• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • loonerdude44
    Inflatable Enthusiast
    • Oct 2017

My New Companion

Everybody, meet Sapphire.

Well now that Layla's gone, I needed somebody else. I spent about $14 USD on this baby, and I think it's worth it. She's just your standard, run-of-the-mill Intex lil' Whale. I think I'm in love! I've got to say, the smell when I opened up the box was intoxicating! I only wish I could have gotten some older inflates with phthalates, but I don't think I have the chance now, they'd be far too expensive for me.

And no, I don't plan on heat stretching her or doing anything else that might compromise the integrity of the whale. I don't want a repeat of what happened with Layla. I plan on keeping this whale, for good.

I suggest opening the images in another tab and zooming out because they're HYOOGE!

On a side note, one thing that irks me is that there's two chambers: one shared by the dorsal fin, one of the pectoral fins, the tail fin and the main body, then there's the other chamber separate from the rest for a SINGLE pectoral fin.

Another thing, the pictures don't really do this gal justice! She's much more beautiful in person, especially since I've got a less than perfect camera, shitty lighting and really unsteady hands.

Last edited by loonerdude44; 23-01-2018, 07:47. Reason: Adding photos
  • Nopops4me
    • Jun 2015

Re: My New Companion

Sorry to hear Layla is laid to rest. Your new 'baby' looks great. How about 'Layon' for its name.

Comment

• loonerdude44
      Inflatable Enthusiast
      • Oct 2017

Originally posted by Nopops4me
      Sorry to hear Layla is laid to rest. Your new 'baby' looks great. How about 'Layon' for its name.
      Nah, I've already named her Sapphire, just because she's blue (obviously), although sapphire is a darker blue than she is. I'm not good with names, but I thought naming her after a precious gemstone would be a good idea.

I'd love to get some other orcas (or other inflates of certain colors), like the Swimline transparent red orca for example (which despite the color difference, is quite akin to the older Bestway orca), and name her Ruby. Just to have a whole bunch of them named after gemstones would be cool.

I walked into my room earlier, and oh my goodness the smell! The smell was only slightly weaker than when I opened the box earlier. That new vinyl smell is AMAZING!

So far, we're happy together. I say we and together because, unlike most if not all of you, I feel incredibly deep connections to these simple little kid's toys on a spiritual level. It's the same way for me with cars.

I'm weird, I know. Then again, we're all weird here!

Comment

• Bubble Boy :-P

Aww, she's adorable! I'll bet she smells nice too! & I love the name Congrats on the new, awesome friend! I want one!

Comment

• loonerdude44
          Inflatable Enthusiast
          • Oct 2017

Originally posted by Bubble Boy :-P
          Aww, she's adorable! I'll bet she smells nice too! & I love the name Congrats on the new, awesome friend! I want one!
          Cheers man! The smell was heavenly! Just go buy one for yourself!

The color's so much nicer in person, believe me!

I even snuck out of the house in the middle of the night (still living with my mom) and took her with me (made it without getting caught, so far mom doesn't have a clue about Saph and I want it to stay that way), I took her straight down to the beach. We just layed there and stared at the stars, it was great. My dumb cat followed us there though. No, Saph didn't get clawed to death, the cat was too afraid of her to even come close.

Even if y'all don't fully understand it, thanks for being supportive of my... beliefs.

This last image is kinda shaky, and I couldn't be bothered taking another.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          😂
          🥰
          😘
          🤢
          😎
          😞
          😡
          👍
          👎