softer kind of pvc.
        Looks like a rebrand of a Coleman Colussus 3, great material on those, firm but still gets nice and soft in the sun.

I got lucky and found someone selling a Coleman Party Island for cheap since it didn't hold air well overnight. Same rubber compound as the colussus just slightly thicker. Took a chance and the only leak it had was a tiny pinhole I immediately patched. Thinking of heat stretching it next summer in the hot sun, will get absolutely massive.
        Attached Files

Comment

• MegaInflator
          • Oct 2019

Originally posted by ricky

Thinking of heat stretching it next summer in the hot sun, will get absolutely massive.
          oh please do share images if/when you do!

Comment

• Danniballoon
            • Mar 2018

Here is my latest boat. It's a second hand one but is nice & big and boinky. That single outside chamber is huge - ideal for riding
            Attached Files

Comment

• frenchy
              • Sep 2018

What brand/ model boat is that?

Comment

• Danniballoon
                • Mar 2018

It's a Swift model. Not sure of the manufacturer, but it looks like it's a few years old.

Comment

• TowableStretch
                  • Jun 2017

Originally posted by ricky

Looks like a rebrand of a Coleman Colussus 3, great material on those, firm but still gets nice and soft in the sun.

I got lucky and found someone selling a Coleman Party Island for cheap since it didn't hold air well overnight. Same rubber compound as the colussus just slightly thicker. Took a chance and the only leak it had was a tiny pinhole I immediately patched. Thinking of heat stretching it next summer in the hot sun, will get absolutely massive.
                  Great find! Can’t wait for summer to see some pictures of it! Be carefull not to pop baffles tho😉

Comment

• TowableStretch
                    • Jun 2017

Originally posted by Danniballoon
                    It's a Swift model. Not sure of the manufacturer, but it looks like it's a few years old.
                    I’d think you can call it vintage ^^

Comment

• TowableStretch
                      • Jun 2017

A few weeks ago I poured a few bottles of ATBC in the stretched inner chamber of my Fish Hunter 280. Material became pretty soft and stretchy, can’t wait for some summer heat.. I think it will feel like very soft rubber🤤

Comment

• MegaInflator
                        • Oct 2019

A few weeks ago I poured a few bottles of ATBC in the stretched inner chamber of my Fish Hunter 280. Material became pretty soft and stretchy, can’t wait for some summer heat.. I think it will feel like very soft rubber🤤
                        What's your ATBC source ? I've been thinking about experimenting with it, but price/availability are an issue.

Comment

• TowableStretch
                          • Jun 2017

Originally posted by MegaInflator

What's your ATBC source ? I've been thinking about experimenting with it, but price/availability are an issue.
                          I bought Cernit magic mix. It’s around 6€ for a 80ml bottle. It’s cheaper than Sculpey and does exactly the same. But due to the high prices I rarely buy it

Comment

• MegaInflator
                            • Oct 2019

I bought Cernit magic mix. It’s around 6€ for a 80ml bottle. It’s cheaper than Sculpey and does exactly the same. But due to the high prices I rarely buy it
                            I see. How far does that 80ml go ? Is that enough for that boat or ?

Comment

• TowableStretch
                              • Jun 2017

Originally posted by MegaInflator

I see. How far does that 80ml go ? Is that enough for that boat or ?
                              Sofar I used 2,5 bottles but I need 1 more I think as 1 part still isnt as soft as the rest

Comment

• MegaInflator
                                • Oct 2019

Sofar I used 2,5 bottles but I need 1 more I think as 1 part still isnt as soft as the rest
                                Thank you! I have a few other (smaller) items I'd like to test this stuff on sine I keep hearing how awesome it is; this givess me a sense of proportion how much I need!

(Also interested in your experiences with it!)

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎