Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wildheart
    • Apr 2015

An ambitious project

I thinking about making a new game. I tried making a text adventure where you go on a date with another looner and you decide what happens. I only ever compleated half of it though. I’m thinking about making it in the same engine as loonquest, but have my realistic renders as scenes in the game.

So basically you would walk around like you would in my last game, but when you interact with someone, you can actually see what’s going on rather than just dialogue and a basic avatar. You would choose how the story progresses.

It’s going to be quite time consuming to make renders of all the scenes though. I’d also have to finish writing all the possible scenarios. It can get confusing when you have so many branches of the story to finish.

How many of you would be interested in something like this? It’s pretty ambitious and will probably take a while on my own, but I don’t know anyone will the required skill set to help.

Do let me know if you can help in any way.
    How big will it go? Only one way to find out...
    My website: loonerstories.weebly.com
  • JR Looner
    • May 2015

Re: An ambitious project

I would love to see a game like you are describing. My skill set is not in any field that would be helpful in the making of such a game, but I am willing to learn/help if I can. Maybe making audio recordings of me inflating balloons at different speeds and/or different lung capacities for possible use in the sound effects of the game? Or something similar to that? (I don't do b2ps though.)

Comment

• wildheart
      • Apr 2015

So here’s what I’m thinking. Doing a different render for every scene will take ages, maybe I’ll do it eventually, but it would be a very long time until I’m done. What I’m going to do for now, is make a few character portraits using my 3d renders, and use that for now. So if the character is speaking, you’ll see an image of them. They’ll be different clothing options and some with them blowing a balloon for maximum immersion.

I’m currently in the process of drawing branching tree diagrams of the possible choices you can take based off the game I started 2 years ago. I’m gonna to add more detail and put it into a game engine soon, then I’ll add more story content.

Oh, and the character you play is up to you. I’m trying to make them gender neutral so you can use your imagination to decide who you want to be. Currently the person you meet for the date is female. Maybe I’ll do a male version eventually, but right now I’ve got my hands full with this one. Got over 50 choices written so far from my old game.
      Last edited by wildheart; 26-12-2019, 10:26.

Comment

• wildheart
        • Apr 2015

Originally posted by JR Looner
        I would love to see a game like you are describing. My skill set is not in any field that would be helpful in the making of such a game, but I am willing to learn/help if I can. Maybe making audio recordings of me inflating balloons at different speeds and/or different lung capacities for possible use in the sound effects of the game? Or something similar to that? (I don't do b2ps though.)
        Thanks for the offer, I’ll let you know if I need anything. I’ve got quite a few recordings from the game I made before, but there might be something else I need that I haven’t done.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        😂
        🥰
        😘
        🤢
        😎
        😞
        😡
        👍