Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sonarloon
    • Jun 2017

wasn't that bad

Well, was trying the hole q16 under my desk again. Was browsing the net and decided to pick it up. I've still yet to figure out what it hit or if it was just too oxidized, but it popped. The balloon had been there for about 4 days now, and the pop was no louder than when I accidentally drop something big and heavy and it lands with a solid thud.
    Are 4 day old balloons that quiet when they go? Also, now I get to have fun picking up the shards. I think I picked up most of them, surprisingly the balloon actually remained in half a dozen findable pieces, but something tells me there's way more than that. Is that how they go when not blowpopped? Split up into a few sections rather than literally exploding into thousands of tiny shards?
    I think this is making a semi-popper out of me. Too early to say, though I think if I was able to endure it with no ear protection, I think I'll be fine, either that or I'm going deaf. Hahaha.
  • Blowitbig
    • Jan 2016

Re: wasn't that bad

Based on my experience, if i have a balloon thats been around for 4 or 5 days it seems like the latex is not as tight ,therefore when my balloon would pop there usually wasn't much to pick up .i have had accidental pops while using my loon pump ( accidentally over inflating) and there were sooooo many pieces of the balloon, it took me awhile to pick them all up.
    The bigger the better

Comment

• OverTheTop
      • Dec 2013

Re: wasn't that bad

When the latex is stretched out by being inflated for several days, it tends to be less violent when it pops, making less noise and usually leaving a few large shards rather than tiny bits of confetti. It also varies with brand and size - Qualatex tend to be pretty loud and usually burst into a lot of small pieces in my experience, while Cattex are a bit quieter and just split into a few large pieces.

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍
      👎