Safer method for inflating mouse ears balloons?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LoonerPlanet
    • Nov 2018

Safer method for inflating mouse ears balloons?

I am a big fan of Cattex/Rifco's giant mouse ear balloon, but it can tricky to inflate.

Most "looner experts" recommend fully inflating the ears first, then the body. I've followed this advice for years; it works well until you try necking the balloon or re-inflating it a second time. The U-shaped section between the ears undergoes a lot of stress and can fail anytime.

Watching Anna Pop videos (us nonpoppers can learn alot from these videos), I've been inspired to go about it differently.

I first inflate the neck and give it a good stretch. One inflation is usually enough to loosen it up, but more could be better. Deflate the neck and then start inflating the body. After every 3 or 4 blows, push down on the body to force air into the ears. Keep doing it until the ears stay inflated. Then continue inflating the body and then the neck, stretching the neck every few breaths to keep it going.

The result is a huge mouse ear that I find is pretty stable. I tend to keep my balloons around for a few days, adding air every so often. I've even inflated mouse ears a second or third time using this approach. The trade-off is that the ears are not quite a large as in the ears-first method, but that also probably reduces the stress on the U section.

I would be curious to hear if other folks have tried something similar. Or try it out and report back. Happy looning.
  • palloncino90
    • Jan 2018

Re: Safer method for inflating mouse ears balloons?

Thank you, I like the mouse balloons even if I don't feel comfortable inflating them so I often avoid to purchase but I will do next time and I will follow your tips.
    Anyway would be nice to see some pictures of your inflated mouse balloons

PS: Where do I find out the Anna pops videos? YouTube?
    I want to live surrounded of big and colorful balloons

Comment

• LoonerHoax
      • May 2020

I just do the normal "inflate the ears then body" technique. I usually get 3 to 4 inflations out of the mouse heads before I decide to pop them. I blew one up a couple nights ago and inflated the neck a couple times first. It allowed it to neck without having the balloon tightly inflated.

Comment

• LoonerPlanet
        • Nov 2018

Unfortunately, I don't have a very good photo, but here is one. It did get larger.
        Attached Files

Comment

• LoonerPlanet
          • Nov 2018

I forgot to answer pallocino90's other question.

Anna Pop is a studio on clips4sale.com. She is a solid popper. She did an interview with the folks on balloons-united (now closed) and I got the impression that she knows about looners, but her pleasure is not sexual but instead playing with and popping balloons. I suspect she is quite the party girl and likes the attention for her balloon popping.

Although I'm a non popper, I like her videos because she (and her friend Sara) blow up all kinds of big balloons and have real balloon inflating skills. They also use lots of balloons in their sets. I love seeing rooms overflowing with tight balloons.

Comment

• palloncino90
            • Jan 2018

Nice balloon! What size is it?

Anyway, I suspect that I've already seen her in some clip even if I'm not sure 100%.
            I'm like you, although I'm a non-popper I really like to see big, brightness and tight balloons tortured, overinflated and popped (as long as a girl does it).
            I want to live surrounded of big and colorful balloons

Comment

• LoonerPlanet
              • Nov 2018

I used the same method to inflate this 28" Gummiwerk "Bonzo" balloon. These are incredibly thick balloons and not easy to blow up.

I had previously tried to inflate one by blowing up the ears first. I got the ears inflated, but couldn't get the head to expand and the balloon popped.

In this case, I first slowly inflated the head, tugging on the ears to stretch them and occasionally pushing down on the head to force air into the ears. The ears pushed out, one at a time. Then I stretched the nose and carefully added more air. Once those parts inflated, I blew up the rest of the body. The balloon is very tight, but has been stable for 24 hours.

I don't know how many other shaped balloons this will work for, but I am eager to explore in the name of balloon science.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by LoonerPlanet; 17-10-2020, 22:29.

Comment

• LoonerHoax
                • May 2020

The Gummiwerks/C&F rabbit balloons feel very tight even when underinflated. I think it has to do with the thickness of the latex.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                😂
                🥰
                😘
                🤢
                😎
                😞
                😡
                👍
                👎