Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LoonerJeff
    • Mar 2024

B2p Fear

So I'm 24 now, but I remember being into balloons since I was probably 8 or so. To this day, I think I've blown to pop maybe 2 balloons (both by accident) and I've never even attempted to take one to it's limit intentionally. I've been looning hard for about a decade and the primal fear of B2p's and P2p's still gets me! Even when I muster the courage to pop any balloons, I'll be caught dead without some kind of earplugs/earmuffs to dampen the bang. Ironically, I'm without a doubt a popper, as I love the anticipation/tension before the boom.

Anyone else who can't pop a balloon if you don't control when? I.E. sitting, nails, stomp, squeeze, etc.
  • BallonBTP
    • Apr 2020

Re: B2p Fear

Hi Jeff,

Maybe I am not the right guy to answer, because I have no fear of blowing up balloons until they pop. Instead I love the rush I get from it.
    When I choose to answer anyway it is because I have experienced exactly what you do right now earlier in my life.
    I so often wanted to keep blowing a balloon until it popped, but it always ended with the anticipation being too much for me, and then I would either chicken out and let the air out, or I would pop the balloon in one of the controlled ways you describe.

I think one of the reasons for not being able to go through with it is that balloons for the most part get much bigger than one expects. This increases the anticipation beyond what one can bear. Another thing is that it seems far more dangerous to pop a balloon by blowing instead of by other means. This is not the case - it is not as “bad” as one thinks it to be. Of course it makes you jump, because you don’t exactly know when the balloon pops, but this is also what makes it such a rush. However think about it: You don’t know the exact moment of the pop either when you sit on the balloon, crush it or use you hands to make it pop.

I imagine that even though you are not writing it directly, that “between” the lines you also asks if there are ways to overcome the fear of blow to pop. The answer is definitely yes, so if you are interested I will gladly share some of my experiences. You are also welcome to send me a private message, if this would suit you better. Let me end by letting you know, that I wasn’t capable of blowing to pop balloons either when I was 24. However now I find it by far the most exciting to do with a balloon, and I enjoy the rush very much.

Greetings
    BallonBTP.
    Last edited by BallonBTP; 12-04-2020, 01:25.

Comment

• wildheart
      • Apr 2015

I used to be absolutely terrified too. Still am. I went from never blowing up a balloon properly, to doing my first blow to pop in a little over a year. Still can’t do it without hearing protection though, and it’s difficult to do. It does get easier with practice. I’m mostly okay with sit to pops now.
      How big will it go? Only one way to find out...
      My website: loonerstories.weebly.com

Comment

• LoonerJeff

Thanks for the response! I totally agree with what you said about the balloons getting bigger than expected; I think that's probably the main factor. Especially because I love Tuftex's, and they often times get waaay bigger than their rated size. I guess that's why I love them so much, but blowing to pop something like a TT17 is a bit too gutsy for me atm. The other factor is that I live in an apartment (kind of high end), so I don't want to bother my neighbors. I even did a lot of research into dampening the echo in the place, but I'm still worried about going full loon in the place. Lots of anticipatory anxiety around the whole balloon situation unfortunately. I really wish I had my own house/place away from others so I could truly test the lengths of my courage.

Comment

• LondonLarry
          Could be a chat bot
          • Jul 2019

It's strange, the wife can b2p any size ballon as she falls in to the catagory - "It's just a balloon?" and can't see what the fuss is all about. She semi cured me by asking me to hold a fully blown up ready to burst balloon in my mouth by the tie end and then pin popping it so I know what a balloon exploding in my face felt like. Then she got me to blow to pop a 12" then a 14" and finally a 16" and 17" balloon. Not all in the same day I hasten to add, I'm still not a fan but can do it. I love watching the wife do it but to me it's a bit meh.

Comment

• ugurano
            • Jan 2017

accident my confetti ballon im cry best ballon poped

Comment

• Tfj181
              • Sep 2019

I had put in another thread, I actually love blowing loons to the max and necking then till they’re half a breath away from busting but when I stop and look at the loon to marvel at the size and tightness, my fear suddenly kicks in and I let some of the air out... I’ve tried using a hand pump but It’s still the same. I’m thinking potentially using a hose and to blindfold myself?

Comment

• LondonLarry
                Could be a chat bot
                • Jul 2019

Yes I often think some of these models are fearless or if you read some of Susie DK's posts; one in particular about her b2p a Q24". Sod that. I guess you are really into or not.

Me, I can do it but reluctantly. Also it hurts, not being a wuss or anything but a balloon exploding and smacking you in the face at break-neck speed is not on my pleasurable to do list.

Comment

• looner1990
                  • Jan 2018

I did my first B2P this week after chickening out on the first attempt as the loon got so big and tight. Second attempt got to a similar size but I managed to push myself to continue. What a rush when it finally popped! Probably 10 years work to get to that point.

Comment

• Nopops4me
                    • Jun 2015

Congratulations Looner 1990 on your first b2p after all these years. I think there are quite a few of us on that road. I'm close to the end of the road but still have a few hurdles to overcome. Can't wait to reach the finishing line.
                    Well done

Comment

• looner1990
                      • Jan 2018

Thanks dude. It wasn't as bad as my mind had built it uo to be and the rush afterwards made the struggle worth it.

Let me know if I can offer any advice to try and help.

Comment

• ShredFox
                        • Mar 2019

Congratulations from me as well! I want to get over my fear too, I think not being able to do b2ps STINKS. It encourages me to see that it's possible. Hope you'll be able to do more and get used to it (if that's what you want).

Comment

• Scottishloon
                          • May 2020

I have the mindset that it's only a bit of wee rubber so for me it's nay bother to blow to bursting. It's the sit to pop that gets me, smacking me arse and it stings. Aye, just give it a go man, 2 or 3 under your belt and you'll wonder what all the fuss is about.

Comment

• wildheart
                            • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Scottishloon
                            I have the mindset that it's only a bit of wee rubber so for me it's nay bother to blow to bursting. It's the sit to pop that gets me, smacking me arse and it stings. Aye, just give it a go man, 2 or 3 under your belt and you'll wonder what all the fuss is about.
                            Sit to pops are much easier for me, I’ve never been stung by it either. It okay as long as you’re wearing something, even if it’s only thin. It’s the anticipation that gets me
                            How big will it go? Only one way to find out...
                            My website: loonerstories.weebly.com

Comment

• bfinch2000
                              • Feb 2020

Originally posted by wildheart
                              Sit to pops are much easier for me, I’ve never been stung by it either. It okay as long as you’re wearing something, even if it’s only thin. It’s the anticipation that gets me
                              personally i do sit pops without wearing anything at all and 99% of the time it's fine. it's worth it for me because it feels so much better naked!

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎